Hope to buy a new car within the next year, hope to improve my credit

Elijah123

The last post in this topic was posted 3054 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just as the title says within the next year I am hoping to get a loan for a new vehicle. I have a couple of issues on my credit report. I have one medical collection and I am hoping to use wychat's method to clean it off the report. The other items I have are some 30 day late payments on 2 open accounts. I have 3 30 day lates on my US Bank Mortgage and 3 on an open Chase account. They occurred during a period where I was transitioning from job to job in 2012. I have paid on time ever since on both, and my the balance is just about paid on the credit card.

I was thinking of sending a couple of goodwill letters, but is there something else I should do to help my situation?

Thanks,

Elijah123

Good luck.

You might also consider saving $X per month for a year and just pay cash for the next car. You should still take the clean-up actions described, but then you'd have no car loan. :D

We did that with my wife's car. We are saving for the next vehicle, I am just hoping to avoid any expensive repairs to my current vehicle while we are putting money aside.

Another random question, do you think it would be worth it to up my credit limit on the card. Currently $600 and I have $120 or so currently on the card. (Paying it off thursday when I get paid)

Yes, and keep utilization (reported balance on statements) very low, like $2.

The last post in this topic was posted 3054 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.