Are we headed for another great economic depression?

The last post in this topic was posted 2410 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always smile when people say this. It belies a misunderstanding of the Chinese situation. China cannot sustain their economy. They know it and are starting to panic. They don't truly "own" us even t

I'm still waiting to get SARS.   Or swine flu.

Wait till you get Mad Bear disease.   Only extensive Hibernation therapy can cure it.

I'm confident that Americans can quash this epidemic no problem. Considering their world-class education in science, rejection of antiquated occult beliefs about disease, respect for their fellow man, and willingness to work and sacrifice for the common... wait a minute... oh crap, we're screwed.

Edited by mk_378

I'm confident that Americans can quash this epidemic no problem. Considering their world-class education in science, rejection of antiquated occult beliefs about disease, respect for their fellow man, and willingness to work and sacrifice for the common... wait a minute... oh crap, we're screwed.

:rofl:

Ebola, anyone? Patient 0, and possibly has spread to another relative.

And 5 kids under observation.

Question # 1 - And how many other Liberians got on a plane without symptoms, but flew to country that doesn't have a good health care system?

new movie title;

" 21 Days Later."

...flew to country that doesn't have a good health care system?

There are places worse than Texas? Despite the patient saying that he had just been in Liberia, the first time he sought treatment they didn't consider that he might have Ebola.

Edited by mk_378
  • Admin

Considering their world-class education in science, rejection of antiquated occult beliefs about disease, respect for their fellow man, and willingness to work and sacrifice for the common... .

And....they just watched an entire season of the Walking Dead. :rofl:

...flew to country that doesn't have a good health care system?

There are places worse than Texas? Despite the patient saying that he had just been in Liberia, the first time he sought treatment they didn't consider that he might have Ebola.

The Hospital stating that the nurse " didn't share the information with the rest of the team "

Administrative Translation for ya'all ; "the Doctors didn't read her report"

and there a lots of places that have worse Health care than TX.

Family is now "formally told to stay home". Man may have come in contact with at "least" 80 people. 5 children exposed (and went to school until told to stay home). What about the people on the plane, in the airports, or any other place this man visited? I think the count of possible exposures is much higher.

WTH?

Are we that arrogant to take something like this so lightlty?

Why are people still allowed to leave the areas affected?

I am not in the immediate Dallas area, but it does give me the chills to think of what may happen if they don't get this under control.

Family is now "formally told to stay home". Man may have come in contact with at "least" 80 people. 5 children exposed (and went to school until told to stay home). What about the people on the plane, in the airports, or any other place this man visited? I think the count of possible exposures is much higher.

WTH?

I am not in the immediate Dallas area, but it does give me the chills to think of what may happen if they don't get this under control.

I am in the DFW area, and the whole idea scares the crap out of me...

WTH?

IT's not contagious until you develop a fever and start bleeding, vomiting or have diarrhea

WTH?

IT's not contagious until you develop a fever and start bleeding, vomiting or have diarrhea

His family is at some risk but they seem to have been aware of some of the precautions required. Time will tell. I hope they don't get it and that Duncan recovers.

Ebola is really not very contagious as diseases go. The problem is that it is quite deadly. It's altogether possible that isolated cases will pop up in the US. Particularly as it mushrooms in West Africa. There are significant risks of it spreading to poor countries with overcrowded slums if it isn't capped in Africa. That's my main concern.

WTH?

I am in the DFW area, and the whole idea scares the crap out of me...

You're in Dallas and afraid of EBOLA? Go hide in the Dallas Cowboy Stadium. Nobody ever catches anything there.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm confused, what way should America be going if what we are doing now is wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think I can answer this without crossing into a territory that's definitely not allowed here. But I will say this: we need to reward those who are productive, contributing members of society. We need to cut off those who are not. Right now, it seems to be the opposite.

Exactly 180 degrees from the truth.

We need to stop cutting out the rungs from the ladder just so those who have already reached the top can stay there without being bothered.

You want to end welfare? Raise the minimum wage, drastically.

Want lower fuel and transportation costs or You want a better selection of employees? Fully fund public transit to the point where the agencies say "Enough! We don't need more money!"

You need better educated employees? Make public university education free.

and those are just the beginning....

WTH?

Why not the on the plane? Because he wasn't having symptoms at that point and thus was not infectious.

Seems we've got a couple experts here on Ebola and virus mutations and airborne transmission of said virii. Ya'll need to hit up the CDC, they probably could use the help.

The CDC also has this whacky idea that fluoride compounds in tap water are GOOD for people.

Seems we've got a couple experts here on Ebola and virus mutations and airborne transmission of said virii. Ya'll need to hit up the CDC, they probably could use the help.

The CDC also has this whacky idea that fluoride compounds in tap water are GOOD for people.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? The world isn't black and white.

I'm confused, what way should America be going if what we are doing now is wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think I can answer this without crossing into a territory that's definitely not allowed here. But I will say this: we need to reward those who are productive, contributing members of society. We need to cut off those who are not. Right now, it seems to be the opposite.

Exactly 180 degrees from the truth.

We need to stop cutting out the rungs from the ladder just so those who have already reached the top can stay there without being bothered.

You want to end welfare? Raise the minimum wage, drastically.

Want lower fuel and transportation costs or You want a better selection of employees? Fully fund public transit to the point where the agencies say "Enough! We don't need more money!"

You need better educated employees? Make public university education free.

and those are just the beginning....

I just can't. . .

The last post in this topic was posted 2410 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.