Cap 1 secured w/Cap1 CO currently reporting

Positivemotion

The last post in this topic was posted 2935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Capital One will give you a new card with their own CO reporting. What is your concern?

Thanks for your reply. I was concerned because I have a cap1 chargeoff on my reports currently and was thinking if I send in the $200 they would just keep it and not give me the card. I dont have any money to lose. I will go ahead and send the deposit this Friday.

Edited by Positivemotion

I just asked this in another thread and someone told me 'hell no'? Plus it clearly states not even in fine print that your not guaranteed if you've been in bad standing with them. I'd hate the hard pull with a decline. Obviously they have been forgiving with Mendelssohn and others, so i'm wondering if it's worth a shot to add a tradeline. I've exhausted other secured options at the moment and was declined by a big bank for having CO's.

I just asked this in another thread and someone told me 'hell no'? Plus it clearly states not even in fine print that your not guaranteed if you've been in bad standing with them. I'd hate the hard pull with a decline. Obviously they have been forgiving with Mendelssohn and others, so i'm wondering if it's worth a shot to add a tradeline. I've exhausted other secured options at the moment and was declined by a big bank for having CO's.

I've never applied for a Cap1 account. I had an old Orchard Bank CC that became Cap1 with their purchase of the HSBC CC portfolio.

If you read the thread I linked, you will get a variety of experiences. Cap1 is one of the most lenient and forgiving issuers out there.

What other secured options have you tried?

SDFCU has a good secured card and there's no credit check. Easy to get into and would be another positive TL for you.

The last post in this topic was posted 2935 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.