DCU Fico

WriteDrunk

The last post in this topic was posted 3350 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• 3 months later...

What is the waiting time for this? I opened my account with DCU back in 9/21/2014. It's been 3 months already and I haven't received the invite on my Inbox. I haven't used the account at all, apart from the initial deposit and some small trial deposits. When I called about the FICO back in November, the CSR said I should be getting an invite by Christmas time in December.

My question is: Did you guys also had to wait 3 months to get the FICO score?!

fI assume you have the checking account? If I remember correctly, I believe I just signed up for it. While signed into my account, I just searched through the topics menu that listed products or account management. Somewhere was the icon for the FICO score. Once I clicked on it the message came back and asked if i wanted to sign up for it...

fI assume you have the checking account? If I remember correctly, I believe I just signed up for it. While signed into my account, I just searched through the topics menu that listed products or account management. Somewhere was the icon for the FICO score. Once I clicked on it the message came back and asked if i wanted to sign up for it...

Thanks. After hitting Account Manager, I saw the link to sign up for it! If I kept waiting for the invite I would have gotten old :) If I recall, you get the FICO score the last Friday of the month, so tomorrow should be it, right?

You have to call or email them and opt in.

They don't just send it to you.

Shifter,

When I called back in November, the CSR said that she couldn't sign me up. That I had to wait for the invite in the Inbox. She said that it was going to arrive around Christmas time. Since today was the day, I decide to ask here to make sure that information was correct. Maybe I would have got the invite on the Inbox later today. But what TrevorHere said worked for me. I wonder if it would have worked a month ago?!

last friday of the month is tomorrow I believe... DCU is 04 Fico I believe, it is much higher than my MyFico 08...

I'd have to rummage around their site on my account page but, THERE is a tab to "opt-in" or sign up if you have ANY type of account. NEVER heard of this "invitation only".

If you sign up today, 12/25, might not get the first score until January

last friday of the month is tomorrow I believe... DCU is 04 Fico I believe, it is much higher than my MyFico 08...

I'd have to rummage around their site on my account page but, THERE is a tab to "opt-in" or sign up if you have ANY type of account. NEVER heard of this "invitation only".

The rep. said that I had to be with DCU for 90 days before getting the "Invite". According to the CSR, all members get the free FICO, but only after a waiting time. Clearly, since I clicked around yesterday (past the 90 days member time), and I found a link to Opt In, I can't say if the link was there from Day 1 of membership, or if it was there from Day 90 forward.

The only way to know for sure is for someone else to open a new checking account, and see if they can find the link in the Account Manager, as I did. If they can't find this link prior to being a member for 90 days, then the CSR was right. If they can find the link prior to 90 days, then the CSR was wrong.

Edited by andres17

The rep. said that I had to be with DCU for 90 days before getting the "Invite". According to the CSR, all members get the free FICO, but only after a waiting time. Clearly, since I clicked around yesterday (past the 90 days member time), and I found a link to Opt In, I can't say if the link was there from Day 1 of membership, or if it was there from Day 90 forward.

The only way to know for sure is for someone else to open a new checking account, and see if they can find the link in the Account Manager, as I did. If they can't find this link prior to being a member for 90 days, then the CSR was right. If they can find the link prior to 90 days, then the CSR was wrong.

Either things have changed since I joined or that rep is full of it.

I received a score the day I joined and a week or so later on the regular schedule.

It seems like the rep. was just full of it. I wasn't able to get the FICO this month, but from an unrelated issue. This is the email I got:

"Thank you for your interest in DCU's Free FICO® Credit Score. Unfortunately, Equifax was unable to verify the required information necessary to provide a credit score for you.

There are a few reasons this may have happened. The first thing to do is to verify that your personal information (name and address) are listed correctly in Online Banking. Has that information recently changed? Another reason is that you have not had a loan that has been reported to the credit bureau for at least six months.

If neither of these scenarios applies to you or you feel you've received this message in error, please contact us at 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797."
I suspect the reason I wasn't verified by Equifax is that the address on my DCU doesn't match my latest address on Equifax (it matches a previous address on the Equifax report). I have 2 addresses, one in continental US, and another one in PR. And I use them both. For DCU, I chose the US continental one. For some reason, Equifax chose my PR address as the "latest" address, something that I don't mind considering that in PR you get unlimited credit reports all year long. I guess Equifax just checks the latest address on their file against my bank address, not against all of my addresses on the credit report. So what I did is update my DCU profile address to match what Equifax has as the latest address, the PR address. Will that be enough to get the FICO next month? I don't want to call DCU because they might not like that my address is in PR now.
Edited by andres17

The last post in this topic was posted 3350 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.