Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Just wanted to say thanks

The last post in this topic was posted 1946 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just wanted to say thanks to CB and all the knowledge accumulated here. I started reading this board almost 3 years ago with sub 600 FICOs, horrible financial planning and pretty much a general cluster &%$($. In the last year I have been approved and received prime credit cards such as AMEX, Barclay, CSP, Freedom, Citi Preferred Diamond and topped it all off yesterday with the purchase of my first brand new car (2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo) @ a 4.59 APR through Chase.

Thanks again.

If your scores are above 679 on Equifax try DCU they offer great rates, I got my car refinanced at 1.24%

Check them out.

That's exactly where I was going with it. :D

Just want to post an update:

As of this month, I have clean reports across the board - preapproved for a mortgage (home shopping as I type this) and even getting refi offers down to the low 2%s on my car loan (won't do anything until after buying the house).

FICO 08 Scores as of June 12th

EX - 764

TU - 746

EQ - 740

Just want to express my continuing gratitude for everyone on the boards.

As of this month, I have clean reports across the board - preapproved for a mortgage (home shopping as I type this) and even getting refi offers down to the low 2%s on my car loan (won't do anything until after buying the house).

EX - 764

TU - 746

EQ - 740

Great update, thanks for sharing your continued success.

EX - 764

TU - 746

EQ - 740

Very nice. :D

And to bring this all full circle...

Got the clear to close yesterday, I'm closing on my first home purchase on Monday. :yahoo:

Three years ago I had scores in the 500s, fiscally unsound and no clear strategy to fix any of it. But thanks to CB and changing my mentality on my finances, I am so grateful to where I've came from to where I am now. I know after the house closes I'll be racking up a few inquiries for some new credit (Lowe's) and refi on my car to a lower interest rate, otherwise, I am in garden mode for a very long time.

Got the clear to close yesterday, I'm closing on my first home purchase on Monday. :yahoo:

Three years ago I had scores in the 500s, fiscally unsound and no clear strategy to fix any of it. But thanks to CB and changing my mentality on my finances, I am so grateful to where I've came from to where I am now. I know after the house closes I'll be racking up a few inquiries for some new credit (Lowe's) and refi on my car to a lower interest rate, otherwise, I am in garden mode for a very long time.

If you are going to refi car you should do that before credit card apps. Do your research on rates and approvals before you app for the refi.

:yahoo:

If you are going to refi car you should do that before credit card apps. Do your research on rates and approvals before you app for the refi.

He's right.

You should definitely refinance your car before you apply for credit cards.

He's right.

Thanks all for the advice. I just refinanced with Chase (original loan was at Chase as well) lowered my rate from 4.59% to 2.42%!

I also went to Lowe's to buy the stove I needed and went with a Lowe's CC. Initial approval $6,000 called the UW and was bumped to $25K without issue.

Thanks again CB folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's right.

Thanks all for the advice. I just refinanced with Chase (original loan was at Chase as well) lowered my rate from 4.59% to 2.42%!

I also went to Lowe's to buy the stove I needed and went with a Lowe's CC. Initial approval $6,000 called the UW and was bumped to $25K without issue.

Thanks again CB folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news! Congratulations on both the refinance, the new card, and the CLI. :D

There are times Tileguy and I know what we're talking about ;)

The last post in this topic was posted 1946 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.