What is Alliant CU known to be good for?

Instant availability on remote capture check deposits.

Good to know.
I think you need to be a member for 6 months or longer.

The USAA limit is $10k per day, but when I have to do more than that I go to Alliant's app. They've given instant availability on $17k before.

The daily deposit limit is $20k (e-deposit and/or ATM deposit), but the amount that they will provide instant availability on varies. I assume it is based on history, amount of money on deposit, etc. Mine is something like $7.5k instant, $2.5k more after 2 days, balance after 10 days. They do pay interest on the full amount the entire time though.

Transfer hub. Very fast and free.

Be aware though, they recently set a $25k daily limit on outgoing transfers.

Still a good amount clutch.

I noticed they don't throttle inward transfers, however. the 25k limit can be a bummer but there are ways around it.

I have no need for transferring anything, so all Alliant was/is to me was one of my first credit cards after I got clean reports. Years ago, I CLI'd to 10k, and it's never moved since. I don't even ask them any more, I just throw a pack of gum on it once a year.

Edited by brainchasm

I have no need for transferring anything, so all Alliant was/is to me was one of my first credit cards after I got clean reports. Years ago, I CLI'd to 10k, and it's never moved since. I don't even ask them any more, I just throw a pack of gum on it once a year.

what kind of gum?

what kind of gum?

Extra peppermint.

Nice. I went with juicy fruit last year.

what kind of gum?

Extra peppermint.

Nice. I went with juicy fruit last year.

Juicy Fruit seems to wear out so fast these days. :(

• 2 years later...

They now have a couple decent credit cards as well. The Platinum Rewards offers 2% that can be redeemed for a statement credit or deposited into an Alliant account. The Visa Signature card offers 3% cash back the first year then 2.5% after but comes with a $59 annual fee (waived the first year). It would take $11,800 in spending at 2.5% to cover the annual fee compared to a 2% card.

They now have a couple decent credit cards as well. The Platinum Rewards offers 2% that can be redeemed for a statement credit or deposited into an Alliant account. The Visa Signature card offers 3% cash back the first year then 2.5% after but comes with a $59 annual fee (waived the first year). It would take $11,800 in spending at 2.5% to cover the annual fee compared to a 2% card.

They had a bonus last month that I went ahead and took...basically $200 back for a small spend ($3K) in the first 90 days after the account was opened. It won't get much use after that since, as noted, the card is pretty bland.

My wife got a car loan from them with a pretty good APR.

Same. DW used them some time ago for a two year note with one of the best rates we could find at the time.

I miss the days of 6% interest on their checking accounts....I mean I can do without that whole impending recession part, but otherwise those days were great.

• 3 years later...

Personally, I know them for wanting to do a hard pull for pretty much everything and using Vantage scores, which do not like my credit seeking habits. LOL I want a CLI or a  new Visa Signature from them soon, so I'm gonna have to practice AZEO and dispute all my other inquiries away on TU! Also, they raised the cash back redemption on my card to a $50 minimum, which is pretty annoying, but easy to hit when I use this card for Costco.