Squish's credit repair journey with charge offs/collections/lates

squisharella

The last post in this topic was posted 2915 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey Everyone,

Like a lot of people I have seen on Credit Boards, i am making my own thread to document my own journey, and hopefully receive some excellent advice from all these fine people on the board. I have made multiple threads, mostly in the Canadian section, in regards to questions that pop up, but i will try to ask them here, and hopefully someone will be kind enough to reply. (there is absolutely no action in the Canadian section!)

So I began my journey to repair my HORRENDOUS credit at the beginning of july by ordering hard copies of my report. (Canada only has TU and EQ). My starting score was 483. (I KNOW :blush: ).

On Equifax I have the Following:

2 Charge off CC's combined worth less than $2k, (OC only reporting, but 3rd party CA trying to collect.)

1 Collection $3,723.00 (Negotiated PFD, paid but Equifax being very sticky about removing it after 3 contacts from myself and CA)

Numerous 60,90 day lates on Student Loan

On Transunion I have the Following:

2 Charge Off CC's (Same as Equifax reporting)

1 Collection $231 (Not mine, have disputed Aug 7,2014)

Numerous 60,90 Day lates on Student Loan

• For the last 2 months I have been removing all old addresses associated with the CO's (One is still in investigation by TU). I Have also been trying to get my Alias removed on both files since i legally changed the spelling of my first name. I was hoping this would help my quest in disputing the CO's when i get to them soon.
  • I have paid one collection and am fighting to actually get it removed, after multiple attempts by the CA and myself, EQ keeps claiming they have not recieved anything.
  • I have signed up for credit monitoring and have also been approved for a secured card which i will put a $500 deposit with People's Trust.
  • I have been added as an AU to my SO's CAP1 credit card, but in Canada its much harder for them to report (but im crossing my fingers they will. Cap1 says they give the info to the bureaus and it's up to them to report it or not?)
  • I am in the process of Rehabing my student loan.

Right now i have to be patient and wait for investigations to close and things to be removed, but it is SO HARD. Could I be doing something else in the mean time?

I never get any replies lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who let you out of the Canadian forum? :)

I don't see much else to do but be patient. Which is the hardest part

. Hey! It's not fair! You with your way better credit card bonus offers and your more populated threads! I can be an 'murican I swears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got a PFD collection removed from EQ today after a month of faxes, 5 phone calls and numerous different conflcting information by EQ. Score went up 40 pts! I can't be the only one that can't wipe the smile off my face when i get something removed! :grin:

I got PFDs but over the phone only. Never by paper. Your chances are much higher if you get them in writing. Good job. I'll keep checking your thread Edited by fleece954

I finally got a PFD collection removed from EQ today after a month of faxes, 5 phone calls and numerous different conflcting information by EQ. Score went up 40 pts! I can't be the only one that can't wipe the smile off my face when i get something removed! :grin:

I got PFDs but over the phone only. Never by paper. Your chances are much higher if you get them in writing. Good job. I'll keep checking your thread

Fleece,

I'm sorry i wasn't more clear. I mean't calls to EQ! I did have the PFD in writing and even a secondary letter from them stating it was made 'in error' which i used multiple times to fax myself when they were 'not recieving anything'. I thankfully started reading CB before i negotiated this. Also thank you very much!

I got PFDs but over the phone only. Never by paper. Your chances are much higher if you get them in writing. Good job. I'll keep checking your thread

Fleece,

I'm sorry i wasn't more clear. I mean't calls to EQ! I did have the PFD in writing and even a secondary letter from them stating it was made 'in error' which i used multiple times to fax myself when they were 'not recieving anything'. I thankfully started reading CB before i negotiated this. Also thank you very much!

I'm a newbie and I'm just trying to put a few cents here and there and hopefully I can learn if I say something incorrect. Cleaning out my credit report now as well. So of course I need all the help I can find. Good job so far. Learning from you as well

Well, I got the former spelling of my first name successfully disputed off Equifax file (still in process with Transunion). All old addresses gone. What kind of success would I have blanket disuputing both remaining baddies of 2 charge off's as 'not mine'. Should I do one at a time, should I use a better strategy? Getting a little bit eager, but do not want to dispute as not mine, if it ruins my chances of disputing another way, if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

SO ANNOYED WITH TRANSUNION.

I disputed a collection with NCO AUGUST 7th 2014 that i legitimately have no recollection of for $291. I asked TU to verify it. They told me no problem 30 days. I called back after 30 days. The guy said it would take up to 45 days and to be patient and that it was still being investigated. I have been patiently waiting. It has now been over 47 days. I called in and was told that there was NO RECORD OF MY DISPUTE and that I would have to start again and it would take up to 30 days. The man was pretty rude and would not accelerate anything and sat in silence and ignored me when i wondered if it had been deleted, because another agent confirmed the dispute back at the beginning of September. I just feel like I am not getting anywhere and it is really frustrating! Anyone know what I can do with TU besides harassing them everyday

The last post in this topic was posted 2915 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.