Sign in to follow this  
squisharella

Does anyone know of any Canadian credit cards that report AU's?

Hey everyone!

There doesn't seem to be too much discussion in the Canadian section :sorry: but I was hoping some of you might have the answer to Authorized Users in Canada and if they report. Someone told me on Reddit that they think no credit cards in Canada report, but they aren't sure. Can someone comment on experience if they have, or list the ones that for sure do not?

Capital One Canada states in its FAQ section that they do NOT report, which is a bummer to me. The US partners do.

Update: I spoke to a Capital One Live chatter who just told me:

"We report the account data to the credit bureaus, and they decide how to use it. Each bureau may use the information differently."

Does anyone know how Equifax/Transunion Canada reports AU's then?

No, authorized users do not benefit from the account, as it is only reported to the credit bureaus under the names of the applicant and co-applicant.Very few issuers even do the co-applicant thing anymore from what I've noticed.

Don't listen to anything Capital One says about credit reporting. That company barely has knowledge of their own business practices, let alone the credit bureaus.

No, authorized users do not benefit from the account, as it is only reported to the credit bureaus under the names of the applicant and co-applicant.Very few issuers even do the co-applicant thing anymore from what I've noticed.

Don't listen to anything Capital One says about credit reporting. That company barely has knowledge of their own business practices, let alone the credit bureaus.

Well that's disappointing! Wish we had the same AU privileges here. Sigh. Guess I have to do this with no help but Credit Boards :wave: