Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

New Citi card might be of interest to some.

The last post in this topic was posted 2213 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I just can't see myself going for this card. I have many reasons I really don't like Citi, and this is worse than my Fidelity Amex which gives me the 2% right away. Why does Citi suck:

- As mentioned before, having to have 2 sign ons, one for Hilton card and one for AA card.

- Terrible web interface

- Have to beg and plead for reallocation

- Poor customer service

- Every time I ask for something it is a "no".

I'm basically just doing it for insurance. If Fidelity Amex goes away someday, it will be nice to have a backup.

You already have 2% Fidelity Amex? :wacko:

I wouldn't count on Citi as a backup...

I should have clarified, lol. I agree, I probably would not have applied for it outright, but PCing from their other crap cards seemed like a no-brainer.

Yea I only have 2 co-branded cards which i keep for their various perks. They only see usage at their respective co-brands (AA/Hilton).

I just can't see myself going for this card. I have many reasons I really don't like Citi, and this is worse than my Fidelity Amex which gives me the 2% right away. Why does Citi suck:

- As mentioned before, having to have 2 sign ons, one for Hilton card and one for AA card.

- Terrible web interface

- Poor customer service

I'm basically just doing it for insurance. If Fidelity Amex goes away someday, it will be nice to have a backup.

Well should Fidelity go away, then I can consider this...although at that point I may just switch to my Mileage Club Visa and get 1.5 miles/$...which is probably better than 2% cash from an equivalent $ standpoint.

Heck yeah they are, especially when redeemed for international awards! :dance:

- Terrible web interface

- Poor customer service

That dual login is purple. I couldn't believe that when I got the hilton.

- Terrible web interface

- Poor customer service

You already have 2% Fidelity Amex? :wacko:

I wouldn't count on Citi as a backup...

I should have clarified, lol. I agree, I probably would not have applied for it outright, but PCing from their other crap cards seemed like a no-brainer.

Thanks for clarifying! :good:

Those who have done a PC when you did the PC did you get the terms of the Double Cash offer?, i.e 15 mos No Interest and did you keep the Interest rate of your existing card or did they issue a New Rate.

Thanks I am thinking about PC my existing Thank You Card

Those who have done a PC when you did the PC did you get the terms of the Double Cash offer?, i.e 15 mos No Interest and did you keep the Interest rate of your existing card or did they issue a New Rate.

PCs are generally ineligible for the new app promo BT or purchase rate.

they read the terms to me but I wasn't paying attention. Didn't care.

I called them to change Cash Returns WMC to Double Cash card yesterday. It only took 10 mins. It was simple. She told me it will be Mastercard. She could not tell me it will be WMC or Platinum. TGe card number will be changed. The terms of the card remains the same The APR is 11.99% I will received the card within 7-10 days. I can change back to Cash Returns MC if I change my mind before Nov. 28. I logged into my account after I hung up the phone. The new account already showed up on the lineup. It said the total credit limit instead of the total revolving limit. I think it will be regular Platinum MC. It didn't see it is Visa/MC on the account summary page. By the way, they will sent me the confirmation letter to confirm the product change.

Ron.

I've just PC from Citi AAdvantage WMC to the DoubleCash card. One easy phone call.

TU.jpg

Look at the size of that thing. :rofl:

He's seeing someone to try to get some more girth.

Tried to move some of my limit over from my AAdvantage to the DC and they said no, not possible with the AAdvantage. Called the back door as well. Same answer.

I'll wait until my AAdvantage PCs to the Dividend and try again.

I've just PC from Citi AAdvantage WMC to the DoubleCash card. One easy phone call.

TU.jpg

I think he needs a grafting artist.

TU.jpg

mushroom cap is good enough.

I really can't wait until they start converting the Forward cards to the TYP because maybe that way, I'll actually be eligible for a PC to the DC after that.

:stop: All of us who are still grandfathered in with 5% will be seriously bummed.

I really can't wait until they start converting the Forward cards to the TYP because maybe that way, I'll actually be eligible for a PC to the DC after that.

:stop: All of us who are still grandfathered in with 5% will be seriously bummed.

Unfortunately, I have the version of the Forward card without that 5% and it's the college version so it kinda sucks besides having that APR reduction stuff on it. Was recently able to get a big APR reduction through the EO.

Oh, I want this! Problem is, I also want the Fidelity Amex, and am leaning towards that as it can be used at Costco.

Yes, I realize I could get both. The double hit to my AAOA won't be that fun though.

If this had a signup bonus I would be all over it now, instead of waiting for my Arrival to get downgraded.

Oh, I want this! Problem is, I also want the Fidelity Amex, and am leaning towards that as it can be used at Costco. Yes, I realize I could get both. The double hit to my AAOA won't be that fun though. If this had a signup bonus I would be all over it now, instead of waiting for my Arrival to get downgraded.

Just get the Fidelity Amex and call it good! :good:

Oh, I want this! Problem is, I also want the Fidelity Amex, and am leaning towards that as it can be used at Costco. Yes, I realize I could get both. The double hit to my AAOA won't be that fun though. If this had a signup bonus I would be all over it now, instead of waiting for my Arrival to get downgraded.

Just get the Fidelity Amex and call it good! :good:

Yeah, 12 pages on a 1% + 1% = 2% card is a little nuts. :D We already had a solution for this.

The last post in this topic was posted 2213 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.