Paying it Forward

The last post in this topic was posted 2649 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I told my mother for a while I would help her get her credit reports straightened out, but took the time today to help her. Didn't make it far, but today alone had some successes!

Disputed EX which had addresses going back 20 years, unknown numbers and a few thinks from her husbands report. Something's were able to dispute online, the names (about 15 variations) said call in. Called in and they took her husbands TLs off her report (utility collection and tax lien), took his name off her report, addresses and different name variations.

It's only a start, but progress has been made!

Thankful what I learned on CB I had to Pay It Forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told my mother for a while I would help her get her credit reports straightened out, but took the time today to help her. Didn't make it far, but today alone had some successes!

Disputed EX which had addresses going back 20 years, unknown numbers and a few thinks from her husbands report. Something's were able to dispute online, the names (about 15 variations) said call in. Called in and they took her husbands TLs off her report (utility collection and tax lien), took his name off her report, addresses and different name variations.

It's great that you're helping.

Awesome! I wish my folks would let me help them out. They went through a rough patch and their credit scores are pretty darn low. I told them I would help them, but they refused. Said they don't need to worry about it because they don't ever plan on getting another loan. :dntknw:

Congrats on the success so far!

Navy approved her for $12k at a rate of prime plus 12.4 for Signature cashRewards. Not sure of her score but I know it's less than 700. Her goal is to buy a rental property next year, and I'm trying to help her reach it!

I wish my mother had the common sense to agree to something like this.

She's so far in debt and won't file BK for some reason. But its really her only option to start

the clock over.

We're talking 6 figure debt, not small hens here. If she'd just cut the cord on the mess, she could

start to rebuild the next day, but she won't listen to reason.

You are a good son. It's great that you are there to put your knowledge to work for your Mom.

The last post in this topic was posted 2649 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.