Best bank/credit union for MORTGAGE APP..

The last post in this topic was posted 2533 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Just my personal experience BUT I will only use the mortgage broker from the real estate agent that is handling my house buying.

You need all the clout you can get, and there is nothing better than a long term relationship of an agent and a mortgage person. Look for an agent that has closed a good number of sales during the last year, and ask for their mortgage broker.

Use a mortgage broker, I am a real estate investor, I only deal with a mortgage broker (obviously I have my own who specialies in working with investors, but find one someone you know has used).

A broker has the ability to work with different lenders and will be more open with you than someone working for a specific band/cu,,now I will warn you, no matter who you use, it can be a big hassle, but that's part of life, there are so many government regulations with mortgages today (no matter who you use), that it will wear you out.

Just my personal experience BUT I will only use the mortgage broker from the real estate agent that is handling my house buying.

You need all the clout you can get, and there is nothing better than a long term relationship of an agent and a mortgage person.

That's a tip that a friend of mine who has bought several homes in the past couple of years also said.

We are in TX and she said the last lender she used was some guy in WA because that's who their real estate person suggested.

Use a mortgage broker, I am a real estate investor, I only deal with a mortgage broker (obviously I have my own who specialies in working with investors, but find one someone you know has used).

A broker has the ability to work with different lenders and will be more open with you than someone working for a specific band/cu,,now I will warn you, no matter who you use, it can be a big hassle, but that's part of life, there are so many government regulations with mortgages today (no matter who you use), that it will wear you out.

The mortgage we just did on our second home was the easiest one I've ever done.

A year ago I helped my parents with their mortgage using their builder's captive lender, and it was the biggest nightmare ever. We had to use this particular lender, or forego tens of thousands of dollars in options incentives.

Execution still matters, and that varies widely by originator.

Edited by cv91915

The last post in this topic was posted 2533 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.