Really stressed and need advice for report Clean up

squisharella

The last post in this topic was posted 3049 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi all!

As someone who has recently found creditboards and has started my repair journey, i am in need of some guidance because i'm feeling really lost. I posted a topic in the Canadian finance section as I am from Ontario, and it has gotten no replies :(

I have 2 credit card charge off's. Charge off 1 DOLA is 06/26/09. Charge off 2 is 09/23/10. In Canada I believe accounts fall off in 6 years from these dates. My idea is to report as obsolete early 2015 for charge off 1, but i need advice for charge off 2. I, like most people have started this journey to get approved for certain things coming up in life and having these removed from both reports would be such a weight lifted off of me. For charge off 2 i have requested DV and was given 2 statements and my signature on original visa agreement. Is there another strategy i can use next? Is it too late for 1-2 punch or something else im not aware of?

Sucesses so far.

1 PFD on a collection

1 old address removed on EQ & TU

Some personal things that might aid in my strategies..i have legally changed the spelling of my first name. Both accounts were opened with old first name spelling, and charge off 1 address associated with it has been removed from reports. Should i remove the address associated with charge off 2? Also, these charge offs are both around $1000, and have been assigned i believe as the OC is still the only TL for both accounts.

Please help me! I have absorbed so much info on this site, and just don't know what i should be doing first anymore.

If you have a different spelling of the name as well as no associated address, you may be able dispute as not yours although I am sure that your other identifiers such as what is a social security number here is what matters. two statements are generally not sufficient VofD here- ask for all statements. just don't say send me my statements. make sure the address is different on your request letter and your name change and say that you do not recognize these accounts or charges. Ask for a full set of statements and payments...just don't let it get to a collector/JDB because then you will never get the OC's off.

would you pay for a delete or "pays as agreed"//who are teh OC's?

Thank you so much for replying. See i'm not sure if i should go that route with disputing it as not mine as they do have my SIN (SSN in USA) and this account will age off in less than a year, but if it could come off, faster that would be better. That charge off 1 is with Capital ONE as OC and is still the only person listed on my CR. Charge off 2 is with RBC visa. I have read on Canadian credit that Canadian big banks such as RBC do not bother with PFD especially with accounts less than $1000. This is why i feel like a dispute strategy is probably my best bet with this, but I'm not sure which would work, and i don't want to screw it up. I might do what you say and try to dispute the VofD, but with the one i got statements back on (charge off 2) Is the one i have an address associated with. The oldest one i do not.

I hope you get the help you are looking for here. I think many of us don't know the laws in Canada and are afraid to give out advice. You may get more responses here, but the responses you get in the Canadian forum will probably be more valuable.

+1

Definitely wait for a response from the canadian side of things...

I'm sure Every Province has their own set of laws that may be to your advantage.

Hi Mendelssohn,

I appreciate any advice at this point, some might apply to Canadian debt and some might not, but it's still worth considering, because I do not know as much as a lot of people on here about credit repair, and so even advice on what not to waste my time with, would be beneficial. What troubles me is on my CR's, it looks like this:

CAPITAL ONE BANK Phone Number: (800)728-xxxx High Credit/Credit Limit: $300.00 Account Number: XXX...xxx Payment Amount: Not Available Association to Account: Individual Balance: $1,328.00 Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: Not Available Date Opened: 2008-11 Date of Last Activity: 2009-06 Status: Bad debt, collection account or unable to locate Date Reported: 2014-07 Months Reviewed: Payment History: No payment 30 days late
No payment 60 days late
No payment 90 days late Prior Paying History: At least 120 days past due ( 2009-11 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2009-10 ) Three or more payments past due ( 2009-09 ) Comments: Written-off
Closed by credit grantor

ROYAL BANK VISA Phone Number: Not Available High Credit/Credit Limit: $1,000.00 Account Number: XXX...xxx Payment Amount: Not Available Association to Account: Individual Balance: $775.00 Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: $775.00 Date Opened: 2007-01 Date of Last Activity: 2010-09 Status: Bad debt, collection account or unable to locate Date Reported: 2014-07 Months Reviewed: Payment History: No payment 30 days late
No payment 60 days late
No payment 90 days late Prior Paying History: At least 120 days past due ( 2011-10 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2011-09 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2011-05 ) Comments: Written-off
Closed by credit grantor

They have not been sold, but merely assigned and I believe to the same CA. So when I dispute with the CA, is it futile? I would need the OC to remove this information. Maybe I should work with the credit reporting agencies instead, but if anyone has any advice on removing OC charge off or the best way to approach the CA to get it removed i would still like to hear their take on it!

What would any of you do if this was in the states? i know most of the differences and there's not too many, so anything could be helpful!

Typical advice to begin is to get hard copies of your reports and to remove old addresses and any unnecessary personal information.

What is the SOL for collections?

Edited by mendelssohn

What would any of you do if this was in the states? i know most of the differences and there's not too many, so anything could be helpful!

Typical advice to begin is to get hard copies of your reports and to remove old addresses and any unnecessary personal information.

What is the SOL for collections?

I have gotten hard copies and have removed 1 old address associated with charge off 1 (cap 1 set to fall off next year). I haven't removed the other old address because i lived there 20 years of my life and thought it might be harder/might alert them to what im doing.

The SOL is 2 years for credit card debt.

Delete all your old addresses. Doesn't matter if you've been there for a long time.

Send the lenders a PFD letter. If that doesn't work, dispute with CRA as incorrect information or not mine. Some have resorted to disputing over the holiday season when the CRA are short-staffed.

Delete all your old addresses. Doesn't matter if you've been there for a long time.

Send the lenders a PFD letter. If that doesn't work, dispute with CRA as incorrect information or not mine. Some have resorted to disputing over the holiday season when the CRA are short-staffed.

I have put in the requst to delete the other old addresses, and that is interesting about the holiday short staffed strategy. Wouldn't have thought of that.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a bit of a late reply, but a PFD MAY work in your case just because how old the accounts are, and they're beyond SOL (2 Years in Ontario)

I would of thought so too, but i've read a lot of negative things about attempting a PFD with Cap1 which is one of my CO's. Apparently they never ever do it.

I'd dispute it first and see if it remains, if it does remain, offer a PFD. One thing to be careful is lots of collection agencies try to add the collection and once you dispute it and get it removed they'll re-add or the OC will give it to another agency and they'll report again. Ontario does have a "consumer protection" law but good luck trying to get the government to enforce it. And consumers can't enforce it.

I'd dispute it first and see if it remains, if it does remain, offer a PFD. One thing to be careful is lots of collection agencies try to add the collection and once you dispute it and get it removed they'll re-add or the OC will give it to another agency and they'll report again. Ontario does have a "consumer protection" law but good luck trying to get the government to enforce it. And consumers can't enforce it.

I'm worried that will happen warrior. So far nothing's been sold. I suppose I'll have to cross that horrible bridge if I get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said they can try to sell it. But if it does show up as a collection you send them a letter saying "I dispute, if you believe I owe this money you are hereby instructed to take legal action".

Two year statute will keep anything out of court, and at that point if it goes on the Bureau you have a copy of your Dispute letter that you sent them Registered Mail (since Canada has no domestic CMRRR)

The last post in this topic was posted 3049 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.