Discover is the worst.

almostanonymous

The last post in this topic was posted 2448 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

had to make the monthly call to argue with disgusted this morning in regards to the amazing 1% cash back that posted to my account this morning. the purchase was made a Meijer, a department store to the sum of $600, they refuse to even investigate the cash back not posting...

Isn't Meijer a grocery store? You must have purchased a ton of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter®.

Meijer has always been what wal mart is now.....shy of the crap treatment of employees

W*****t isn't a department store either.

would not matter as the purchase was online....

Gift cards?

only some of it...

What else does Meijer sell online?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to make the monthly call to argue with disgusted this morning in regards to the amazing 1% cash back that posted to my account this morning. the purchase was made a Meijer, a department store to the sum of $600, they refuse to even investigate the cash back not posting...

Isn't Meijer a grocery store? You must have purchased a ton of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter®.

Meijer has always been what wal mart is now.....shy of the crap treatment of employees

Gift cards?

only some of it...

before they began "revamping" the website pretty much everything wal mart would sell. Meijer is a Michigan based company and as a Michigan native I feel a loyalty to them, along with my hatred of my $750 discover card

Gift cards?

only some of it...

before they began "revamping" the website pretty much everything wal mart would sell. Meijer is a Michigan based company and as a Michigan native I feel a loyalty to them, along with my hatred of my $750 discover card

hmm

Gift cards?

only some of it...

hmm

:wave: these quotes needed a smiley face damnit

• 2 months later...

I had a $1500 CL. I use the card to 20-25% and pay it to zero. Last month I made a business purchase that brought the card to about 90%. I paid in full 11 days later. a few days ago they dropped my CL to $670, I called to ask why and they had no answer. The next day i got an increase to a total CL of $1000. I have never been later, over limit or anything. I dont get em. All 3 reports are clean.

Edited by JUPITER2928

I had a $1500 CL. I use the card to 20-25% and pay it to zero. Last month I made a business purchase that brought the card to about 90%. I paid in full 11 days later. a few days ago they dropped my CL to $670, I called to ask why and they had no answer. The next day i got an increase to a total CL of $1000. I have never been later, over limit or anything. I dont get em. All 3 reports are clean.

Discovery sucks balls.

So far so good for this new Discover card holder. I've gotten a TON of cash back, and it's all been right on the money in terms of accuracy. They even increased my credit limit without me asking within the first three months of having the card with "further review for limits coming in the next few months" though I think that might have been thanks to my Amex 3x cli action.

So far so good for this new Discover card holder. I've gotten a TON of cash back, and it's all been right on the money in terms of accuracy. They even increased my credit limit without me asking within the first three months of having the card with "further review for limits coming in the next few months" though I think that might have been thanks to my Amex 3x cli action.

if they are being nice to you now, there exist only one way to go!

Disco is awesome if you rent cars. I turn in $20 worth of cash back and get $40 value for Alamo, Enterprise, and National. When we last went to Vegas a 4 day car rental was about $40 out of pocket. We are going to KC soon and that will run about $30 out of pocket.

Discovery sucks balls.

So....

Tell us how you really feel :grin:

Disco is awesome if you rent cars. I turn in $20 worth of cash back and get $40 value for Alamo, Enterprise, and National. When we last went to Vegas a 4 day car rental was about $40 out of pocket. We are going to KC soon and that will run about $30 out of pocket.

I rent cars all the time, but I have to use Hertz or Avis, and I can only book through our corporate travel agent's web site, which only accepts credit cards.

Last time I actually used my Discovery I was at about an 80% screw-over rate on rewards posting properly, so in order to actually receive $20 in cash back I'd have to "earn" 5x that, which would make that $20 savings at Alamo cost $100 in the real world.

F*** 'em.

Something has changed in the way Disco calculates the cash back. For the firs time, all my Jan purchases (all Gas) got 5% credited and this is the first. I am speechless to say the least.

Way to hang in there!

I gotta say... Other than NFCU, discover has been my favorite creditor to date. I don't have any prime cards from Amex, citi, chase, etc yet, but AT this time I don't foresee closing Discover when I do. I have called in twice and gotten EXACTLY what I hoped for within 39 seconds both times (even though all other creditors said no. I also have not had any 5% transaction problems. They gave me a shot when others wouldnt, have increased my CL 250% already, and I drive a TON for work so the gas 5% has been awesome. I hope I continue to have all good things to say about them :D

I have called in twice and gotten EXACTLY what I hoped for within 39 seconds both times (even though all other creditors said no).

What did you hope for?

A free FICO and a card with the numbers on the back of it cause everyone gets that.

I gotta say... Other than NFCU, discover has been my favorite creditor to date. I don't have any prime cards from Amex, citi, chase, etc yet, but AT this time I don't foresee closing Discover when I do. I have called in twice and gotten EXACTLY what I hoped for within 39 seconds both times (even though all other creditors said no. I also have not had any 5% transaction problems. They gave me a shot when others wouldnt, have increased my CL 250% already, and I drive a TON for work so the gas 5% has been awesome. I hope I continue to have all good things to say about them :D

2.5x 500=1250

when you get your first prime card you will realize what a disappointment they really are

I asked them to report mid-cycle that I had PIF this last time. All 3 CRAs had updated within 48 hours. I realize they are not Amex, but their service has been great for me. As far as the juggalo's comment, I got Discover while building. I never expected them to be a prime card. Expectations were equal to cap1, but Discover has far surpassed them so far. ;)

Holy crap.

I just requested a CLI for laughs and expected a decline (as always), however they came back with ...

Drumroll Please ...

$500!

They were even kind enough to allow me to select less if I wanted.

Select less! Ha that is very kind indeed. You should have asked them for $5

Holy crap.

I just requested a CLI for laughs and expected a decline (as always), however they came back with ...

Drumroll Please ...

$500!

$4.99...

imagine the line reporting $504.99

Holy crap.

Drumroll Please ...

$500!

$4.99...

imagine the line reporting $504.99

That extra couple bucks goes a long way when you're looking at a dollar menu.

The last post in this topic was posted 2448 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.