Sign in to follow this  
squisharella

Is there an expert in Canadian Credit Repair that Can help my situation with Charge off's?

Hello Credit boards, i have started my credit repair journey a couple months ago because i have a credit score of 489 :( and have read the psychdoc's document for beginners, numerous boards on here and reddit and have even sent some letters off. However, between reading American advice and trying to apply it to my own situation, i am getting lost in deciding what to do about a few very sore spots on my reports that are holding me back immensly. I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have two R9 charged off credit cards on my CR's with EX and TU. They are fairly old and there has only been one TL for each, so that means the OC hasn't sold it, but assigned it correct? Below i will post the information including DOLA because i know that's important.

CAPITAL ONE BANK Phone Number: (800)728-3277 High Credit/Credit Limit: $300.00 Account Number: XXX...xxx Payment Amount: Not Available Association to Account: Individual Balance: $1,328.00 Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: Not Available Date Opened: 2008-11 Date of Last Activity: 2009-06 Status: Bad debt, collection account or unable to locate Date Reported: 2014-07 Months Reviewed: Payment History: No payment 30 days late
No payment 60 days late
No payment 90 days late Prior Paying History: At least 120 days past due ( 2009-11 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2009-10 ) Three or more payments past due ( 2009-09 ) Comments: Written-off
Closed by credit grantor

ROYAL BANK VISA Phone Number: Not Available High Credit/Credit Limit: $1,000.00 Account Number: XXX...xxx Payment Amount: Not Available Association to Account: Individual Balance: $775.00 Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: $775.00 Date Opened: 2007-01 Date of Last Activity: 2010-09 Status: Bad debt, collection account or unable to locate Date Reported: 2014-07 Months Reviewed: Payment History: No payment 30 days late
No payment 60 days late
No payment 90 days late Prior Paying History: At least 120 days past due ( 2011-10 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2011-09 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2011-05 ) Comments: Written-off
Closed by credit grantor

As you can see my older Capital One card will fall off in june 2015, as it is 6 years in Canada correct? I have thought about waiting for it to fall off, but i have also read about requesting early obsolete deletions. My Visa with RBC still has 2 years left.

Here are some details about what i have done and what is on my account as far as names and addresses are concerned, because im hoping maybe i can clean these up on a technicality?

I have got my address deleted that is associated with my Capital One account.

Both Cards were taken out under a first name that i have since changed the spelling of legally, however the CRA, have my alias listed. I can't do anything with that im assuming.

I have sent a DV to the CA who currently has my RBC Visa and they responded with a copy of my signature and a few bill statements. I'm not sure my next move.

I also had a collection account that i have negotiated a PFD which i have read is harder to do in Canada,and that i probably will not find any success even asking the OC's on my charge off's for this.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, i'm not sure what my next move should be? All i want is these things removed from my reports.

You probably want to post this in the main credit forum. You'll get more U.S. based answers, but it's better than none. This forum is quite a lonely place.

You probably want to post this in the main credit forum. You'll get more U.S. based answers, but it's better than none. This forum is quite a lonely place.

I did, and mendelsohn and someone else said that USA based people are too scared to give advice to me and the canadian forum would be more valuable. I agree with you, there isn't too many people speaking up in here. I mentioned that there are differences in both U.S and CAN systems, but advice would still be appreciated.

I'm a U.S. resident and am unsure what you could do to speed up those accounts to drop off.

I was thinking you could try for a RBC Royal Bank secured card, but there's the issue they wrote off your previous account. You don't want to do anything that might extend the time the written off account shows on your credit report. Accidentally resetting the clock would be heartbreaking. It's probably safer to try for a secured card at another bank. Good luck.

Edited by Burgerwars

if you start disputing while these are within the SOL for your province, you may end up being sued.

I've posted the SOL for CC"s / province in the pinned topics in this forum, please read.

that said, have you considered paying these off?

if you start disputing while these are within the SOL for your province, you may end up being sued.

I've posted the SOL for CC"s / province in the pinned topics in this forum, please read.

that said, have you considered paying these off?

They are past SOL. I have considered PFD, but that will be a very long shot.

Hello Credit boards, i have started my credit repair journey a couple months ago because i have a credit score of 489 :( and have read the psychdoc's document for beginners, numerous boards on here and reddit and have even sent some letters off. However, between reading American advice and trying to apply it to my own situation, i am getting lost in deciding what to do about a few very sore spots on my reports that are holding me back immensly. I was wondering if anyone could help?

I have two R9 charged off credit cards on my CR's with EX and TU. They are fairly old and there has only been one TL for each, so that means the OC hasn't sold it, but assigned it correct?

Incorrect. Under "comments" for each trade line you'll see "Written Off"

Once the debt is written off, the bank has claimed it as a loss and no longer has the right to collect that debt.

It has more than likely been sold to a collection agency, and they just haven't yet been able to locate your credit file to plaster the debt all over, perhaps because of your name change?When they do, you can bet anything they will. You contacting them and giving them ANY information about yourself, is only throwing jet fuel on an open fire.

Below i will post the information including DOLA because i know that's important.

CAPITAL ONE BANK Phone Number: (800)728-3277 High Credit/Credit Limit: $300.00 Account Number: XXX...xxx Payment Amount: Not Available Association to Account: Individual Balance: $1,328.00 Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: Not Available Date Opened: 2008-11 Date of Last Activity: 2009-06 Status: Bad debt, collection account or unable to locate Date Reported: 2014-07 Months Reviewed: Payment History: No payment 30 days late

No payment 60 days late

No payment 90 days late Prior Paying History: At least 120 days past due ( 2009-11 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2009-10 ) Three or more payments past due ( 2009-09 ) Comments: Written-off

Closed by credit grantor

ROYAL BANK VISA Phone Number: Not Available High Credit/Credit Limit: $1,000.00 Account Number: XXX...xxx Payment Amount: Not Available Association to Account: Individual Balance: $775.00 Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: $775.00 Date Opened: 2007-01 Date of Last Activity: 2010-09 Status: Bad debt, collection account or unable to locate Date Reported: 2014-07 Months Reviewed: Payment History: No payment 30 days late

No payment 60 days late

No payment 90 days late Prior Paying History: At least 120 days past due ( 2011-10 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2011-09 ) At least 120 days past due ( 2011-05 ) Comments: Written-off

Closed by credit grantor

As you can see my older Capital One card will fall off in june 2015, as it is 6 years in Canada correct?

Correct

I have thought about waiting for it to fall off, but i have also read about requesting early obsolete deletions. My Visa with RBC still has 2 years left.

Neither TransUnion nor Equifax will delete the bad debt, unless it cannot be properly verified directly between them and the original creditor or collector who's name is on the debt. If they don't respond with satisfactory proof the debt is yours, or not respond at all, the debt would be deleted. I would start the dispute process now with both credit bureaus, and keep your fingers crossed. Many times, the banks will not even bother responding since the debts are already written off and out of their hands.

Here are some details about what i have done and what is on my account as far as names and addresses are concerned, because im hoping maybe i can clean these up on a technicality?

Both Cards were taken out under a first name that i have since changed the spelling of legally, however the CRA, have my alias listed. I can't do anything with that im assuming.

I have sent a DV to the CA who currently has my RBC Visa and they responded with a copy of my signature and a few bill statements. I'm not sure my next move.

How did you find out the name of the collector for this account, as you stated above there is only one trade line for each debt, hence no collection entry? I pray you didn't invite too much personal information about yourself. Otherwise, you may see that collection appear on your bureaus in no time.

I also had a collection account that i have negotiated a PFD which i have read is harder to do in Canada,and that i probably will not find any success even asking the OC's on my charge off's for this.

Pay for delete is not illegal in Canada. It is only against Equifax and TransUnion's policies for it's members (collectors and creditors etc...) to delete information that is reporting correctly. I bet you'll obtain a verbal agreement with a collector for a PFD, because those slime bags will say anything to get your money out of your pockets. However, don't hold your breath waiting for any collection agency to follow through with one. And I highly doubt you would ever get a written agreement for a PFD.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, i'm not sure what my next move should be? All i want is these things removed from my reports.

Unfortunately, the only way to get these things deleted from your reports, is to wait it out and let them purge.

I have two R9 charged off credit cards on my CR's with EX and TU. They are fairly old and there has only been one TL for each, so that means the OC hasn't sold it, but assigned it correct?

Once the debt is written off, the bank has claimed it as a loss and no longer has the right to collect that debt. INCORRECT; charge off's or write offs are just for accounting and tax usage - the account is no longer performing and they can no longer claim it as an asset on the balance sheets - it continues to collect interest, the bank still has a right to collect it.

It has more than likely been sold to a collection agency, and they just haven't yet been able to locate your credit file to plaster the debt all over, perhaps because of your name change?When they do, you can bet anything they will. You contacting them and giving them ANY information about yourself, is only throwing jet fuel on an open fire.

debts are assigned for collection to a collection agency -by the creditor but if the debt is sold, it is sold to a Junk Debt buyer - who can run a collection agency or farm it out to other collection agencies

if a debt is sold, the OC should be reporting it as " sold " or transferred to another lender with $0 balance due.

Below i will post the information including DOLA because i know that's important.

No payment 60 days late

Closed by credit grantor

No payment 60 days late

Closed by credit grantor

As you can see my older Capital One card will fall off in june 2015, as it is 6 years in Canada correct?

Correct

I have thought about waiting for it to fall off, but i have also read about requesting early obsolete deletions. My Visa with RBC still has 2 years left.

Neither TransUnion nor Equifax will delete the bad debt, unless it cannot be properly verified directly between them and the original creditor or collector who's name is on the debt. If they don't respond with satisfactory proof the debt is yours, or not respond at all, the debt would be deleted. I would start the dispute process now with both credit bureaus, and keep your fingers crossed. Many times, the banks will not even bother responding since the debts are already written off and out of their hands.

How did you find out the name of the collector for this account, as you stated above there is only one trade line for each debt, hence no collection entry? I pray you didn't invite too much personal information about yourself. Otherwise, you may see that collection appear on your bureaus in no time.

Pay for delete is not illegal in Canada. It is only against Equifax and TransUnion's policies for it's members (collectors and creditors etc...) to delete information that is reporting correctly. I bet you'll obtain a verbal agreement with a collector for a PFD, because those slime bags will say anything to get your money out of your pockets. However, don't hold your breath waiting for any collection agency to follow through with one. And I highly doubt you would ever get a written agreement for a PFD.

Unfortunately, the only way to get these things deleted from your reports, is to wait it out and let them purge.

Once the debt is written off, the bank has claimed it as a loss and no longer has the right to collect that debt.

It hasn't been sold, just assigned. There is still a balance. The CA softpulls me all the time and called me constantly until I DV'd them. That's how I know who has it.

No payment 60 days late

Closed by credit grantor

No payment 60 days late

Closed by credit grantor

Correct

Thank you I will begin that process then.

I ended up getting this PFD in writing, and it was removed from my report, but not before I hounded Equifax to. I realize this can be harder in Canada, and consider myself very lucky. The CA was nice.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Once the debt is written off, the bank has claimed it as a loss and no longer has the right to collect that debt. INCORRECT; charge off's or write offs are just for accounting and tax usage - the account is no longer performing and they can no longer claim it as an asset on the balance sheets - it continues to collect interest, the bank still has a right to collect it.

debts are assigned for collection to a collection agency -by the creditor but if the debt is sold, it is sold to a Junk Debt buyer - who can run a collection agency or farm it out to other collection agencies

if a debt is sold, the OC should be reporting it as " sold " or transferred to another lender with $0 balance due.

No payment 60 days late

Closed by credit grantor

No payment 60 days late

Closed by credit grantor

Correct

Once the debt has been claimed as a loss by the bank, and they receive a tax break on that amount, they can no longer collect on that debt. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Banks attempt their own collections up until write off, and will assign a collector or use their in house collections. Once they give up on collecting the debt, it is written off and sold. Just because the trade line doesn't specify sold or transferred, that doesn't mean it hasn't been.

not true.

charge off for accounting purposes is different than issuing a 1009c or whatever the tax equivalent is in Canada.