Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Question about Barclay's backdoor method.

The last post in this topic was posted 2304 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I've been researching barclays, and took a gander at the credit pull database. I had applied for their card about 2 weeks ago. It was a denial. If I called their backdoor number and asked for recon, would that result in another hard pull since it has been a few weeks? I'd be willing to eat up the hard pull if it meant getting approved for even 500 dollars. At least that would get my foot in the door with a reputable card. My utilization on the cards I do have is between 30 to 50 percent. Perhaps better to wait until I can get the utilization down to less than ten percent? My oldest account is 8 months now, should I wait for my other accounts to age at least 6 months before pulling the trigger on this? I just want confirmation because I've read numerous comments where they prefer 6 months to a year of solid payment history with new credit lines.

don't waste your time with Barclays if they don't want you.

they're not really worth it.

get your util down and wait a few months.

That's what I suspected. I plan on doing some *B in the meantime. Maybe waiting, and doing everything right may lead to a nice Xmas surprise where Santa has a 4 figure Barclay's as a stocking stuffer!

Shifter, what card would you recommend if I have old derogs? Let's say I am inq free, utilization is optimal, scores in the mid 600s, what would be a likely approval? I've burned chase, citi, gemb, and Amex.

I was denied initally for a card and waited a few weeks (almost a month) before deciding to recon. I was approved. I'm not sure if it was a HP. The analyst didn't say he was pulling a new report.

be careful about *b then applied because at times if Barclay see new acct without hp they might pull ex.

That's why you keep it on perma-ice...

The last post in this topic was posted 2304 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.