Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

cv91915

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

This defaults to "Shift cells right" on my Windows laptop, but on my iMac the default is "Shift cells down."

I never want to shift cells right, and some consistency would be nice.

rBg4SUS.png 

I never noticed this until today, although admittedly I don't use Excel that much on my Macbook...

Edited by CTSoxFan

11 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

I never noticed this until today, although admittedly I don't use Excel that much on my Macbook...

It used to default to "Shift cells down" on my Windows laptop too.  Something changed in the past several weeks.

I'm running Office 365 (same license) on both PC and iOS.

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Someone on NextDoor wants to share a poem.

:lol:  

The posters on Nextdoor in my neck of the woods like to pick fights with everyone. Arguments range from "Who put the tied up doggie bag into my sparkling clean trash can to politics. If you ACTUALLY offer help to someone who asks for it, it goes ignored but all the miscellaneous off topic fights get all the attention. We need @MarvBear to put them in their place but he's busy hypernating. 😄

4 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

The posters on Nextdoor in my neck of the woods like to pick fights with everyone. Arguments range from "Who put the tied up doggie bag into my sparkling clean trash can to politics. If you ACTUALLY offer help to someone who asks for it, it goes ignored but all the miscellaneous off topic fights get all the attention. We need @MarvBear to put them in their place but he's busy hypernating. 😄

The one that covers the lakehouse had a discussion about a pending City expense and whether it impacted the gated community via the annexation which took place a few years ago...got shut down because it was *checks notes* political. 

4 minutes ago, centex said:

The one that covers the lakehouse had a discussion about a pending City expense and whether it impacted the gated community via the annexation which took place a few years ago...got shut down because it was *checks notes* political. 

Happens all the time here. LOL!

1 hour ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Here in Mudland we get a lot of deer/yard photos, as if that's somehow novel. 

Everyone within a 750 mile radius has deer in their yard at some point in an average year.

But they will not stop posting pics, as if they've just seen Sasquatch, or Zelda Rubinstein.

Edited by cv91915

41 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Here in Mudland we get a lot of deer/yard photos, as if that's somehow novel. 

Everyone within a 750 mile radius has deer in their yard at some point in an average year.

But they will not stop posting pics, as if they've just seen Sasquatch, or Zelda Rubinstein.

I have news for you, the radius is waay bigger and is found on my Nextdoor. BTW, Big Foot saw me but no one believes him (stolen from a tee-shirt I saw).

TV-B-Gone saves the day again.

I'm sorry not sorry to interrupt people's Sunday morning religious programming, but it's 9:45 a.m. MST and I've been up for nine hours already, I just spent 4+ hours in a narrow bulkhead seat in Coach next to Dom Delouise, and this is the last thing I needed yammering on the TV above my head as I'm crammed into the corner of the Inch High Private Eye Admirals Club at A19 in Phoenix.

lwTTZH5.jpg 

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

This vacuous 20-something sitting next to me has been on the phone for a solid 5 minutes, and she utters a breathy "WOW!" about twice a minute.  She's also managed to say "back in the day" at least three times.

A twenty-something wouldn't know "back in the day" if it hit her in the arse.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's that some people find it too hard to like their real life, who they create a whole other one. To me it screams mental disorder but....whatever. Live and let live I guess.

My car has a power closing trunk lid, but I have yet to find a person at Target when I pick up a drive-up order who doesn't just slam it closed. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

My car has a power closing trunk lid, but I have yet to find a person at Target when I pick up a drive-up order who doesn't just slam it closed. 

I just tell them to not close the trunk, and press the button inside.  

15 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Icing the kicker.

Disallow time-outs once the ball is snapped on a place kicking play.

I can see a valid reason for some timeouts, but yeah, solely for icing needs to be canned.  This nonsense of the camera on a coach for 15 seconds next to the ref just set to call timeout typically just gives a kicker a better chance.  Ironically, I saw a stat the other day that such icing cases where the kick was missed but didn't count more often than not will be true on the re-kick.  So it works in reverse and screws the icing team...karma.

13 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I've received more mail for my neighbors this week than I did for myself. Including a package. USPS sucks.

I'm starting to get letters from the IRS for the former tenants of our apartment. I'm not sure if I should do a return to sender, or wait for a Treasury agent to show up at the door, and let them know then, that the tax dodgers are no longer here. 

I'm starting to get letters from the IRS for the former tenants of our apartment. I'm not sure if I should do a return to sender, or wait for a Treasury agent to show up at the door, and let them know then, that the tax dodgers are no longer here. 

Depending on the tenant, I might just wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk