Jump to content

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Dear Marriott:

 

When it's time to renew your 7,500-year exclusive global beverage contract with Pepsi, could you please negotiate a carve-out for room service and vending machines?

 

I drink a Diet Coke when I get up every morning, and Diet Pepsi is no better substitute than 12 ounces of Liquid Plumr.

 

Love,

Me

That they have no coke is enough for Mom to not want to stay with them...she felt the same way in Vegas when she went with me to a property with a Pepsi contract.  70-year old habits are hard to break I guess...

 

I drink DP which is often available in both places...and if it isn't available, then vodka and OJ works LOL!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

While driving thru a less than desirable neighborhood today, I decided to hit the McDonald's drive thru for some McNuggets.   While a coworker and myself were I enjoying our processed myster

Posted Images

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Dear Marriott:

 

When it's time to renew your 7,500-year exclusive global beverage contract with Pepsi, could you please negotiate a carve-out for room service and vending machines?

 

I drink a Diet Coke when I get up every morning, and Diet Pepsi is no better substitute than 12 ounces of Liquid Plumr.

 

Love,

Me

 

 

I am with you 100% on this one.  I was recently in upstate NY where they serve Pepsi everywhere, it was terrible.  I will drink DP in a pinch, but am not a fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Soda? Before noon?! That's not healthy.

 

If that is the most unhealthy thing someone does I think they'll be ok.  And does drinking a soda at 12:01PM affect the body differently than drinking one at 11:59AM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Soda? Before noon?! That's not healthy.

 

My tastes have changed over time, and I'm down to one Diet Coke per morning followed by about half a pot of coffee.

 

Before that I was chasing 3+ Diet Cokes with an entire pot of coffee.

 

Before 9 am.

 

 

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites

Grateful I'm not riding the rails along the Northeast Corridor today. Flooding everywhere. This not only effects Amtrak, but NJ Transit, a bunch of NYC trains, and any other passenger rail service that uses those tracks. A total cluster ^$$^&.

 

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 12:17 AM, cv91915 said:

Now the oven died.  


And the new one isn't showing up between 1:30 and 5:30 today as planned.

 

Apparently, appliances can't be delivered when it's raining.  ️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, cv91915 said:


And the new one isn't showing up between 1:30 and 5:30 today as planned.

 

Apparently, appliances can't be delivered when it's raining.  ️ 

 

Must be in Mudville as it hasn't rained a bit out here in SoCal this week. At least not in LA/LGB anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

 

Must be in Mudville as it hasn't rained a bit out here in SoCal this week. At least not in LA/LGB anyway.

 

No, in CA.  It rained for about 20 minutes on Friday afternoon and they canceled the rest of their deliveries.

 

I'd say it's 50/50 that they'll make it today as rescheduled, as it was misting when I got up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2021 at 5:56 AM, TheVig said:

 

BNPL.

This should be added to the 'scroll over to see what the heck it means' list. I have a brain fart every time I see it and have to google the meaning.

 

TIA

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2021 at 12:17 AM, cv91915 said:

Now the oven died.  

 

The new range arrived on Monday.

 

This is my first major appliance with a companion app.

 

I can now be alerted on my phone when the timer reaches 0:00, but in order to get it to shut it up I have to physically touch the range's display.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, cv91915 said:

 

The new range arrived on Monday.

 

This is my first major appliance with a companion app.

 

I can now be alerted on my phone when the timer reaches 0:00, but in order to get it to shut it up I have to physically touch the range's display.

 

That actually makes sense.  I could easily see someone turning the alarm off, getting distracted and then remembering when they smelled burning food.  Even if you could turn the oven off it would still be hot leading to overcooked food.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

 

That actually makes sense.  I could easily see someone turning the alarm off, getting distracted and then remembering when they smelled burning food.  Even if you could turn the oven off it would still be hot leading to overcooked food.

 

I get that, but the oven is off 99.72439882% of the time when I use the timer.  I mainly use it to remind me to show up for meetings.  😛 

 

I relied on the old range (purchased in 2004) for this, but it's an obsolete habit.  Now I have 300 devices to remind me to do things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      183,028
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    dallas21
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines