Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

On 7/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Krish said:

There is an option, it asks us do you want to select the bills or should we choose.

I clicked choose for me and the freaking ATM gave me 2 hundreds for a 200$ cash withdrawal.. I had to step into Walmart, bought gum and asked the lady to break it and she gave me the look.. man it was horrible.. 

This is by far the worst part of your experience...

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

This morning while Mrs Vig and I were at work, maintenance man at apartment complex came by to replace our garbage disposal. The new unit works great.   I sent an email to apartment manageme

Posted Images

On 7/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Krish said:

There is an option, it asks us do you want to select the bills or should we choose.

I clicked choose for me and the freaking ATM gave me 2 hundreds for a 200$ cash withdrawal.. I had to step into Walmart, bought gum and asked the lady to break it and she gave me the look.. man it was horrible.. 

What, no chomping on the cud, err gum as she uttered something like 'you ain't from 'round here...CHEW CHEW...are ya'

Posted (edited)

I spent an hour and a half this morning before I was able to persuade someone at Best Buy to correct an issue with an order after they shorted me $5 on a reward certificate refund.

The refund wouldn't have been necessary if their delivery service hadn't botched the delivery and returned my item to the store instead of dropping it at our house.  There is no explanation as to why this happened.

I eventually got the $5 cert back, and then I switched my payment for the balance to my BCP, which allowed me to use a $10 Amex Offer that wasn't there when I placed the first order.

Then I burned another 30 minutes and a gallon and a half of 89 octane doing a store pickup this time, since I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and wanted to take the item with me.

So I'm out two hours of my life and $4-something in fuel, but I got my $15.

Edited by cv91915
14 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning

No, apparently I am not.  Flight problem this morning (and I don't want to be on the last ORD-SAN flight tonight), so I moved everything to tomorrow.

17 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I spent an hour and a half this morning before I was able to persuade someone at Best Buy to correct an issue with an order after they shorted me $5 on a reward certificate refund.

The refund wouldn't have been necessary if their delivery service hadn't botched the delivery and returned my item to the store instead of dropping it at our house.  There is no explanation as to why this happened.

I eventually got the $5 cert back, and then I switched my payment for the balance to my BCP, which allowed me to use a $10 Amex Offer that wasn't there when I placed the first order.

Then I burned another 30 minutes and a gallon and a half of 89 octane doing a store pickup this time, since I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and wanted to take the item with me.

So I'm out two hours of my life and $4-something in fuel, but I got my $15.

So what you are basically saying is the going rate for your time is ~$5.50/hour.  I would've thought you valued yourself higher.

I now have a policy that anything that is going to require more additional effort than a quick phone call or email needs to be worth at least $20, because it isn't worth my time to expend more effort for less.

6 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

So what you are basically saying is the going rate for your time is ~$5.50/hour.  I would've thought you valued yourself higher.

I now have a policy that anything that is going to require more additional effort than a quick phone call or email needs to be worth at least $20, because it isn't worth my time to expend more effort for less.

If the absurdity was lost on me I probably wouldn't have posted that.  :)  

With that said, life became a lot better when I stopped trying to monetize every hour of every day.  If I was in commissioned sales I would never stop working.

Regardless, sometimes it's the principle.  

5 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

That is the first thing I said when I saw the coverage this morning...

Maybe that is why they didn't give a close-up shot of the separation...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 3:31 AM, CTSoxFan said:

I went back at them again and basically they told me too bad, you're not getting anything.  We'll see what United does.  I would change cards but the limiting factors are that I can't get the equivalent card on Delta due to AmEx BL, and AA doesn't have a ton of routings through my home airport, and of course Priority Pass doesn't have a lounge in my home airport either...plus my current strategy is to load up on URs, which I would have to revisit.

Further update.  I had pretty much forgotten about this as it was over a month ago that I complained to United and Chase.  Yesterday afternoon I received an email from United, and they gave both DW and I $200 travel credit certificates for the inconvenience, so $400 towards the $525 AF on the card.  Definitely a win in my book, considering it was only one time the club was closed and has since re-opened (in my home airport at least), and far exceeded my expectations ($0).

The one thing I really hate about the United Club (and I believe that Delta/AA variants are the same) is the need to be flying on their airline that day.  If you're paying for club access you should be able to go into the club, regardless of whether or not your flying their airline that day.  There are times I can't fly United due to either work rules or routings don't make sense (I am not going to add a stop at an airport that is a 45 minute flight from my home airport, usually at a higher cost,  just to get to where I want to go when there is a direct option available).  If they are worried about too many passes limit the number you issue, which they will never do because they want the revenue.

Here would be another great option, but they will never do it.  The big 3 get together and offer a pass (or upgrade option on their current pass) that is good at any of their lounges along with network lounges.  Charge $995 or something for the privilege.  Something like Priority Pass, but with actual lounges available (the PP network sucks IMO).   

Edited by CTSoxFan

Somebody in the company thought so much of my skill sets, that they sent a new hire from the west coast for some OJT.

Monday, I pick the guy up at the hotel. I asked what did he have in mind for breakfast? He replies..........some place where my food won't come in contact with meat. I replied.........what time is your flight on friday?

It's gonna be a long week.

13 hours ago, TheVig said:
13 hours ago, TheVig said:

Somebody in the company thought so much of my skill sets, that they sent a new hire from the west coast for some OJT.

Monday, I pick the guy up at the hotel. I asked what did he have in mind for breakfast? He replies..........some place where my food won't come in contact with meat. I replied.........what time is your flight on friday?

Sounds like yet another West Coast Soy Boy.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:13 AM, TheVig said:

Should have just told him not to worry about that bacon or steak on the plate...it doesn't IDENTIFY as meat.  Since he is from the left Coast, he SHOULD understand...

On 8/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, centex said:

Should have just told him not to worry about that bacon or steak on the plate...it doesn't IDENTIFY as meat.  Since he is from the left Coast, he SHOULD understand...

After a week with us, I think he's he's questioning his own identity at this point. Maybe his own existence in general. Definitely put a new part in his hair for sure.

On 7/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, cv91915 said:

Chase was also never that interested in extending the expiration dates on Marriott certificates.  

I don't hate Chase, but I do think they're overrated.

I just enjoyed a spree in which I offset $1800 of dining charges charged to my CSR over the last quarter courtesy of $1000 in UR gleaned from Bev's Chase Sapphire Pref'd SUB and $200 UR accrued on my CSR.  For the time being, Chase walks on water (and nobody is going to tell me different! ;) )

Dear Marriott:

When it's time to renew your 7,500-year exclusive global beverage contract with Pepsi, could you please negotiate a carve-out for room service and vending machines?

I drink a Diet Coke when I get up every morning, and Diet Pepsi is no better substitute than 12 ounces of Liquid Plumr.

Love,

Me