Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

On 7/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Krish said:

There is an option, it asks us do you want to select the bills or should we choose.

I clicked choose for me and the freaking ATM gave me 2 hundreds for a 200$ cash withdrawal.. I had to step into Walmart, bought gum and asked the lady to break it and she gave me the look.. man it was horrible.. 

This is by far the worst part of your experience...

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

While driving thru a less than desirable neighborhood today, I decided to hit the McDonald's drive thru for some McNuggets.   While a coworker and myself were I enjoying our processed myster

Posted Images

On 7/14/2021 at 7:49 AM, Krish said:

There is an option, it asks us do you want to select the bills or should we choose.

I clicked choose for me and the freaking ATM gave me 2 hundreds for a 200$ cash withdrawal.. I had to step into Walmart, bought gum and asked the lady to break it and she gave me the look.. man it was horrible.. 

What, no chomping on the cud, err gum as she uttered something like 'you ain't from 'round here...CHEW CHEW...are ya'

Posted (edited)

I spent an hour and a half this morning before I was able to persuade someone at Best Buy to correct an issue with an order after they shorted me $5 on a reward certificate refund.

The refund wouldn't have been necessary if their delivery service hadn't botched the delivery and returned my item to the store instead of dropping it at our house.  There is no explanation as to why this happened.

I eventually got the $5 cert back, and then I switched my payment for the balance to my BCP, which allowed me to use a $10 Amex Offer that wasn't there when I placed the first order.

Then I burned another 30 minutes and a gallon and a half of 89 octane doing a store pickup this time, since I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and wanted to take the item with me.

So I'm out two hours of my life and $4-something in fuel, but I got my $15.

Edited by cv91915
14 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning

No, apparently I am not.  Flight problem this morning (and I don't want to be on the last ORD-SAN flight tonight), so I moved everything to tomorrow.

17 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I spent an hour and a half this morning before I was able to persuade someone at Best Buy to correct an issue with an order after they shorted me $5 on a reward certificate refund.

The refund wouldn't have been necessary if their delivery service hadn't botched the delivery and returned my item to the store instead of dropping it at our house.  There is no explanation as to why this happened.

I eventually got the $5 cert back, and then I switched my payment for the balance to my BCP, which allowed me to use a $10 Amex Offer that wasn't there when I placed the first order.

Then I burned another 30 minutes and a gallon and a half of 89 octane doing a store pickup this time, since I'm leaving early tomorrow morning and wanted to take the item with me.

So I'm out two hours of my life and $4-something in fuel, but I got my $15.

So what you are basically saying is the going rate for your time is ~$5.50/hour.  I would've thought you valued yourself higher.

I now have a policy that anything that is going to require more additional effort than a quick phone call or email needs to be worth at least $20, because it isn't worth my time to expend more effort for less.

6 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

So what you are basically saying is the going rate for your time is ~$5.50/hour.  I would've thought you valued yourself higher.

I now have a policy that anything that is going to require more additional effort than a quick phone call or email needs to be worth at least $20, because it isn't worth my time to expend more effort for less.

If the absurdity was lost on me I probably wouldn't have posted that.  :)  

With that said, life became a lot better when I stopped trying to monetize every hour of every day.  If I was in commissioned sales I would never stop working.

Regardless, sometimes it's the principle.  

5 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

That is the first thing I said when I saw the coverage this morning...

Maybe that is why they didn't give a close-up shot of the separation...