Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

While driving thru a less than desirable neighborhood today, I decided to hit the McDonald's drive thru for some McNuggets.   While a coworker and myself were I enjoying our processed myster

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Chase was also never that interested in extending the expiration dates on Marriott certificates.  

I don't hate Chase, but I do think they're overrated.

I went back at them again and basically they told me too bad, you're not getting anything.  We'll see what United does.  I would change cards but the limiting factors are that I can't get the equivalent card on Delta due to AmEx BL, and AA doesn't have a ton of routings through my home airport, and of course Priority Pass doesn't have a lounge in my home airport either...plus my current strategy is to load up on URs, which I would have to revisit.

Edited by CTSoxFan

Attempting to emphasize a word or phrase by emphasizing the wrong part of the word or phrase.

"That one is long goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

Vet charges: $160 for a antibiotic perscription to clear up urinary track infection. I by-passed the vet and asked for the script to get it filled elsewhere for only $75. Still seems excessive when antibiotics for humans cost about $12 without insurance.

4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Vet charges: $160 for a antibiotic perscription to clear up urinary track infection. I by-passed the vet and asked for the script to get it filled elsewhere for only $75. Still seems excessive when antibiotics for humans cost about $12 without insurance.

Let me know if you want me to hook you up with my friend's holistic/new age animal therapy center (I think it's in the Rancho Bernardo area).

She paid them something like $2,000 to have a gold thread sewn into her dog's stomach to alleviate his anxiety.  

Spoiler alert:  the dog needs more therapy.

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Let me know if you want me to hook you up with my friend's holistic/new age animal therapy center (I think it's in the Rancho Bernardo area).

She paid them something like $2,000 to have a gold thread sewn into her dog's stomach to alleviate his anxiety.  

Spoiler alert:  the dog needs more therapy.

Oo-la-la!

6 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

FWIW, I've had vet scripts filled at Kroger and price was same as if the same thing had been prescribed for humans. 

5 hours ago, centex said:

FWIW, I've had vet scripts filled at Kroger and price was same as if the same thing had been prescribed for humans. 

Interesting. Costco quoted $55 if I am a member which I am not. This is penicillin based but it isn't the same as what would be prescribed to humans.

The good news is our 14-year old black lab is doing much better. Rapid eye movement, walking in circles and falling over stopped after the first 12-hours and after giving her Liposomes 300 mg CBD oil. No perscription needed.

19 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Interesting. Costco quoted $55 if I am a member which I am not. This is penicillin based but it isn't the same as what would be prescribed to humans.

The good news is our 14-year old black lab is doing much better. Rapid eye movement, walking in circles and falling over stopped after the first 12-hours and after giving her Liposomes 300 mg CBD oil. No perscription needed.

Costco USED to do prescriptions for ANYONE, regardless of membership. 

In the future, I would always try to bounce it off of the GoodRX page and that will let you know the area options and pricing...I've had times where different stores were miles apart on pricing.  For the cats, I typically would take Kroger as long as it was close just because of the fuel points on new prescriptions...yeah, I play that game ;)

I use a combination of Costco, HEB (our local grocery store here in TX) and online depending on who is cheaper and/or can take advantage of bonus categories on Freedom, since my dogs meds are so damn expensive (roughly $200/month).  I have found that for the one med he is on that is the same as the human variant the local grocery store charges the same price as it would be were it prescribed for a human.

5 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

I use a combination of Costco, HEB (our local grocery store here in TX) and online depending on who is cheaper and/or can take advantage of bonus categories on Freedom, since my dogs meds are so damn expensive (roughly $200/month).  I have found that for the one med he is on that is the same as the human variant the local grocery store charges the same price as it would be were it prescribed for a human.

I did not know you were in Texas...and that annoys me. 

Not that you are here, but that I didn't know it...and by being annoyed, it allows this to stay on topic...because going off topic can be really annoying.

19 hours ago, centex said:

Costco USED to do prescriptions for ANYONE, regardless of membership. 

In the future, I would always try to bounce it off of the GoodRX page and that will let you know the area options and pricing...I've had times where different stores were miles apart on pricing.  For the cats, I typically would take Kroger as long as it was close just because of the fuel points on new prescriptions...yeah, I play that game ;)

Yeah I tried GoodRX and Clavamox was not recognized. My take on the Costco pharmacy response is they do sell to anyone but if you're a member you get a better deal. Today I dropped by Target and the pharmacy doesn't carry veterinary medications same as CVS they said. Tomorrow I'll inquire with Kroger and maybe Walmart too.

21 hours ago, centex said:

I did not know you were in Texas...and that annoys me. 

Not that you are here, but that I didn't know it...and by being annoyed, it allows this to stay on topic...because going off topic can be really annoying.

Not only am I in Texas, but based on posts I have read from you in the past, I think we are in a similar area...

In your defense, I have only been here around 2.5 years...

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Dear Bank of America:

Could you please give me a chance to tell you I don't want $100s before your ATM barfs them out?

Love,

Me

They don't give you the option to select your bills?  At some Chase ATMs you can choose from 100s, 20s, 5s and 1s, others are $20s only.  At the selectable currency ones it tells you how it will be dispensed unless you change it.  Agree that not being able to select would be annoying because it would be very rare if I am taking out $400-$500 that I would want it all in $100s or all $20s.

4 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

They don't give you the option to select your bills?  At some Chase ATMs you can choose from 100s, 20s, 5s and 1s, others are $20s only.  At the selectable currency ones it tells you how it will be dispensed unless you change it.  Agree that not being able to select would be annoying because it would be very rare if I am taking out $400-$500 that I would want it all in $100s or all $20s.

I just entered my PIN and pushed the "$100 Cash" option from some shortcuts on the screen, and I immediately got my card back and a $100 bill.

I don't recall seeing an "other" option to get around the shortcuts, but it must have been there.  I've gotten 20s from that ATM before.

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I just entered my PIN and pushed the "$100 Cash" option from some shortcuts on the screen, and I immediately got my card back and a $100 bill.

I don't recall seeing an "other" option to get around the shortcuts, but it must have been there.  I've gotten 20s from that ATM before.

There is an option, it asks us do you want to select the bills or should we choose.

I clicked choose for me and the freaking ATM gave me 2 hundreds for a 200$ cash withdrawal.. I had to step into Walmart, bought gum and asked the lady to break it and she gave me the look.. man it was horrible..