Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

Had to go to the front desk and ask for toilet paper. Good thing I looked before pinching one off. 

While doing my business, I hear a car alarm. Hurry up, only to see it’s the car next to mine getting repossessed. 

Gonna be an exciting week at the Econo Lodge. 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

This morning while Mrs Vig and I were at work, maintenance man at apartment complex came by to replace our garbage disposal. The new unit works great.   I sent an email to apartment manageme

Posted Images

22 hours ago, TheVig said:

Had to go to the front desk and ask for toilet paper. Good thing I looked before pinching one off. 

While doing my business, I hear a car alarm. Hurry up, only to see it’s the car next to mine getting repossessed. 

Throw in some gunshots and you are well on your way to a BINGO!

On 5/31/2021 at 10:36 AM, TheVig said:

This is where all of your problems truly began...

On 5/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, TheVig said:

Some follow up. Had a knock on the door from a nice lady, asking if I had any papers. I said I didn’t have any, but I’ve got some pills that will put a new part in your hair. She got all tickled pink with excitement. 

I gave her some prescription laxatives. She’s gonna need papers for sure, just of a different kind. 

5 hours ago, TheVig said:

Some follow up. Had a knock on the door from a nice lady, asking if I had any papers. I said I didn’t have any, but I’ve got some pills that will put a new part in your hair. She got all tickled pink with excitement. 

I gave her some prescription laxatives. She’s gonna need papers for sure, just of a different kind. 

Just another night at the Barking Starfish.

Applebee’s using the theme songs from Cheers and Welcome Back Kotter in their commercials. 

I will never be able to watch reruns of those shows again. 

16 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

102 degree temps. My A/C ran 14 hours yesterday and struggled to maintain 74 inside. Either something is wrong with it, or it's TOO DAMN HOT. 🤬

I'm in Sioux Falls, and my flight out of here in the morning can't come soon enough.

and it's not just because Budget gave me a 4Runner (which is a dreadful vehicle).

TY4Lmpa.jpg 

Posted (edited)

Cost of RT flight from SAN to TUL close to $500. Yikes!!!! But on a positive note, will be visiting beloved cousin in Oklahoma. Haven't been back since 1988. 

At least the $300 welcome bonus hit my Amex account for the Blue Cash so that along with cash back earned will cover the majority.

Edited by StarkRaven$
4 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

People who thing 4Runners are dreadful vehicles....

Well, it WAS from Budget, which makes it, by default, one produced in the past few years...not like the ones of yesteryear that were actually GOOD. 

3 hours ago, centex said:

Well, it WAS from Budget, which makes it, by default, one produced in the past few years...not like the ones of yesteryear that were actually GOOD. 

They haven't changed in the past few years! The 4Runner is probably one of the most outdated vehicles on the market right now, which is part of its charm. Old school body-on-frame, not wussified SUV. They're one of the few things Toyota still makes right! 

Humidity.

It's officially ball stickage season in Charlotte.

In other news. I was able to weasel out of a trip to FL. Probably a good thing, as I would have BK the company expensing Gold Bond.

21 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Guess who gets to go to Mudland on Saturday to give antibiotics to a cat for 6 days...

Second flight tomorrow just got canceled.

Also, our refrigerator there died.

And a window in the kitchen won't close properly.

And TAD is now in Monterey.  

On 6/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, cv91915 said:

Guess who gets to go to Mudland on Saturday to give antibiotics to a cat for 6 days...

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Second flight tomorrow just got canceled.

Also, our refrigerator there died.

And a window in the kitchen won't close properly.

And TAD is now in Monterey.  

And of course nothing I want is in stock.  So I picked something from my second tier of choices, and it's being delivered on Tuesday.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:49 AM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

They haven't changed in the past few years! The 4Runner is probably one of the most outdated vehicles on the market right now, which is part of its charm. Old school body-on-frame, not wussified SUV. They're one of the few things Toyota still makes right! 

The point is you USED to be able to get them with a twin-stick.  None of the electronic doo-dads. 

Last week the lumber jack lesbians in my building moved out. Moved to Florida. This week, someone who could pass for actor Kevin Spacey moved in. 

I'm torn. I have 3-4K equity in my current lease due to market conditions. I'm 31 out of 36 months into it. I can put a nice chunk of change in my pocket if I turn it in tomorrow, but there's nothing desirable out there to replace it with. However, if I keep it through the term, I get nothing, have to pay the disposition fee, and maybe new tires, and there's a good chance the market won't be any different then.

12 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I'm torn. I have 3-4K equity in my current lease due to market conditions. I'm 31 out of 36 months into it. I can put a nice chunk of change in my pocket if I turn it in tomorrow, but there's nothing desirable out there to replace it with. However, if I keep it through the term, I get nothing, have to pay the disposition fee, and maybe new tires, and there's a good chance the market won't be any different then.

I have 11 months left on my 750i, which seems to be the only model on the planet that's upside down (last month I got offers around $20k short of payoff; this month it's closer to $12k).

If the market doesn't change dramatically between now and lease end, the best option may be to buy it out at residual.