Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

I guess I'm in the category of as long as its a well behaved fur child and its outdoors, then let 'em. I'd rather see a well behaved four legged fur child than than wild two legged children running ar

Posted Images

On 2/14/2021 at 8:16 AM, cv91915 said:

That reminds me.  I should drop something off for my spinster friend hag.  Her spinster hag status puzzles me, as she's attractive, smart, funny and rich.  🤷‍♂️

On 2/15/2021 at 7:11 PM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Tell me more about this one. How old is she?

On 2/15/2021 at 10:44 PM, cv91915 said:

Early 40s.

If she'd be interested in a twice divorced Midwestern 50-something tell me where to meet her ...

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Everyone's flying again, and 94.4% of air travelers are now wearing sweat pants. 

And the rest were wearing actual pajamas. 

I had a dream once. I was on a Pan Am 747 flight, circa 1973. Seat side, carved prime rib. Stewardess walked by, saw me fumbling for my lighter. She offered me a light. In the terminal, I got my shoes shined to perfection. Guy running shine stand had his son with him teaching him the trade, so one day he to would become a master of the trade. 

Even the peasants had on their Sunday best, and the name American Express actually meant something. 

I wish many of you could have been with me in that dream. It truly was a first class flight experience. 

Whatever'. For some reason, I find it a little disrespectful when people use it as an expression. Much more when they have it paireed with an eye roll. That's just really annoying. I think there are a few time when it can be tolerable. But there are just more times when it isn't. I just hope people stop being rude and that they learn how to listen than just shush someone with a simple whatever.

3 hours ago, GordonnotRamsay said:

Whatever'. For some reason, I find it a little disrespectful when people use it as an expression. Much more when they have it paireed with an eye roll. That's just really annoying. I think there are a few time when it can be tolerable. But there are just more times when it isn't. I just hope people stop being rude and that they learn how to listen than just shush someone with a simple whatever.

oh whatever... 🙄

/ducks and runs

And the rest were wearing actual pajamas. 

I had a dream once. I was on a Pan Am 747 flight, circa 1973. Seat side, carved prime rib. Stewardess walked by, saw me fumbling for my lighter. She offered me a light. In the terminal, I got my shoes shined to perfection. Guy running shine stand had his son with him teaching him the trade, so one day he to would become a master of the trade. 

Even the peasants had on their Sunday best, and the name American Express actually meant something. 

I wish many of you could have been with me in that dream. It truly was a first class flight experience. 

I am old enough that for the first 25 years of my life I dressed up to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can't dishwashers more accurately predict their own cycle times?

Earlier this morning I noted that the dishwasher indicated 63 minutes remaining, so I set the timer on the stove for 1:03.

Currently the timer has 2 minutes remaining, but the dishwasher says it has 44 minutes to go.

• Admin
4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Earlier this morning I noted that the dishwasher indicated 63 minutes remaining, so I set the timer on the stove for 1:03.

Currently the timer has 2 minutes remaining, but the dishwasher says it has 44 minutes to go.

It's already switched over to DST.😀

12 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Internal sensors that think the load was a lot more dirty than the timer originally indicated? My dishwasher's screen is on top of the door so it's hidden, but it projects a little red picture on the floor to indicate the cycle. 

On 3/13/2021 at 7:11 AM, cv91915 said:

On 3/13/2021 at 4:39 PM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Internal sensors that think the load was a lot more dirty than the timer originally indicated? My dishwasher's screen is on top of the door so it's hidden, but it projects a little red picture on the floor to indicate the cycle. 

My clothes washer and dryer do the same thing with automatic cycles. It counts down then I've seen it count back up. Usually its when I have towels and bedding in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate picking out carpet.

Our place in California was quite stylish -- in 2005.

Time to freshen it up.

I think this is going into the master bedroom (in the color called Pottery).

C2Cel6f.jpg 

15 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I hate picking out carpet.

Our place in California was quite stylish -- in 2005.

Time to freshen it up.

I think this is going into the master bedroom (in the color called Pottery).

I am terrible about decorating/designing and hate doing it as well.  I mean I can see things in the store I like but have no clue if they even remotely go together and I just get frustrated.  Thankfully when we built our house we had both the builder's design consultant and our RE agent (who was an interior designer for almost 20 years) to help guide us through the process otherwise I wouldn't have made it through the process.  We will do a major redecorating when the animals are no longer with us, and I damn sure will be hiring someone.