Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

19 hours ago, cv91915 said:

TAD gets in this morning.  

Within 20 minutes of arrival at home, every horizontal surface will be covered with crap, and then he'll ask me to cook him something.

Nice that you are such a good housewife.  

First world problems alert. 

i did not get early check in at my hotel today. My delayed check in was caused tenants who did not check out on time, nor did they pay for additional nights. Refuse to leave.  Police had to remove them. 

4 hours ago, TheVig said:

First world problems alert. 

i did not get early check in at my hotel today. My delayed check in was caused tenants who did not check out on time, nor did they pay for additional nights. Refuse to leave.  Police had to remove them. 

Check under the bed.

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Check under the bed.

I watched them clean it. Only thing they didn’t replace was box spring and mattress. 

I just finished interviewing an exact clone of Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Of course I didn't hire him.  

Someone at work that I otherwise like and respect starts every email that's addressed to more than one person with "Hi Team --." 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:31 AM, cv91915 said:

Someone at work that I otherwise like and respect starts every email that's addressed to more than one person with "Hi Team --." 

I once received an email from someone in the South that started with "Hey Y'All --"

This past week I sent an email to everyone in my group and decided to be a smartazz and start it with "Comrades:"

On 11/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, hegemony said:

Yesterday I booked my first flight since 2/2020.

I can get used to having the seat next to me free. Flights were uneventful, on time, and idiot free. Only weird thing was guy in airport with a full hood and hose but the hose didn't seem to be connected to anything and he was wearing a mask under the hood.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, TheVig said:

I just finished interviewing an exact clone of Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Of course I didn't hire him.  

But did he hook you up with good seats for the show?

On 10/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, cv91915 said:

******** RANT WARNING ********

There is only a relative handful of business travelers flying these days, yet it's < 100 hours before my departure on Friday morning and my upgrades haven't gone through yet.  Not even MUD-DFW.

On my trip ~10 days ago my upgrade from SAN-CLT didn't go through until I was already seated in Economy and the door was about to close.  I was #1 on the wait list and I got the only remaining seat.

And yet for the past several weeks First has largely been filled with people who are snapping photos of the tops of the clouds once airborne, and they're asking for things to drink that haven't been served on this airline in my lifetime ("Could I have a glass of cran-grape and a Seven-Up?") or asking if there is free wine.

Before take-off they're calling multiple friends and relatives to tell them that they're about to depart, and how long (and where) their layover is.

So these aren't people with equivalent status who happen to have earned more EQDs than me in the past 12 months, and by the looks of most of them they also aren't spending ~$500 each way for tickets in First.

Can they possibly all have enough miles for award tickets in First?

Mystery solved.

A flight attendant on a recent flight mentioned that for a short time at the very bottom of the demand for travel, r/t in First was selling for under $200, and apparently they sold a lot of those tickets for travel well into the future.

Supposedly those tickets were virtually (or actually) all used by the end of 2020.  There was a gradual improvement in upgrade processing timeframes as the year elapsed, and it's been back to normal for a matter of weeks.

Tomorrow's upgrades went through > 100 hours before departure, as expected.

By default, our gas company opts customers in to receive a monthly email that tells you how your usage compares to similar households.  

I unsubscribed to that one some time ago, as that's completely meaningless to me.  I'm either comfortable or I'm not, and if I'm not, well... I'm going to turn on the furnace.

Apparently you have to opt out separately for the email that tells you how much gas you used last month.  Excuse me, I CAN GET THIS INFORMATION FROM MY BILL.  

10 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I need new jeans. and it appears the Eddie Bauers I have bought for.....ever have lost their quality. Well crap. Now what?

What price point are you looking at.  If you are looking at the low end I would stick with Old Navy.   I haven't worn them in 5+ years, but from what I recall the quality was OK given the cost.  Mid-range I like Banana republic jeans.  Comfortable, last a long time in my experience.  Personal favorites are either Joe's or AG, but that is swimming in the designer end of the pool ($150+ per pair).  In any case, all of those brands can be had at a discount during sale times.

10 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I need new jeans. and it appears the Eddie Bauers I have bought for.....ever have lost their quality. Well crap. Now what?

These are on sale, and they'll look exceptional with your Members Only® jacket.

a2mPM4P.png 

Can't afford Levi's?

You can take CV's recommendation and get Costco jeans. They will look so cute with CV's coat, too.

3b41682e1828bb39f70d22fdc05d3ecd.jpg

I don't think I've ever owned a piece of Old Navy clothing, and based on the neighborhood that the Old Navy store is in, I don't think I will. Eddie Bauers used to be a quality product at a reasonable price, but their quality seems to have gone all China since shortly after they wrecked their warranty.

I would have no problem with Costco jeans if they didn't look like something my grandfather would have worn in the mid 90s.

Levis? Aren't they a Walmart brand now?

I guess I don't really need jeans anymore. I have become a master at the polo shirt and pajama pants look these days.

3 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I don't think I've ever owned a piece of Old Navy clothing, and based on the neighborhood that the Old Navy store is in, I don't think I will. Eddie Bauers used to be a quality product at a reasonable price, but their quality seems to have gone all China since shortly after they wrecked their warranty.

I would have no problem with Costco jeans if they didn't look like something my grandfather would have worn in the mid 90s.

I guess I don't really need jeans anymore. I have become a master at the polo shirt and pajama pants look these days.

I'm having good luck with Gap jeans this year.   Quality seems high and prices aren't terrible.

17 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I have two pairs of flannel lined jeans by Eddie Bauer and the quality is great. So warm in the winter.

I have two pairs of flannel lined jeans by Eddie Bauer and the quality is great. So warm in the winter.

Flannel-lined jeans? Yuk!!!!!!

That sounds like something only CV would wear with his pink-flowered jacket.

Everything is a Walmart brand now. From Apple to Toshiba, everything is at Walmart.

But then if you can't afford Levi's it's understandable.

5 hours ago, PotO said:

Flannel-lined jeans? Yuk!!!!!! emoji2961.png

That sounds like something only CV would wear with his pink-flowered jacket.

It's not that thick of flannel fabric that is added to the inside of the jeans. Amazing just that added layer can keep one warm and cozy.

Come to think of it though, I haven't seen them online so maybe craftmanship is changing. If so, too bad because those jeans are a good fit too.