Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

I guess I'm in the category of as long as its a well behaved fur child and its outdoors, then let 'em. I'd rather see a well behaved four legged fur child than than wild two legged children running ar

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

It's December and that annoys me. I have a crapton of vacation time to use up, but I don't know how to do it. 

Someone needs a long weekend in Wahpeton.  

Edited by cv91915
1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I need a quieter dishwasher. I wonder how quickly I can get a Bosch 800 Series installed

we had to wait 8 weeks for it to get to our local dealer. install took less than an hour. this was a couple months ago so perhaps the logistical hiccups are over.

6 hours ago, hegemony said:

we had to wait 8 weeks for it to get to our local dealer. install took less than an hour. this was a couple months ago so perhaps the logistical hiccups are over.

I heard there is still a 2 months waiting period for most appliances. 

16 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I need a quieter dishwasher. I wonder how quickly I can get a Bosch 800 Series installed

If you are open to another brand, we have a Jenn Air trifecta that was installed in the new house.  It is by far the quietest dishwasher I have ever used.  I honestly can't even tell it is running when standing right next to it.

Edited by CTSoxFan

TADism of the day:

"Askim, it's my birthday.  For breakfast I'd like a cheese disc, a mushroom and feta omelette, one of those things you make when you weave bacon pieces together, and those potatoes that take you forever to make.  And don't cook the potatoes in a sh!tty air dryer [sic]."

11 hours ago, Krish said:

Yea I am hating it, but I know its not a great game, but missing some sitcoms bugs me

We're getting fooked out of ABC by the same issue. On the plus side, all we really watch on ABC are a couple of shows which we can stream from ABC directly, and Directv gave us a $20 credit for the hassle.

18 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Paying for AT&T Internet cable and not being able to get the CBS channel and missing a football game. 

WpuZjYP.jpg

I wanted to see the Alabama-LSU blowout just because...let's face it...who doesn't enjoy a good train wreck. 

For the NFL games, I knew I would be good with NFL RedZone which I get through Sling. 

As to other stuff that annoys me...what coach OTHER than a Jets coach would rush seven, put a spy on an immobile QB who might have 150 rushing yards in the past few seasons AND play three high, including single against one of the fastest men in the NFL?  With 15 seconds left.  With a snap from basically mid-field?  That one play illustrates perfectly that the Jets are in Tank for Trevor mode.

That being said...I took the Jets and the 8.5.  Also had Jags and 10 against the Vikings.  And Giants plus 10 against Seattle.

2 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

We're getting fooked out of ABC by the same issue. On the plus side, all we really watch on ABC are a couple of shows which we can stream from ABC directly, and Directv gave us a $20 credit for the hassle.

You should be able to do better...when I had an issue with DISH over a channel being dropped, I got a monthly credit AND a free movie channel family for the year. 

2 hours ago, centex said:

I wanted to see the Alabama-LSU blowout just because...let's face it...who doesn't enjoy a good train wreck. 

For the NFL games, I knew I would be good with NFL RedZone which I get through Sling. 

As to other stuff that annoys me...what coach OTHER than a Jets coach would rush seven, put a spy on an immobile QB who might have 150 rushing yards in the past few seasons AND play three high, including single against one of the fastest men in the NFL?  With 15 seconds left.  With a snap from basically mid-field?  That one play illustrates perfectly that the Jets are in Tank for Trevor mode.

That being said...I took the Jets and the 8.5.  Also had Jags and 10 against the Vikings.  And Giants plus 10 against Seattle.

I figured the Kansas City verses Broncos would be a blowout and not worth watching but the Broncos actually played a worth while game. They lost anyhow but still.

5 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I figured the Kansas City verses Broncos would be a blowout and not worth watching but the Broncos actually played a worth while game. They lost anyhow but still.

I wasn't sure if it would be in the train-wreck category or not...for two main reasons: the DEN QB situation and KC coasting as they prep for the stretch run.  The 14 point spread kept me off the game for contest purposes.  Fangio should STILL be fired when the season is over because this was a game DEN perhaps SHOULD have won as things played out...his decision-making is cringe-worthy.

8 hours ago, centex said:

You should be able to do better...when I had an issue with DISH over a channel being dropped, I got a monthly credit AND a free movie channel family for the year. 

I was happy with it considering it took 20 seconds and more importantly required no interaction with the mouth breathers they use for customer service...could I get more, maybe, but then I might actually have to do something.