Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

37 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I'm concerned that they aren't being honest with you.

It's a Honda self-propel. I know exactly which bracket they're talking about too. There's a belt that goes around the PTO shaft and back into the transmission that controls the forward motion, and a bracket that keeps this belt out of the way. It's getting caught on the belt when pulled backwards.

43 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

It's a Honda self-propel. I know exactly which bracket they're talking about too. There's a belt that goes around the PTO shaft and back into the transmission that controls the forward motion, and a bracket that keeps this belt out of the way. It's getting caught on the belt when pulled backwards.

You said push mower.

Now I'm wondering if you brought them a log splitter.

48 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

You said push mower.

Now I'm wondering if you brought them a log splitter.

If I said "mower that will take you for a brisk jog if you're not gentle with the lever" it wouldn't have made much sense.

1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I closed on a new home a little less than a month ago. On the day of closing, I brought my push mower to the shop because it didn't want to move in reverse: the rear wheels would get hung up on something. They said turn around time is about a week, OK fine. A week goes by...nothing. I call them and they say a bracket for the transmission belt is on order and it should be done soon. OK. Another week goes by and I call them, yes the part should be here soon. They'll call me. OK, meanwhile my grass is growing because we've had a lot of rain. Three weeks in and I call them yesterday...oh the part was on backorder and should be here in a week. I asked why none of this was communicated to me at any point in time over the past three weeks? Nothing. They're very sorry. They understand my concerns. Yada yada. So yesterday afternoon I dropped $675 down on a new push mower and I'll just sell the old one when I get it back. I was looking for a reason to upgrade anyway. 🤬

For less than $30, you could probably get a crew to come and mow your yard...

And...on the purchase...I believe the term you are fishing for is 'walk behind' mower ;)

(They really DID used to make mowers that looked like mowers but had no self-propel features...just an engine on a deck running the blade...or it you went old-school, the push mowers that were the reel blades).

Yeah, I gotta give grief...which I am sure is some of that other stuff that annoys you :D

If I said "mower that will take you for a brisk jog if you're not gentle with the lever" it wouldn't have made much sense.

It would have for all of us that have ever mowed our own lawns with a decent mower made in the last 35 years ;)

"Self-propelled" was too obvious?  😛   

49 minutes ago, centex said:

For less than $30, you could probably get a crew to come and mow your yard...

And...on the purchase...I believe the term you are fishing for is 'walk behind' mower ;)

(They really DID used to make mowers that looked like mowers but had no self-propel features...just an engine on a deck running the blade...or it you went old-school, the push mowers that were the reel blades).

Yeah, I gotta give grief...which I am sure is some of that other stuff that annoys you :D

I thought about that, but I DID want a new mower. I'll sell my old one, and my Cub Cadet, and end up ahead anyway. I have zero use for a 50" rider at this place. Other people in the neighborhood have riders, but they look ridiculous. I don't have two acres anymore, only 1/3, so it takes barely any time to mow and trim. I do need a leaf blower though. Home Depot has a what looks to be a nice battery leaf blower/trimmer combo kit by Ryobi that I may look into.

On 8/3/2020 at 6:38 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Good one.

Reminds me of a used cherry jam jar I saved from Marshall's. I liked the charming artwork so much I kept it and put binder clips in it.

I save ALL the glass jars for purposes of hexing.

I must have said something unintentional in a recent meeting, because suddenly everyone is seeking my approval before making even microscopic decisions.

I rely on people great people that I trust, and I just want to be left alone.

43 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

I must have said something unintentional in a recent meeting, because suddenly everyone is seeking my approval before making even microscopic decisions.

Hang in there CV. 

Don't know if this was mentioned before (and sure as hell not combing through 398 pages to verify) but since it happened today...

people that use "mute" when the word is "moot".

That is all.

2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Throw them off the roof.

14 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Have any of your hexes panned out?

I applied clear nail polish to the jar label to preserve it.

Typically my benevolent efforts have more impact, and overall it seems to be that anyone who truly warrants a "back atcha" is pretty good at self-hexing. That said, my hotfooting efforts have to date not yielded benefit.

Perhaps my appeals exacerbate or hasten their self-induced difficulties. I did deviate from a protective and baneful direction once with a particularly intransigent person, and opted to do a sweetening jar instead. It smashed and broke everywhere, and when I sought counsel, all anyone said was "that person must be a major a******." 🙃 So that sort of advised me to just focus on protective efforts. 

Now and again I do some smoke cleansing with an exceptionally inoffensive substance, and the primary person who I aim to keep at a distance cries that it makes them sick, which is amusing because that's kind of like "that holy water is burning my skin." 

But I will say Saint Expedite (I'm an atheist, it's weird) comes through every time you ask. But part of the deal is you have to give him poundcake and roses after, and you have to tell everyone how great he is (which he is). Just last week I had a minor matter with which to dispatch, one that was resistant to my efforts and delayed from December due to the coronavirus. 

I reached out to Expedite, and a judge pushed it through over the phone the next day in five minutes. All resistance from the other party was gone, versus a week earlier when they were dragging it out. It just poof disappeared after months of hassle. :)

ETA: 

3 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Throw them off the roof.

The least subtle of hexes.

Edited by smartlypretty

8 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I can relate.

16 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Don't know if this was mentioned before (and sure as hell not combing through 398 pages to verify) but since it happened today...

people that use "mute" when the word is "moot".

That is all.

I'm pretty sure I've been guilty of this but after reading your post I will never do it again. 😬 

Edited by StarkRaven$