Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

52 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

That's called "mama birding."

Reminds me of Larson's children's book, "There's a Hair in my Dirt".

Posted (edited)

Facebook keeps showing me ads for articles in Floor Covering News

Edited by cv91915

Words I never thought I'd say:

"Are you really taking Oreos and sunflower seeds into the bathroom with you?"

12 hours ago, smartlypretty said:

Motion to permanently retire the phrase "play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

Motion denied. I keep this one close at hand because there are so many stupid people who seem utterly baffled by the outcome of their stupidity.

Bought new home. Almost settled. I went to install a ceiling fan in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs and I always use a ceiling anchor that expands between the joists to secure the box for the weight of a fan. It's never been a problem in maybe 10 fan installs. However in this house, I can't find the freaking joist. I threw a remodel box up there to at least get the light up but now I've watched far too much Holmes Inspection and I'm worried a disturbed the insulation in the attic. 🤬

44 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Motion denied. I keep this one close at hand because there are so many stupid people who seem utterly baffled by the outcome of their stupidity.

In the work I do I can't slip into this mindset or it will come out in my work. Luckily, I'm pretty patient, but when we do it gets ugly and unpleasant.

It was the thing the person to whom I owe my career insisted I follow and I do. No question, no matter how obvious or "stupid" can be mocked. 

16 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Bought new home. Almost settled. I went to install a ceiling fan in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs and I always use a ceiling anchor that expands between the joists to secure the box for the weight of a fan. It's never been a problem in maybe 10 fan installs. However in this house, I can't find the freaking joist. I threw a remodel box up there to at least get the light up but now I've watched far too much Holmes Inspection and I'm worried a disturbed the insulation in the attic. 🤬

Would you try to remove your own tonsils?

19 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

If it is upstairs, can you not get above it from the attic? 

The ball stickage is too damn high.

I'm seriously considering putting in for a transfer to the northern most spot in Siberia.

17 hours ago, TheVig said:

The ball stickage is too damn high.

I'm seriously considering putting in for a transfer to the northern most spot in Siberia.

Gold Bond, yo. Blue or green bottle. It's like Halls for your balls.

Procurement managers. Aka bean counters.

One of the favorite things about my job, is I get to tell them that we are in business because we make a profit. 

3 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

1.5 hours on a call with my boss and I feel like I ran a marathon. I can't imagine being so high-strung.

My dad is like this, and people who sap your day's energy just by existing drive me out of my mind. 

If you're going to post a tl;dr summary of your comments, address that first.

It makes no sense to add this after your 44,000-word wall of text.  

I closed on a new home a little less than a month ago. On the day of closing, I brought my push mower to the shop because it didn't want to move in reverse: the rear wheels would get hung up on something. They said turn around time is about a week, OK fine. A week goes by...nothing. I call them and they say a bracket for the transmission belt is on order and it should be done soon. OK. Another week goes by and I call them, yes the part should be here soon. They'll call me. OK, meanwhile my grass is growing because we've had a lot of rain. Three weeks in and I call them yesterday...oh the part was on backorder and should be here in a week. I asked why none of this was communicated to me at any point in time over the past three weeks? Nothing. They're very sorry. They understand my concerns. Yada yada. So yesterday afternoon I dropped $675 down on a new push mower and I'll just sell the old one when I get it back. I was looking for a reason to upgrade anyway. 🤬

push mower

bracket for the transmission belt

I'm concerned that they aren't being honest with you.