Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

15 hours ago, Pam said:

I have a dog with epilepsy.  He has his own neurologist. :swoon:  

I belong to a dog who was diagnosed with lymphoma the first week of December, and given about 3 weeks to live.  She's snoring on the couch next to me. :dntknw:   She responded really well to the prednisone and I am grateful for every moment that I've had past Christmas.  Last Friday they called to say that the cancer had moved to her bones. 

I've spent $300,000 in the past year on these two. I am insanely jealous of a non-profit animal clinic.

Our Golden likely had liver cancer. Vet couldn't see it on the x-ray or ultrasound but suspected it was multiple small tumors on the internals of the liver. Her blood work and liver enzymes were off the charts bad. I thought we would just bring her home, make her comfortable and let her pass peacefully. DW decided she just wanted to let her go and had her euthanized.

We spent about $4-5K in the past six months between vet visits, nutritional supplements, and DW's d@mned phoney baloney essential oils.

14 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

This has to be a typo...or Pam is a supreme baller!

I love my dog like no other.  He has had a leg surgery,  a bad back as well as having to deal with cancer.  He takes 3 pills daily as well as eye drops.  However he is a wonderful dog and I couldn't imagine not having him around and I have spent well over $10K in the past 2 years dealing with his medical issues.  Every time we walk into the office it is $400

That was in response to CV's post right above mine that said that the vet visit would have cost him $300,000 at his neighborhood vet.

Epilepsy dog takes 17 pills a day.  Yeah, I know.

Every emergency neuro visit is $1K walking in the door. 😕 We've gotten so good at dealing with the seizures over the past two years that now we only take him in when we get uncomfortable (he has a tendency to cluster grand mal seizures) and we can't get them under control.  Meds run about $200 per month.  

But he is seriously the sweetest doggo in the world.  He's 70 lbs, and he spent three hours protecting a baby squirrel from our other two dogs until he could convince me to walk to that spot in the yard.  He's got the best heart. So we'll do what we can for a while longer.  DH is his human.

Cancer dog ... well, she's on the last of her 9 lives.  She's been through the wringer and always bounces back.  And she has my heart.  I am her human, when I am home she is glued to my side.  I'm not doing so well with the thought of her not being around 😭

9 hours ago, Pam said:

doggo

I have learned not to bother with logic or reason with anyone who uses this word.  ;)  

House hunting. Every one I find, has one thing that keeps it from being perfect. Or, it has $7000-8000 in taxes. How hard is it to remove tile flooring from a concrete basement floor? 😒

5 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

House hunting. Every one I find, has one thing that keeps it from being perfect. Or, it has $7000-8000 in taxes. How hard is it to remove tile flooring from a concrete basement floor? 😒

$7-8K in back taxes owed or an annual bill in that range?  If it is just the annual bill, I would LOVE to have one that low...I still remember the tear-down next door to me in the Austin area that had an annual bill of about $18K the first year a post-construction bill came due.  And that was in a district with a total of less than two bucks per hundred in valuation. 

2 minutes ago, centex said:

$7-8K in back taxes owed or an annual bill in that range?  If it is just the annual bill, I would LOVE to have one that low...I still remember the tear-down next door to me in the Austin area that had an annual bill of about $18K the first year a post-construction bill came due.  And that was in a district with a total of less than two bucks per hundred in valuation. 

Annual bill. Texas property taxes are crazy, don't compare them to here. 🤣 You're lucky down there by having more inexpensive housing prices. I remember when my aunt and uncle built their McMansion in Sugar Land. $340K built a palace. Here, it builds you a basic home with an unfinished basement. 😒

3 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Annual bill. Texas property taxes are crazy, don't compare them to here. 🤣 You're lucky down there by having more inexpensive housing prices. I remember when my aunt and uncle built their McMansion in Sugar Land. $340K built a palace. Here, it builds you a basic home with an unfinished basement. 😒

But....you GET a basement.  Construction basically AT sea level does not permit that to occur.  Instead, we have to cram a bunch of crap into the garage or lug it to the attic using those flimsy pull-down stairs ;)

1 hour ago, centex said:

But....you GET a basement.  Construction basically AT sea level does not permit that to occur.  Instead, we have to cram a bunch of crap into the garage or lug it to the attic using those flimsy pull-down stairs ;)

Basements aren't for storage! They're for theatre rooms and pool tables and guest bedrooms! 

If you live in Tornado Alley basements are prime. I remember going into a storm cellar in Altus, OK during a tornado. There was a door on the ground in the backyard that we step down into.

28 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Royal Pains was pulled off Netflix last night and I just found out Mad Men is leaving on June 10th. It's a shameful, shameful day!

The took The OA but I am still half convinced it's part of an AR game like the plot :D I cannot bear to lose that show!

In addition to leading the church, he is a professional magician and formerly performed as a clown named Clinky.

Journalism only @cv91915 can appreciate...

Edited by hegemony

Dear Yelp,

I can't thank you enough for the filter options on your search results page.

It's critically important when choosing a residential window cleaning service that I can walk (or bike!) to the business's location.

Love,

Me

8 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Dear Yelp,

I can't thank you enough for the filter options on your search results page.

It's critically important when choosing a residential window cleaning service that I can walk (or bike!) to the business's location.

Love,

Me

I'm also looking for a place that doesn't use the word "green" 363 times in its service description.

Against my best instincts I made the mistake of excusing this once before, and it looked like the guy tried cleaning my glass with mayonnaise.

Please bring ammonia or lye or sulfuric acid, or whatever substances are necessary to get the job done. 

Being told at Walgreens if I do not hand over my DL so they can scan it I will not be able to buy a bottle of wine. Especially annoying when I have shopped there zillon of times, I'm clearly over 60 years ago and the employee has rung me up at the register for over 10 years.

I told them in the past they can look at my DL from my wallet to record DOB but I do not want my DL scanned. 

Haven't been back to Walgreens since and have not had this issue anywhere else...so far.

Edited by creditmaze

44 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Being told at Walgreens if I do not hand over my DL so they can scan it I will not be able to buy a bottle of wine. Especially annoying when I have shopped there zillon of times, I'm clearly over 60 years ago and the employee has rung me up at the register for over 10 years.

I told them in the past they can look at my DL from my wallet to record DOB but I do not want my DL scanned. 

Haven't been back to Walgreens since and have not had this issue anywhere else...so far.

ok but you look about 28 in your pfp :)

I just had to replace my DL because a big box store asked for it, didn't give it back, and now denies that it's mandatory. They also told me to come pick up an order, canceled it when I got there, and then gave me back a freaking GC. I just re-disputed it with the CI because the processor said it was ineligible. 

TBH I feel like companies are really out here wilding with charges because they know it's a weird situation and most people won't argue. Did I already link this? 

mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-update-on-the-grocery-delivery-weve-fooled-you-into-expecting

38 minutes ago, smartlypretty said:

ok but you look about 28 in your pfp :)

I just had to replace my DL because a big box store asked for it, didn't give it back, and now denies that it's mandatory. They also told me to come pick up an order, canceled it when I got there, and then gave me back a freaking GC. I just re-disputed it with the CI because the processor said it was ineligible. 

TBH I feel like companies are really out here wilding with charges because they know it's a weird situation and most people won't argue. Did I already link this? 

mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-update-on-the-grocery-delivery-weve-fooled-you-into-expecting

Thanks but I have been given senior discounts by clerks that didn't know me or without me asking for one. Up close my age is apparent but here's the thing; I like my age and it doesn't hold me back.