cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

Today instead of emailing out one of my usual one liners, I decided to tweak and further identify the hand sanitizer crowd in the organization that gets all their medical advice from Karen.

"For those worried about coronavirus, did you know that polio outbreaks still happen?"

Our IT security department was pleased to see folks using google for something other than coronavirus research for a brief period of time today.

HR decided to get in on the fun. Sent out a memo that our health insurance doesn't cover the cost of iron lungs.

I'm so proud of my niece right now. She sure knows what questions to ask.

Her school had a program today on human trafficking. This also involved a Q&A.

"What do we do when we identify the trafficking as consensual?"

8 hours ago, TheVig said:

I'm so proud of my niece right now. She sure knows what questions to ask.

Her school had a program today on human trafficking. This also involved a Q&A.

"What do we do when we identify the trafficking as consensual?"

Q.  What do we do when we identify the trafficking as consensual?

A.  Tell the Arkansas police to take a break and go back to Dunkin' Donuts. 

We have a crisis at our house.

The WiFi cameras in the two birdhouses in the back yard can no longer connect to WiFi.

Therefore the birdhouses cannot be monitored from the dedicated tablet we have for this purpose.

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

The WiFi cameras in the two birdhouses in the back yard can no longer connect to WiFi.

Therefore the birdhouses cannot be monitored from the dedicated tablet we have for this purpose.

Would this be in Mudville or SAN? If its Mudville can't TAD fix it?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cv91915 said:

We have, undoubtedly, entered Peak 1st World problems... Yup. For sure.

1st World solution? Throw EVERYTHING away [literally, into the household waste bin with that kit] and buy new, unproven, bleeding edge. Yup. Most definitely the only civilized fix. 

the-car-is-ruined.jpg

Edited by w00t
OCD is a bitch

1 hour ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Would this be in Mudville or SAN? If its Mudville can't TAD fix it?

These are mud cams, and I assure you that I had nothing to do with them...  and this is not a streak I'm going to break.

Are these decorative birdhouses meant to conceal the cams as part of a surreptitious scheme or are you dedicated to observing the chicks breaking out of the eggs audubon style ( I assume the former ). How the heck did you wire the stinking cams up in birdhouses/feeders/ whatnot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, mizliz1011 said:

Are these decorative birdhouses meant to conceal the cams as part of a surreptitious scheme or are you dedicated to observing the chicks breaking out of the eggs audubon style ( I assume the former ). How the heck did you wire the stinking cams up in birdhouses/feeders/ whatnot?

The latter. 

These are basically avian voyeur cams inside the birdhouses.  They're even motion-activated, and record all of the salacious, intimate details of the inhabitants' daily lives. 

It's like Real Housebirds of Mudland Hills.

The poles retract, which is how he got the cameras in there.  This is the second pair of these devices (the first ones were way too cheap and only lasted one winter; these are on year two). 

Normally I would call this a complete waste of money, but for perspective, the last time he used his credit card was February 10, so he's pretty low maintenance overall.

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

The latter. 

These are basically avian voyeur cams inside the birdhouses.  They're even motion-activated, and record all of the salacious, intimate details of the inhabitants' daily lives. 

It's like Real Housebirds of Mudland Hills.

The poles retract, which is how he got the cameras in there.  This is the second pair of these devices (the first ones were way too cheap and only lasted one winter; these are on year two). 

Normally I would call this a complete waste of money, but for perspective, the last time he used his credit card was February 10, so he's pretty low maintenance overall.

A.  The bird sex inspires his sex with you; or

B.  The bird sex is more satisfying to him than his sex with you.

Pick one.  

17 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Do you watch this as you knit some underthings?

2 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Do you watch this as you choke the chicken?

FTFY. ;)

Woke up this morning to a mass internal email regarding how we are to handle customers questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.

Our in house legal counsel has set up a email box where customers can fire away with their questions. We are to stand our ground and not answer their questions directly. Simply refer them to call or email. Period.

Fun times.

5 hours ago, TheVig said:

Woke up this morning to a mass internal email regarding how we are to handle customers questions and concerns regarding COVID-19.

Our in house legal counsel has set up a email box where customers can fire away with their questions. We are to stand our ground and not answer their questions directly. Simply refer them to call or email. Period.

Fun times.

sounds like the national strategy. :lol:

5 hours ago, TheVig said:

Fun times.

Avoid and obfuscate...a strategy that has been successful for decades LOL!

a lot of universities have moved instruction online. we've been told it is at our discretion but that there is no staffing to help with migrating to the online platform. I have colleagues who barely use email... WTF are they going to do when they have to teach online? SMFH

2 hours ago, hegemony said:

a lot of universities have moved instruction online. we've been told it is at our discretion but that there is no staffing to help with migrating to the online platform. I have colleagues who barely use email... WTF are they going to do when they have to teach online? SMFH

Sounds like students will be graded in the same way that the athletes were...you were on the roster?  OK, here's a grade. 

1 hour ago, centex said:

Sounds like students will be graded in the same way that the athletes were...you were on the roster?  OK, here's a grade. 

same as it ever was

9 hours ago, hegemony said:

You are lucky it's at your discretion.  At U. Texas @ Austin and Perdue you'd have no choice.  

38 minutes ago, PotO said:

You are lucky it's at your discretion.  At U. Texas @ Austin and Perdue you'd have no choice.  

I plan to hold my classes from Larry Flint's lounge. All are welcome