cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

1 hour ago, TheVig said:

Is there anything more douchey on YouTube than CC unboxing videos?

... CC unboxing on a Summers Eve perhaps?

I woke up this morning feeling more chipper than usual. Then went to hell from there..... 

Arrive at a customer site, walk in the door at 7am, and this was blasting at volume 11 through the speakers throughout the building.

3 hours ago, TheVig said:

I woke up this morning feeling more chipper than usual. Then went to hell from there..... 

Arrive at a customer site, walk in the door at 7am, and this was blasting at volume 11 through the speakers throughout the building.

I wish to dedicate this song to my special friend, Hege.

4 hours ago, Kat58 said:

I wish to dedicate this song to my special friend, Hege.

Well, Hege, it's clear she has the hots for you.  Drop your drawers and let her have a ride on the wild side.  Your child will be cute.  

12 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I would like to thank @centex for the wonderful 40 degree cold rain I experienced this week in Austin. Of course today as I left it got nice and sunny there.

We do our part to make sure people don't get spoiled :) 

On 2/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, TheVig said:

Arrive at a customer site, walk in the door at 7am, and this was blasting at volume 11 through the speakers throughout the building ...

"One man's medicine ..."

Lots of nostalgia for me there.  1982 saw my return to Michigan from Pennsylvania, residing a stone's throw from where my future wife was now attending school at U-M.  (we met in HS in 1977 in our hometown in N. Mich.)

When we met up again, not having seen each other in two years, she didn't alert me in advance that half her hair had been shaved, the other half spiked.  A lot of post-punk / new wave defined the background of a 6-mo renewed friendship before I returned to PA.  (Michigan was in the pits in 1982 -- "last one to leave please turn the lights off', while the Philly economy was on a tear.  She followed, 3 years later).

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.

Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.

I let her spill her guts. When she finally came up for air, I gave her a few bullet points.

Ma'am, my employer has a clear understanding of the following:

1. The customer is not always right.

2. Not everyone needs to be our customer.

3. Here is the proof your 3rd world ran IT dept fooked up again.

4. Somebody lit the fuse on your tampon, and you know it wasn't us.

5. You have the next move. What do you want to do?

At that point, I figured it would be best to activate my resume on all the job websites.

But, nooooooo. She calls my employer. Talks to those who are several pay grades above me. Proceeds to let them know, that I am to be the point man, on every project we have going on with her. That VIG is a solid decision maker. Knows how to make a team get results.

An hour later, I get a call from my higher ups. Hey Vig! Not sure how or what you did, considering you are not in sales. But she just sent over a signed purchase order for about a half million dollars worth of stuff.

With that said, she is eating out my hand, and my employer is giving me a piece of that sale.

I'm a lucky bastid.

44 minutes ago, TheVig said:

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.

Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.

I let her spill her guts. When she finally came up for air, I gave her a few bullet points.

Ma'am, my employer has a clear understanding of the following:

1. The customer is not always right.

2. Not everyone needs to be our customer.

3. Here is the proof your 3rd world ran IT dept fooked up again.

4. Somebody lit the fuse on your tampon, and you know it wasn't us.

5. You have the next move. What do you want to do?

At that point, I figured it would be best to activate my resume on all the job websites.

But, nooooooo. She calls my employer. Talks to those who are several pay grades above me. Proceeds to let them know, that I am to be the point man, on every project we have going on with her. That VIG is a solid decision maker. Knows how to make a team get results.

An hour later, I get a call from my higher ups. Hey Vig! Not sure how or what you did, considering you are not in sales. But she just sent over a signed purchase order for about a half million dollars worth of stuff.

With that said, she is eating out my hand, and my employer is giving me a piece of that sale.

I'm a lucky bastid.

honesty makes a difference especially when dealing with people who expect you to blow smoke up their arrsses. nice!

Every incident such as this preserves one's faith the the next person you encounter may have a perspective on the world that extends beyond the tip of their nose ...

... oh, and I guess this forum isn't the only place your brilliance shines :good:

2 hours ago, hdporter said:

Every incident such as this preserves one's faith the the next person you encounter may have a perspective on the world that extends beyond the tip of their nose ...

... oh, and I guess this forum isn't the only place your brilliance shines :good:

Yeah, I don't play well with people who don't venture out past their front yard. 

Needless to say, I developed a disdain for Olive Garden in my childhood. 

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

"I'd like to remind you that I am the young, hot thing in this house."

-- TAD, 2/21/20

Did he catch you with Pablo?

49 minutes ago, TheVig said:

Did he catch you with Pablo?

No, I don't even remember what we were talking about.

And I never said he was wrong.  😛 

On 2/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

For some reason, I picture you two as the couple in Modern Family, only he's....male.

Actually CV is the chunkier of the two, I would picture TAD as the bearded one, only substitute middle eastern black hair for the red

5 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Actually CV is the chunkier of the two, I would picture TAD as the bearded one, only substitute middle eastern black hair for the red

I was talking about Sofia Vergara and...the guy from Married With Children. TAD would be the male version of Sofia 🤣