cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

On 11/23/2019 at 1:20 PM, hegemony said:

food bloggers who claim it is their job.

fat food bloggers who claim it is their job.

At least if they are fat, you may be able to presume they take their job seriously LOL!

42 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Has anyone mentioned Dilbertesque work phrases such as "High Performing Employees" or "High Performance Workplace" ??

how about the Director of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity... DIE.

Fire alarms went off at work this morning. I grabbed my coat and laptop, but forgot my coffee. Standing outside was cold. Turns out it was just a faulty sensor. I am having the hardest time warming up.

I ordered custom plates in October. They were due Dec 1st. They didn't send them until Nov 27. I still haven't gotten them 🤬

17 hours ago, hegemony said:

how about the Director of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity... DIE.

Diversity - okay

Inclusion - goes part in parcel with Diversity

Equity - so this part of the job ensures everyone isn't underwater on their home mortgage?

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Fully 40% of the people in boarding group 9 are wearing sweat pants.

That was MUD-DFW.

Group 9 on DFW-SAN appears to be at least 20% sweatshirts with Christmas motifs.  In second place are college athletic jerseys.  

Also a disproportionate number of HAMs on this flight.  ❤️ 

Edited by cv91915

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

That was MUD-DFW.

Group 9 on DFW-SAN appears to be at least 20% sweatshirts with Christmas motifs.  In second place are college athletic jerseys.  

Also a disproportionate number of HAMs on this flight.  ❤️ 

Were you the only one in that Richard-Simmons-reject pink-flowered jacket? 

Most DHSs do love HAMs.

Edited by PotO

4 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

This new KFC commercial spoofing Ghost for chicken and waffles

Just stop it with this Col. Sanders and Mrs. Butterworth nonsense.

Well, since I've never seen this commercial, I had to go find it... 😂

38 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

Well, since I've never seen this commercial, I had to go find it... 😂

Thank you.  

10 ...

9 ...

8 ...

7 ...

Only a few moments left until SJWs start crying / trying to sue Colonel Sanders.  

I put in an application for vanity plates in with my renewal back in October. The check was deposited 11/15. I called Friday 11/29 and the person I spoke with said they were sent 11/26. I STILL DON'T HAVE PLATES. 🤬 Since I had to do everything snail mail, I don't even have conforming confirmation (and even if I did, it would have expired by now). C'mon, we're not Minnesota with their MNLARS system that takes 18 months to renew your plates! I opened up a missing mail ticket with USPS (fat chance!) and sent a message to the state. I just want to drive legally again.

22 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I put in an application for vanity plates in with my renewal back in October. The check was deposited 11/15. I called Friday 11/29 and the person I spoke with said they were sent 11/26. I STILL DON'T HAVE PLATES. 🤬 Since I had to do everything snail mail, I don't even have conforming confirmation (and even if I did, it would have expired by now). C'mon, we're not Minnesota with their MNLARS system that takes 18 months to renew your plates! I opened up a missing mail ticket with USPS (fat chance!) and sent a message to the state. I just want to drive legally again.

Did your motor vehicles department give you a temporary paper plate to put in the window until your plates arrive in the mail?

20 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Did your motor vehicles department give you a temporary paper plate to put in the window until your plates arrive in the mail?

Nope, because it was done through snail mail since I was changing to custom plates. Normally it takes a week or two tops for this process. I could possibly go to the motor vehicle office and see if I can get something temp.

Not a good time of the year for ANYTHING being sent through the USPS. 

I had problems with a regular set of plates a few years ago because the clear window on the envelope was showing the residential address and NOT the actual mailing address...created a major issue since there is NO mail receptacle at the residential address.  Took about a month for the County to finally get me replacement plates...

Of course, speaking of plates, there was also the fun of retrieving them from my PO Box...the envelope slid in find from the USPS side of the box, but because of the design of the box, they didn't want to come out on the customer side.  Fortunately I had gone in during business hours...

They emailed me a PDF with a temp tap to print off and said to let them know if I haven't seen them after four weeks. 😐

At least I have SOMETHING to show I did my part.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, hegemony said:

commercial for "poshmark" claiming "I made $10,000 selling my stuff on poshmark"

yah well you spent 40k on your aspirational brands to fill you closet you moron.

Poshmark commercials are high on my list of grievances. Also Daily Harvest. Oh, you're making a smoothie! Wow. 😐 Oh, and The Mirror. That has to be the creepiest piece of "exercise equipment."