Jump to content

cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

TV-B-Gone: Admirals Club Edition

 

LUEcV8y.jpg

fyhjMYT.jpg

Have some fun with that device. Go to all of the Airport gate status monitors and shut them off. Then sit back and watch the pandemonium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Have some fun with that device. Go to all of the Airport gate status monitors and shut them off. Then sit back and watch the pandemonium.

I vote this for idea of the year.  That would be AMAZING, I'd love to watch a video of it! (although it might get you in hot water with the authorities...they'd figure out something to charge you with).

 

Less fun, but still entertaining...wait till someone is watching and discretely turn it off.  Rinse and repeat.  Hopefully they get a staff member to come investigate the "problem", and you can trap more unsuspecting dolts.

Edited by CTSoxFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

I vote this for idea of the year.  That would be AMAZING, I'd love to watch a video of it! (although it might get you in hot water with the authorities...they'd figure out something to charge you with).

 

Less fun, but still entertaining...wait till someone is watching and discretely turn it off.  Rinse and repeat.  Hopefully they get a staff member to come investigate the "problem", and you can trap more unsuspecting dolts.

As many times as I've seen the BSOD on a gate monitor at IND, you could probably get away with this for quite a while. If you were to sit in a seat and watch, you could turn it off, then when someone in charge shows up to investigate - turn it back on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Have some fun with that device. Go to all of the Airport gate status monitors and shut them off. Then sit back and watch the pandemonium.

I was at a conference a couple of years ago, where the hotel used LCD TVs above the doors to display the names of the ballrooms.

 

During a break I shut them all off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

I was at a conference a couple of years ago, where the hotel used LCD TVs above the doors to display the names of the ballrooms.

 

During a break I shut them all off.

you are my hero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear the cleaning people make a game out of where they place my trashcan and recycle bin in my office. They're in different spots every single morning when I walk in. I'd make a note with instructions if I believed they could read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I swear the cleaning people make a game out of where they place my trashcan and recycle bin in my office. They're in different spots every single morning when I walk in. I'd make a note with instructions if I believed they could read.

I had a similar issue with the cleaning crew tossing my large styrofoam cup that I used for the water cooler.  I finally had one our Spanish speakers write on the cup, in Spanish, that it was not trash and not to throw it away. 

 

The cup has remained in place since that time. 

 

I was actually even more frustrated by the fact that they were removing stuff from my desk in the first place.  I also had to give specific instructions for them to NOT touch ANYTHING on the desk.  They had a tendency to screw my monitor up and leave streaks on it when they were trying to wipe it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a verbal altercation in the Vons parking lot.

 

An enormous woman in a filthy SUV drove through a stop sign in order to cut me off, just so she could yell out her window at me for driving too fast.

 

I yelled back, "You're f--g hot."

 

 

Edited by cv91915

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      176,873
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    wandasoto
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines