Jump to content

cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

Recommended Posts

Saw on "Good Bones" (two ladies here in Indy that flip houses in gentrifying neighborhoods) they found a hidey-hole in a back bedroom. Considering the neighborhood they were in and the condition of the house, I'd say it was their *ahem* "inventory of goods to be sold".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I want to take next Friday off, but it's the beginning of a new fiscal year and that may be hell 🤬

This is the first time in the last 4 years I will be able to actually have the 4th (and this year the 5th) off.  My last two companies were June 30th year end and we were buried in year end closing the books so there was no holiday to be had.  Thankfully I am now at a company with a Dec 31 year end so I can enjoy the 4 day weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doesn't seem like it is a law in all 50 specifically when raining, but rather determined by visibility.
 
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headlight-use/


Newer vehicles come with daytime running lights (DRLs) and auto on head lights. DRLs should be enough for rainy and day time low visibility conditions.

I think a few states have “vipers on, lights on” laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

This is the first time in the last 4 years I will be able to actually have the 4th (and this year the 5th) off.  My last two companies were June 30th year end and we were buried in year end closing the books so there was no holiday to be had.  Thankfully I am now at a company with a Dec 31 year end so I can enjoy the 4 day weekend.

I must be the lucky one - nearly every company I've worked for does a calendar year for fiscal year, granted I don't work in accounting but usually projects were funded early in the fiscal years so spring and early summer were busy. So exactly what is the advantage for a business to use a mid-calendar year fiscal year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, credit_help said:

 


Newer vehicles come with daytime running lights (DRLs) and auto on head lights. DRLs should be enough for rainy and day time low visibility conditions.

I think a few states have “vipers on, lights on” laws.

 

DRLs don't illuminate your tail lamps, so no, they're not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

I must be the lucky one - nearly every company I've worked for does a calendar year for fiscal year, granted I don't work in accounting but usually projects were funded early in the fiscal years so spring and early summer were busy. So exactly what is the advantage for a business to use a mid-calendar year fiscal year?

There is no advantage to it, just a lot of companies like to time it with their business cycles.  For example, a lot of retailers are December 31 because they want Q4 (with the holidays) to be their biggest quarter.   Apple on the other hand has a September 30th year-end making Q1 their biggest quarter.  Personally, I think this is smart, because if your biggest quarter is stronger/weaker than projected you have 9 months to adjust your plans.  If you are banking on the strong Q4 and it falls short, you're then out of time to do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Received my "final" AT&T Wireless bill - for 42 cents. All of which is taxes and below-the-line AT&T fees.

Did you switch carriers, or are you planning to just fax everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Did you switch carriers, or are you planning to just fax everyone?

Switched carriers. New $DAYJOB has an employee program where I get a little bit of a discount on Verizon on DW's phone, mine is now paid for by the company.

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Any one or any thing who uses the phrase "clap back" in any form is automatically labeled mentally deficient. Our culture is devolving. 

I reserve the same consternation for anyone who requests a shout out for anything or anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I get a shout out for CV for expressing their consternation about the use of the phrase 'clap back'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Any one or any thing who uses the phrase "clap back" in any form is automatically labeled mentally deficient. Our culture is devolving. 

Sounds like a periodic STD ...

 

"Hey man, wanna get it on with the ladies tonight?"

"Nah man, got the clap back"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Woman Woke Up Weeks After Fatal Crash"

"Don't Ever Feed This Human Meat To Your Dog"

 

Does anyone ever click those?  They don't even make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no need to type "Thanks" in your email reply if your auto signature already says something like this:

 

Thanks,

Jonathon M. Dildo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no orange juice in the fridge at work this morning so I had to grab a Mountain Dew.

 

Then someone brought doughnuts. I'll be on a sugar high all morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

There is no need to type "Thanks" in your email reply if your auto signature already says something like this:

 

Thanks,

Jonathon M. Dildo

Tell that to my boss, thanks.

 

 

~*~Thank you~*~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

There is no need to type "Thanks" in your email reply if your auto signature already says something like this:

 

Thanks,

Jonathon M. Dildo

I laugh every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

There is no need to type "Thanks" in your email reply if your auto signature already says something like this:

 

Thanks,

Jonathon M. Dildo

There's a few in the office that do that. Ironically, two of them were downsized last Friday. Thing is, you see your signature in the email composure window (if you use outlook) and you know its there.

 

Even more annoying is the email server automatically inserts this full page legal document text as a "disclaimer" to all outgoing emails to external recipients - that's really not the annoying part. What is annoying is those who reply with quotes and don't trim off the disclaimer. After a few back-and-forths with external persons, there's more disclaimer than actual email content in the email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

There was no orange juice in the fridge at work this morning so I had to grab a Mountain Dew.

 

Then someone brought doughnuts. I'll be on a sugar high all morning.

do-you-want-diabeetus-cos-thats-how-you-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 10:35 AM, cv91915 said:

There is no need to type "Thanks" in your email reply if your auto signature already says something like this:

 

Thanks,

Jonathon M. Dildo

Your auto signature should never include a closer like that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pam said:

Your auto signature should never include a closer like that.

 

 

mine says:

 

"this email may or may not have been produced by a bot. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Today's Birthdays

    No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      177,629
    • Most Online
      1,528

    Newest Member
    HankHome1016
    Joined

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines