cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

2 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I'm assuming you mean Subaru. Fun fact: Subaru buyers tend to have the best credit and highest incomes among mainstream brands, and is higher than some luxury brands. They also have the highest percentage of people who just pay cash. Their demographics are interesting.

There are also some other fun "facts*" about them that I can't share lest I violate the board TOS.

*Not actual facts but it certainly seems like they apply to all Subaru drivers...

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

There are also some other fun "facts*" about them that I can't share lest I violate the board TOS.

*Not actual facts but it certainly seems like they apply to all Subaru drivers...

There are two very distinct types: flat billers, and normal people. I think the only universal car rule is that all Nissan people drive like utter turd cutters.

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 11:49 AM, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I'm assuming you mean Subaru. Fun fact: Subaru buyers tend to have the best credit and highest incomes among mainstream brands, and is higher than some luxury brands. They also have the highest percentage of people who just pay cash. Their demographics are interesting.

Aren't they the #1 car brand among the LGBPQRTUVWXYZ?

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

Please share. Are they facts or opinions? :-) You are a mod.

I have a Forester.

22 minutes ago, credit_help said:

Please share. Are they facts or opinions? 🙂 You are a mod.

I have a Forester.

They seem to be a favorite among ugly women who only wear Birkenstocks

12 hours ago, credit_help said:

Please share. Are they facts or opinions? 🙂 You are a mod.

It's because of this that I don't share...someone needs to be adult around here  :)

However, I think the peanut gallery is doing a good job.

12 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Aren't they the #1 car brand among the LGBPQRTUVWXYZ?

In all honesty, I believe that's Jeep. Those Wranglers have a following...

Subaru was, however, the first to target them by advertising in a gay magazine. Subarus today are the Volvo of the 90s.

It's been at least a year since I recall seeing anyone on Facebook handwringing about bullying.

Another insidious problem solved by social media.

Nice work, everyone!

It's been at least a year since I recall seeing anyone on Facebook handwringing about bullying.

Another insidious problem solved by social media.

Nice work, everyone!

It has been years since I have been on Facebook. I thought people who hand wring about bullying boycotted Facebook and moved on to other social media platforms.

6 hours ago, credit_help said:

It has been years since I have been on Facebook. I thought people who hand wring about bullying boycotted Facebook and moved on to other social media platforms.

I think everyone is on Friendster now.

Why is my office where people decide to congregate? When I moved into a new office, I specifically didn't take any extra chairs. Now people just stand in here and chat. Go away.

10 hours ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Why is my office where people decide to congregate? When I moved into a new office, I specifically didn't take any extra chairs. Now people just stand in here and chat. Go away.

Are you near any of the following: Restrooms, Coffee/Vending Machine, Water Cooler, or the general break room?

4 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Are you near any of the following: Restrooms, Coffee/Vending Machine, Water Cooler, or the general break room?

Nope. The kitchen and restrooms are on the other side of the building. I guess I'm just popular.😕

Posted (edited)

After about six weeks of getting the "low toner" warning, our printer eventually refused to print and demanded a new toner cartridge.

While trying to troubleshoot problems getting the damn thing to print with the new cartridge, I learned that the "replace toner" message is based on page count, and NOT the amount of toner remaining.

So I fished the old toner cartridge out of the trash, put it back into the printer, and then followed the Byzantine reset process.  It's printing normally again.

I'll use the old cartridge until the print quality makes the output unusable.

A6AU_1306090474669057314T632HbTeK.jpg

Edited by cv91915

Posted (edited)

Thunderstorms in my hood. Power is out. Over head lines lines down in a few areas.

Then unrelated to the storm, but compounding the power outage problem.......some ding bat driving thru the apartment complex like a bat out of hell, runs off the road, and destroys a ground level power transformer. She's been charged with DWI.

On a side note, the car has a Florida plate.

Edited by TheVig

1 hour ago, TheVig said:

Thunderstorms in my hood. Power is out. Over head lines lines down in a few areas.

Then unrelated to the storm, but compounding the power outage problem.......some ding bat driving thru the apartment complex like a bat out of hell, runs off the road, and destroys a ground level power transformer. She's been charged with DWI.

We need to get you out of there while we still can.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, TheVig said:

Demonstrating yet again why Flori-DUH is the dong of America 🤣

1 hour ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

Is it not universally taught that, when it's raining, you turn your bloody headlamps on?

It most states it is a law, and likely taught in drivers ed, but then again arithmetic and English are taught in school as well and there are many cretins in the world that can't do math or speak proper English.

22 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

It most states it is a law, and likely taught in drivers ed, but then again arithmetic and English are taught in school as well and there are many cretins in the world that can't do math or speak proper English.

I'd hazard a guess that it's the law in all states, but don't quote me on that. Traffic statutes aren't my field. But I am amazed at how people can drive along in a downpour, completely oblivious to the fact that no one can see them. They're usually in gray cars, too.

22 minutes ago, Bad Doctor Frost said:

I'd hazard a guess that it's the law in all states, but don't quote me on that. Traffic statutes aren't my field. But I am amazed at how people can drive along in a downpour, completely oblivious to the fact that no one can see them. They're usually in gray cars, too.

Doesn't seem like it is a law in all 50 specifically when raining, but rather determined by visibility.

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headlight-use/

men on house shopping shows who insist then need a hidey-hole in their new house. WTF?

43 minutes ago, hegemony said:

men on house shopping shows who insist then need a hidey-hole in their new house. WTF?

A what??  That sounds kind of naughty.