Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

Is it not possible for air travelers to practice simple hygiene, such as taking a shower before getting on a plane?

Or am I asking for too much?

In my experience, expecting the general population to practice simple hygiene overall is asking too much.

I forgot to pack an extra t-shirt to change into at the airport after my meeting today. I'm going to wear the one I wore on my flight yesterday.

FWIW, I chose not to sleep in it.

See, Vig?

;)

AOTD: "You know what you should do?"

Yes. Yes, I do know what I should do. You know why? Because I'm a grown flowers woman and can figure out what I should do without your unsolicited "advice." Crappy advice, at that.

Another one for today.

Survey coaching. Staff survey results were pretty crappy last year. So 2 months after the results were analyzed, they had WEEKS of coaching, because we clearly didn't understand what the questions meant. Then we had a staff picnic to celebrate the launch of the NEW staff survey. Then they left everyone cheap plastic sunglasses on our desks with a note that said "The future is so bright!" on the day the new survey was released. Then they got the results they REALLY wanted.

It's starting again. Except it's breakfast this year. We have a new, high profile, semi-famous CEO. I guess they want to impress him.

I'm so flipping peeved. I will not be filling out the survey.

Another one for today.

Survey coaching. Staff survey results were pretty crappy last year. So 2 months after the results were analyzed, they had WEEKS of coaching, because we clearly didn't understand what the questions meant. Then we had a staff picnic to celebrate the launch of the NEW staff survey. Then they left everyone cheap plastic sunglasses on our desks with a note that said "The future is so bright!" on the day the new survey was released. Then they got the results they REALLY wanted.

It's starting again. Except it's breakfast this year. We have a new, high profile, semi-famous CEO. I guess they want to impress him.

I'd fill it out with "you suck" and "this company sucks"

Another one for today.

I'd fill it out with "you suck" and "this company sucks"

A few of us tried that the first time around. Apparently they were able to dis-aggregate the data and figure out which departments were disgruntled. Then they sat us all down in a conference room to inform us about how ungrateful we are, how good we have it here, and if we don't like it, there's the door.

I never fill out any employee surveys at our firm. Working in IT, I know, everything you write can be traced back to dept/emp number.

HR is there to protect the company not the employee.

I never fill out any employee surveys at our firm. Working in IT, I know, everything you write can be traced back to dept/emp number.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Yes! Geico had a survey online - on their server, and they assured us it was completely anonymous, we should say what we really think. All I could think of was that they think they hired really stupid people. I filled out the survey with what I knew they wanted, because they would know who didn't submit a survey. But I was a rogue agent at Geico. :D

Especially considering that the survey is being taken on laptops that they are providing. I don't trust them. Their goal is 80% participation. I'm good with being a part of the 20%.

Just got another email addressing me as "Kathy." WTF. My name is not Kathy. Nor is it Katherine. Nor is is Kathleen. Nor is it any other name variation that could be shortened to Kathy. So says my email signature. And my email address. And the email you originally addressed me in where you used the right name. Ugh!

Limp wristed boy running the register at the grocery store asks if my Citi DC represented LGBT pride or something because of how colorful it is.

Uggg...

Limp wristed boy running the register at the grocery store asks if my Citi DC represented LGBT pride or something because of how colorful it is.

Uggg...

Young and dumb. Just how I like my boy toys.

Uggg...

My DW had a field day with it. Said it was nice to see me trying to make friends with people. Lol.

^^^ THIS ^^^

I decided to be very honest with our annual survey at work a few years ago. I ended up being "randomly selected" for an interview as part of a "regular, annual review" by the U.S. Department of Labor the following year. Four months later, I got a promotion (the first in six years) and the biggest bonus + stock allotment of my 20+ year career there (not to mention that the shisters that caused me to provide that specific feedback...umm, "left the company" -- no joke).

...but I was trying to force them to boot me out of my misery at the time, so I really didn't care at the time. Generally speaking, I do agree with the above statement.

AoTD: I added the DW as an AU on two of my largest cards a couple of months ago (while we were trying to get into a house), in the hopes that it'd help her score. It did... She got a ~40 point bump across the board. Her EX is higher than mine now by a point :lemonaded:

Merrill Lynch closed the IRA account that I use to dump $5,500 into every year and then immediately convert the balance to a Roth, which I also have with ML.

Why? $0 balance and no activity on the IRA for six months.

DUH.

Merrill Lynch closed the IRA account that I use to dump $5,500 into every year and then immediately convert the balance to a Roth, which I also have with ML.

Why? $0 balance and no activity on the IRA for six months.

DUH.

I guess the bull has its head squarely up its hind quarter...

Uggg...

I may have laughed and snorted at the same time.

I returned a car to Hertz at DFW last Thursday. I filled the tank and advised the agent who checked me in.

The receipt didn't arrive by email until Sunday, and of course I was charged for fuel service.

I immediately logged into hertz.com and submitted the gas receipt. 72 hours later, no updated receipt.

I just called Hertz and they told me to wait a few more days.

When I objected, she advised me that next time I have the option of waiting for a receipt before walking away. I advised her that I also have the option of renting from Avis next time, and I will be exercising that option.

I returned a car to Hertz at DFW last Thursday. I filled the tank and advised the agent who checked me in.

The receipt didn't arrive by email until Sunday, and of course I was charged for fuel service.

I immediately logged into hertz.com and submitted the gas receipt. 72 hours later, no updated receipt.

When I objected, she advised me that next time I have the option of waiting for a receipt before walking away. I advised her that I also have the option of renting from Avis next time, and I will be exercising that option.

Go Like a Pro. Go National

Now they are saying that they received the receipt and it has been processed, but they can't send me an updated receipt until "the process completes." How long? 2-4 more days. :lol:

I've been on hold for 15 minutes while this agent tries to speed things up.

Primerica is still in business? A friend of mine not super intelligent, but not a complete moron got tied into it. He works for his dad with the intention of when his dad retires he takes over the business. Had a post about how he can change my life with 30 minutes of time, so I had to hear it out as I never gave that company any time as I look at it as a,legal loopholed pyramid scheme,

Listened to his spiel, and forced him to answer difficult questions, then I asked how he is fairing out, in his monthly payments, yeah stalled right there.

AoTD: Bridezilla who treats her "friends" like garbage. The only reason I haven't dropped out of the wedding is because DH is the best man. We will no longer be friends when the wedding is over. RIP 12 year friendship.