Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

It's probably arleady listed in this 300+ page thread, but...

"what had happened was" irks me every god damn time.

People who post comments on Facebook suggesting to parents of obviously homely children how handsome/beautiful their kids are.

The Seinfeld baby had to grow up sometime.

It's probably arleady listed in this 300+ page thread, but...

"what had happened was" irks my nipples every time.

FTFY

Our new CPA sent us an email today to tell us that she filed an extension so she could be sure she spent enough time to do our taxes correctly the first time she prepared them.

Shouldn't she have spent the extra time a month ago?

Assuming you gave her all the required documents, there should be no reason she missed the standard deadline, assuming no significant personal issue. I would be worried about someone who is supposed to be detail oriented doing a detail oriented task that could get me in significant legal/financial trouble not being able to manage deadlines.

That being said, you get 6 months for free so it really isn't a big deal.

I am meticulous with keeping records. She had everything she needed.

We were paying our California CPA $2,000 a year the past few years. The going rate in Mudland for a tax return like ours is closer to $800. Maybe this is why. :lol:

She came highly recommended by a neighbor, and I interviewed her in person before we chose her.

We generally get a five-figure refund (it's impossible to compensate for the declining value of Turkish lira by adjusting US employment withholding), so she needs to get on it.

Based on your situation it is obviously not a straight forward return. That being said there is no excuse for her missing the deadline, absent an extraordinary outside circumstance. I would suggest you go back to your old CPA next year...and look over this year's return with a fine tooth comb before it is submitted.

Our returns are finished, according to the email, which contained no other useful information such as the amount of our refund or how much we owe, whether we have to sign anything, how we'd get our documentation back, etc.

I forgot to post this earlier, but about a month ago we got a form letter that she sent to all of her customers announcing that she had sold her firm but would be staying on for a few years as an employee until she retires. Not in so many words. But that's what it said.

Since when did Prime shipping during into 4-5 days or even more?

I think some items are prime but take 4-5 days because there are restrictions on shipping types. For example most fuels (like lighter fluid) can't be shipped via air, so it can't be two days. Another reason would be that the item is typically prime but is out of stock at the moment and expected back in shortly.

I think some items are prime but take 4-5 days because there are restrictions on shipping types. For example most fuels (like lighter fluid) can't be shipped via air, so it can't be two days. Another reason would be that the item is typically prime but is out of stock at the moment and expected back in shortly.

First of all, my jerk phone changed "turn" into "during"

This was for cat food, then I checked a couple other items I usually order and it was the same thing. All marked in-stock. Nothing I order has restrictions. Although, I would understand if that was the case. I ended up ordering from chewy.com. So I don't have to go to the pet store and the cats don't have to starve. Maybe I'll check out jet.com. I keep getting ads for them.

As a side note, everything sent via Amazon Logistics turns into 4-5 day delivery since they're never on time.

People who post comments on Facebook suggesting to parents of obviously homely children how handsome/beautiful their kids are.

Tell them their kids are homely, or need a good scrubbing, change of clothes and a haircut, and the Facebook cops get after you, I just ignore it, I won't say beautiful or handsome just to be nice, why encourage such behavior

Tell them their kids are homely, or need a good scrubbing, change of clothes and a haircut, and the Facebook cops get after you, I just ignore it, I won't say beautiful or handsome just to be nice, why encourage such behavior

I got a nephew who ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Parents not much better either. Nephew did something stupid and parents mention it on Facebook. I mention on Facebook, that things like this will happen when you conceive children at Red Lobster.

They didn't take that well.

I got a nephew who ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Parents not much better either. Nephew did something stupid and parents mention it on Facebook. I mention on Facebook, that things like this will happen when you conceive children at Red Lobster.

I think your giving a little bit more credit than deserved "Red Lobster"

I think your giving a little bit more credit than deserved "Red Lobster"

I wanted to say Chuck E Cheese, but was trying to be nice.

Panhandlers,, see the same guy every weekend at the same spot, always well kept, begging for change. Yet story goes that he works and can't cover his bills, ok if you can panhandle why can't you get a 2nd job work overtime whatever

Panhandlers,, see the same guy every weekend at the same spot, always well kept, begging for change. Yet story goes that he works and can't cover his bills, ok if you can panhandle why can't you get a 2nd job work overtime whatever

Because that second job would require him to pay taxes.

I think this every time I drive through the next city over. Very affluent neighborhood and always the same one or two panhandlers there. Always well groomed, well dressed, etc. I'm much more likely to give to someone on a street corner in Detroit than suburbia.

How many scrimps come with that lo mein?

If you have to ask, you can't afford to eat out.

I misspelled "shrimps" on purpose.

How many scrimps come with that lo mein?

If you have to ask, you can't afford to eat out.

I misspelled "shrimps" on purpose.

Good lord.

I love a good English muffin, but there are three things that really annoy me about them:

1 - The cornmeal crumbs (or whatever that is) on the outside are messy and gritty to chew.

2 - They take forever to toast. Bread gets done on toaster setting 2 or 3, but English muffins need more time even after running through the max toasting cycle.

3 - The lower rectangular cardboard portion of the packaging makes them difficult to get out of the bag. The first thing I do when I open a new package is take everything out, throw away the cardboard, and put the muffins back into the bag.

I love a good English muffin, but there are three things that really annoy me about them:

1 - The cornmeal crumbs (or whatever that is) on the outside are messy and gritty to chew.

2 - They take forever to toast. Bread gets done on toaster setting 2 or 3, but English muffins need more time even after running through the max toasting cycle.

3 - The lower rectangular cardboard portion of the packaging makes them difficult to get out of the bag. The first thing I do when I open a new package is take everything out, throw away the cardboard, and put the muffins back into the bag.

I just watched an episode of good eats (Alton Brown's show which used to air on Food network and is now on Cooking) where he made his own English Muffins. He used oats instead of the cornmeal, and you can package as you see fit. Solves two of your three issues. I can't however comment on the toasting time. Willing to bet they taste a whole lot better as well.

I just watched an episode of good eats (Alton Brown's show which used to air on Food network and is now on Cooking) where he made his own English Muffins. He used oats instead of the cornmeal, and you can package as you see fit. Solves two of your three issues. I can't however comment on the toasting time. Willing to bet they taste a whole lot better as well.

Interesting idea... although for me the English muffin is a convenience food.

Because the ingredients are easy to stock and have a decent shelf life, when I'm in California I make a breakfast sandwich with one of these almost every day:

5-munute-Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker.png

The extra English muffins go into the freezer when I leave, and everything else is still edible with just refrigeration until I get back.

Speaking of breakfast, I need a waffle maker update.

Speaking of breakfast, I need a waffle maker update.

Williams Sonoma has nice waffle makers. Toasters too.

I'm leaving town for a week bright and early on Saturday morning, and I'm down to almost no food in the house. I have one hot dog bun and some sriracha.

I already hated myself for ordering a pizza from Papa John's, and then it arrives, it's barely warm, and they seem to think that "square cut" means "cut my pizza into 16 wedges."

IMG_5952_zpssqsdz8jc.jpg