Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

TD leaves for Turkey tomorrow.

One of the hazards of marrying someone from Turkey is that once a year they want to go to Turkey.

I understand the family connection, but who wants to explode?

Let the 15 days of worrying begin...

Can't they meet half way? Say Hawaii* or somewhere?

* remember my lack of geography skills and keep in mind that I'm not looking at a map.

I'm getting you a waffle maker and a globe for Christmas.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

While driving thru a less than desirable neighborhood today, I decided to hit the McDonald's drive thru for some McNuggets.   While a coworker and myself were I enjoying our processed myster

Posted Images

One of the hazards of marrying someone from Turkey is that once a year they want to go to Turkey.

* remember my lack of geography skills and keep in mind that I'm not looking at a map.

It's supposed to be a surprise!

And CV... What is my gift?

Actually, halfway between Mudville and Istanbul is ... the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Halfway between San Diego and Istanbul (over the Pacific) - Somewhere in China

Is there even a holiday coming up in Turkey? If I read my middle eastern calendar correctly, their new year isn't for a couple more months.

Being that he is native to Turkey, I'm sure he knows enough to avoid being blown apart. I understand your concern tho

Being that he is native to Turkey, I'm sure he knows enough to avoid being blown apart. I understand your concern tho

I personally would travel to Turkey no problem. BUT, I don't think anyone went to the Istanbul airport or a soccer match thinking there was going to be a bombing.

Did you get him there via MR-AeroPlan?

Did you get him there via MR-AeroPlan?

No, I booked this with United miles about 9 months ago...

I am not fond of holidays. Too much tension, money, etc. All gifts this year are Amazon and Overstock. I am DONE.

Just got pull out drawer shelves from Rev A Shelf from HD. My kitchen storage has essentially doubled. Now that I am joyful about.

The traffic around a certain building in NYC on Fifth Ave is totally busting traffic, taxpayer $, and is ruining the neighboring store Christmas season.

M, we don't want you in NYC. Just go now.

I'm taking my mom and my aunt out for Christmas dinner this year. That's pretty much it.

My dad will be out of town closing on the sale of his business, and my brother has a newish wife who came with legacy children. I did that last year, and will not again. They're nice enough, but my smiles weren't natural and I'm unwilling to fake my way through another Christmas.

I'm also not buying gifts this year. My nephew has a small amount of school debt which I'm thinking of paying instead, and would do something similar for my nieces when they're older.

I'm taking my mom and my aunt out for Christmas dinner this year. That's pretty much it.

My dad will be out of town closing on the sale of his business, and my brother has a newish wife who came with legacy children. I did that last year, and will not again. They're nice enough, but my smiles weren't natural and I'm unwilling to fake my way through another Christmas.

I'm also not buying gifts this year. My nephew has a small amount of school debt which I'm thinking of paying instead, and would do something similar for my nieces when they're older.

You forgot my two gifts.

You forgot my two gifts.

I've decided to only help those who help themselves.

It's snowing. :(

Here, too. The schools are closed, and a lot of businesses.

I took the AWD coffin to the grocery store, dodging light flurries the entire way. Two more days before I GTFO until March!

I don't have AWD anymore

Now we're getting freezing rain. I guess it's good I work from home and have food.

I hope your flight doesn't get cancelled.

Looks okay here for Saturday. I'm connecting at ORD, though, where there is a 70% chance of snow. :(

At least I have friends there if I get stuck. One could do worse than an unplanned party with old friends. :D

I thought that was Orlando and was quite confused. I looked it up and now it all makes sense.

No one connects in Whorelando.

Not true! I did on my flight last year... BDL-->IAD-->MCO-->MIA-->LAX . For those that don't know airport codes, that's Hartford to Washington to Orlando to Miami to LA.

Just one of the plethora of reasons I hate winter and traveling over the holidays. Meanwhile my bags made it to LAX 8 hours before I did.

Insult to injury. I am in Admirals club trying to work out getting home from DC as I missed the connection due to being delayed out of Hartford. Agent says good news I got you upgraded to first class...for the Orlando to Miami leg. Even better, the Miami to LAX I am #1 on upgrade list and one seat clears, mine. Of course I am traveling with my wife. You can guess who rode in FC.

I took the AWD coffin to the grocery store, dodging light flurries the entire way. Two more days before I GTFO until March!

I don't have AWD anymore

Now we're getting freezing rain. I guess it's good I work from home and have food.

Looks okay here for Saturday. I'm connecting at ORD, though, where there is a 70% chance of snow. :(

At least I have friends there if I get stuck. One could do worse than an unplanned party with old friends. :D

I thought that was Orlando and was quite confused. I looked it up and now it all makes sense.

Not true! I did on my flight last year... BDL-->IAD-->MCO-->MIA-->LAX . For those that don't know airport codes, that's Hartford to Washington to Orlando to Miami to LA.

Just one of the plethora of reasons I hate winter and traveling over the holidays. Meanwhile my bags made it to LAX 8 hours before I did.

Insult to injury. I am in Admirals club trying to work out getting home from DC as I missed the connection due to being delayed out of Hartford. Agent says good news I got you upgraded to first class...for the Orlando to Miami leg. Even better, the Miami to LAX I am #1 on upgrade list and one seat clears, mine. Of course I am traveling with my wife. You can guess who rode in FC.

You did, of course.

I don't have AWD anymore

You did, of course.

That would be known as the "divorce option"...

I'll give little Vig and my nephews some cash. Everybody else can get fugged.

Pretty much I did for my kids, sent my nephews & niece cash

Pretty much what I did for the ol' lady this year. BT from one of her cards (the joint LCU card, so I benefited, too) to my Disco @ 0% covered her B-Day and Christmas.

For the kids, I forgave this month's car payment.

...oh, and the cat is finally fixed. I told the kids to skip last month's car payment, and get 'er fixed/micro-chipped/vaccinated/etc.

I'll give little Vig and my nephews some cash. Everybody else can get fugged.

Pretty much I did for my kids, sent my nephews & niece cash

Pretty much what I did for the ol' lady this year. BT from one of her cards (the joint LCU card, so I benefited, too) to my Disco @ 0% covered her B-Day and Christmas.

For the kids, I forgave this month's car payment.

...oh, and the cat is finally fixed. I told the kids to skip last month's car payment, and get 'er fixed/micro-chipped/vaccinated/etc.

Most likely a relief, I apparently inherited a furball myself. She's due next. My friebd found her I said no way. And then she grew on me. She's a bit loveable, a bit fun. I named her wancan, as if my translation is correct that's Chinese for dinner

When I'm looking at real estate listings and I see a hot tub it makes me want to throw up.

I completely agree. Whenever I see a hot tub, wood stove, or base board heaters.. I can't help but think of the cost to tear them out. Or carpet in the bathroom. It makes me want to skip over that house entirely.