Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

Does $7,000 for an 84" bathroom vanity with a granite countertop (without sinks or faucets) seem like a lot?

If yes, I'm going to add bathroom remodeling to this thread.

Yes. Even for the Italian stuff. It's been a few years since I bought granite. Just my opinion.

Have you looked at the places on Miramar Road?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

This morning while Mrs Vig and I were at work, maintenance man at apartment complex came by to replace our garbage disposal. The new unit works great.   I sent an email to apartment manageme

Posted Images

Does $7,000 for an 84" bathroom vanity with a granite countertop (without sinks or faucets) seem like a lot?

Yes. Even for the Italian stuff. It's been a few years since I bought granite. Just my opinion.

This was just Lowe's in Mission Valley.

This wasn't just the countertop... vanity too. But still.

I stayed away from Miramar since the air show was today.

Damn. Lowe's is getting pricey.

I bet I've ran into you at MV Costco before and didn't even know it. I used to live over at Circa 37.

Ok. Back to bathrooms. You probably already know the bathroom design stores in La Jolla, downtown, and Hillcrest area are hit or miss. I can't think of anywhere else other than Miramar. Guess you gotta wait until after the air show. Restoration Hardware at UTC?

I bet I've ran into you at MV Costco before and didn't even know it. I used to live over at Circa 37.

Ok. Back to bathrooms. You probably already know the bathroom design stores in La Jolla, downtown, and Hillcrest area are hit or miss. I can't think of anywhere else other than Miramar. Guess you gotta wait until after the air show. Restoration Hardware at UTC?

The work will be done on our Mudland house, so I thought I'd stsrt the research in a national store, to at least establish a direction.

If this was our "forever house" I wouldn't care about the cost. Our ownership window on this home is three years, so I'm just trying to minimize the gag factor on the master bath for resale purposes. Solid house otherwise...

The work will be done on our Mudland house, so I thought I'd stsrt the research in a national store, to at least establish a direction.

If this was our "forever house" I wouldn't care about the cost. Our ownership window on this home is three years, so I'm just trying to minimize the gag factor on the master bath for resale purposes. Solid house otherwise...

"FOREVER HOUSE" LOL. I'm gonna use that.

For us, it's probably in Del Mar somewhere. I'd buy it today if we could rent it out for three years, and then gut it and remodel before moving in.

For us, it's probably in Del Mar somewhere. I'd buy it today if we could rent it out for three years, and then gut it and remodel before moving in.

Del Mar any day of the week. Agreed.

I've been looking up in San Fran lately if I retire soon.

I really don't like the new design of the American Express account servicing web site. In particular, I hate the account summary.

I don't consider my current balance to be $0.00 if I have almost $300 in posted charges sitting there. That's really stupid.

ScreenShot2014-10-05at91435AM_zps3a79614

I really don't like the new design of the American Express account servicing web site. In particular, I hate the account summary.

I don't consider my current balance to be $0.00 if I have almost $300 in posted charges sitting there. That's really stupid.

You don't have nearly $300 in "posted" charges. They are "pending." When they "post" they are reflected in the current balance.

I also hate people that nitpick. Like I'm doing now.

You don't have nearly $300 in "posted" charges. They are "pending." When they "post" they are reflected in the current balance.

No, I have another ~$140 pending.

I'm guessing it is because you have already made at least the minimum payment during the current billing cycle, right?

I'm guessing it is because you have already made at least the minimum payment during the current billing cycle, right?

The statement closed with a balance, which I've since paid in full.

I downloaded the iOS 8 on my iPhone 5s and iPad 2. Both are acting glitchy, slower to download and the battery life is much, much shorter.

Does Apple do this crapola deliberately so we buy a new product? I want to remove it pronto!

Yikes. You're right. What a weird way to display info.

Yikes. You're right. What a weird way to display info.

This is coming soon to an American Express account near you.

I have two logins. One has this format, and the other (to manage my other cards) does not.

I called and asked for this account to be switched back. The CSR confirmed that this new format is being rolled out across all accounts, and that they would be able to upgrade my other login to the new format, but they were unable to downgrade this account to the old format. Not exactly his words, but that was the message.

It gets even more ridiculous when you click "Show Balance Details," because then it shows you "Recent Activity," next to which is a single total of both posted and pending charges. WTF?

I asked him to register my feedback, and make sure he uses the word "hate" in my comments. He did.

Fall. I hate fall. This morning it was 28 degrees and I froze my flowers off. Walk into my building and the thermostat is set to Fires of Hell. Walk outside at noon and it's nearly 60. Bring a jacket with or else I'll die of hypothermia in the morning, only to not need it a few hours later and have one more thing to carry.

Then the snow will come. Oh joy.

Fall is my favorite. Or it was when I lived in the Pacific Northwest. At least you have seasons. Unlike this hell hole called Las Vegas.

Stop everything......you don't like living in LV? A virtual 24/7 playground. What's not to like? Don't you guys have the misters everywhere? Plus you have Pawn Stars! Who wouldn't want to hang with Chumlee?