Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

cv91915

I like the parents who get a family portrait done with their new found rug rats and then use the image as a Christmas card.

I came up with my own card. They got the hint.....no more wireless router portraits.

However they switched tactics. Now they mail a 25 page letter telling everybody what everybody did for the last year....

Family portraits are a pretty normal Christmas card thing. They don't bother me. The freaking family newsletters make me go nuclear apocalypse.

DW is the opposite - she LOVES those family holiday newsletters. She thinks I really give a carp when she starts reading them to me.

One doesn't mind their own kids, but other people's kids are gross generally.

Every kid is other people's kid, so you see my viewpoint.

It's about your own kids... Not others...

You don't have to like other kids, but you sure should like your own kids :P

I don't enjoy being around children at all, and I manage my life accordingly whenever possible.

TD wanted to adopt three kids. I told him that would be my exit ramp, and I meant it.

I think you'd be a great dad.

We donate money to put poor Turkish children through private school.

Both literally and figuratively, this is as close as I'm ever getting to parenting.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.51.1

It's just the same with dogs. Nick and I have three dogs and we talk about them all the time.

I did go out to dinner last night with a friend and his wife and he brought a "bar" friend from the same restaurant. Belgium beer, etc.

He mentioned that his child had gone to the same school in NYC as mine. I asked what year.

He told me and I said that there was no way our children knew one another but he asked my daughter's name, which is unusual.

He told me, oh my god, your daughter used to babysit Tess. Your daughter is a goddess. She was my daughter's idol.

Small effing world, isn't it. At that time, my daughter was barely speaking to me as she was a teenager.

I murmured that I remembered my daughter talking about dear Tess.

I then went on to see Andy Borowitz and Katie Couric discuss the presidential elections.

A good time was had by all.

I don't enjoy being around children at all, and I manage my life accordingly whenever possible.

TD wanted to adopt three kids. I told him that would be my exit ramp, and I meant it.

I think you'd be a great dad.

We donate money to put poor Turkish children through private school.

Both literally and figuratively, this is as close as I'm ever getting to parenting.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%202.51.1

excellent map, got the message conveyed, eh.

Speaking of maps, Thanksgiving in Costa Rica is now off for the third and final time. The group is now leaning toward ringing in the new year in Toronto. :swoon:

I'd be more disappointed, but the oral typhoid vaccine I just picked up at Rite Aid had no co-pay, and it will still come in handy for our trip to Puerto Rico next month.

It's just the same with dogs. Nick and I have three dogs and we talk about them all the time.

I did go out to dinner last night with a friend and his wife and he brought a "bar" friend from the same restaurant. Belgium beer, etc.

He mentioned that his child had gone to the same school in NYC as mine. I asked what year.

He told me and I said that there was no way our children knew one another but he asked my daughter's name, which is unusual.

He told me, oh my god, your daughter used to babysit Tess. Your daughter is a goddess. She was my daughter's idol.

Small effing world, isn't it. At that time, my daughter was barely speaking to me as she was a teenager.

I murmured that I remembered my daughter talking about dear Tess.

I then went on to see Andy Borowitz and Katie Couric discuss the presidential elections.

A good time was had by all.

I like dogs.

It is a small world, but in the words of Stephen Wright, "I wouldn't want to paint it."

Speaking of maps, Thanksgiving in Costa Rica is now off for the third and final time. The group is now leaning toward ringing in the new year in Toronto. :swoon:

I'd be more disappointed, but the oral typhoid vaccine I just picked up at Rite Aid had no co-pay, and it will still come in handy for our trip to Puerto Rico next month.

I just found out I have relatives in Canada. On the east side. Maybe one day I will visit.

Can you just walk into Rite Aid and get vaccines?

I just found out I have relatives in Canada. On the east side. Maybe one day I will visit.

My doctor in Mudland called in a prescription. I didn't want to get a shot, which I understand you can walk in and get, if the pharmacy has it in stock.

My doctor in Mudland called in a prescription. I didn't want to get a shot, which I understand you can walk in and get, if the pharmacy has it in stock.

Do I need this?

Do I need this?

Depends where you are traveling.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/costa-rica

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/puerto-rico

Do I need this?

Depends where you are traveling.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/costa-rica

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/puerto-rico

My passport expired. I wonder if I can go in with my cat when she gets her rabies vaccine.

You should do New Years in New Zealand. Be the first to ring in the new year and it's summertime.

You should do New Years in New Zealand. Be the first to ring in the new year and it's summertime.

You seem to be under the impression that I have a say in this.

Why do some restaurants sell sashimi and don't serve rice with it.

To pay extra for rice is like paying for salad dressing.

pisses me off royally.

Like much of the rest of life.

That's a huge pet peeve of mine.

We have also ordered food through Grubhub and similar sites, where the menu made it look like rice was extra, so we ordered sides of rice.

And then had 2x the rice we wanted.

Why do some restaurants sell sashimi and don't serve rice with it.

To pay extra for rice is like paying for salad dressing.

pisses me off royally.

Like much of the rest of life.

If you want "truly" free rice, go to china town and pick it off the ground. Within a block radius you should have yourself a free bowl. :rofl:

You may even get some organic rice mixed in

Edited by Captivated

Somehow, my trunk was wired incorrectly. If you locked the car with the remote, the alarm would arm even if the trunk was open. It's supposed to only arm when the trunk closes. After some investigation, I noticed the factory (?) used the wrong two wires for the microswitch in the latch. Switching the correct one and taping up the other wire fixed it. Now it doesn't duck fart until the lid closes.