cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

I can't stay out as late as I used to. I got up at 7 this morning, was running late, and have been going strong ever since. I made it to the Back To The Future showing tonight, but I just couldn't make it to the after party. I can barely stay awake, and I'm still not done with my spreadsheets. My eyes are glazing over just looking at them.

The cool thing was, of course there was DeLorean parked outside the theater for everyone to get pictures with tonight. The woman who owns it sat next to me, so we chatted a bit before/after the movie. That was neat.

Back when I was in high school I absolutely hated the common greeting (among boys) "How's it hanging?" Basically meaningless banter but I always found it off-putting. Might have been a regional thing and is probably anachronistic as well.

The other common greeting I hated was "What's happening?" Life.

Bodacious. Once hired a bi-polar corporate trainer. That was every third word in his otherwise limited vocabulary. He did get everyone to agree and work together though - on getting his butt kicked out.

Edited by cashnocredit

I can't stay out as late as I used to. I got up at 7 this morning, was running late, and have been going strong ever since. I made it to the Back To The Future showing tonight, but I just couldn't make it to the after party. I can barely stay awake, and I'm still not done with my spreadsheets. My eyes are glazing over just looking at them.

The cool thing was, of course there was DeLorean parked outside the theater for everyone to get pictures with tonight. The woman who owns it sat next to me, so we chatted a bit before/after the movie. That was neat.

You're getting old. :(

Edited by giraffy

:rofl:

The Disney bonus round. Courtesy of Ford...

It's sucktacular to be 600 miles from home with a vehicular issue.

I know! :cry2:

:rofl:

:beee:

If I were handing out candy tomorrow night, I'd make sure to be handing out jumbo Snickers and Reese's just to spite the outrageously entitled parents who think they can dictate what others buy when it's their kids begging for candy. I don't care if your kid is broken, it's your job as a parent to make sure they don't shove something they shouldn't in their mouth.

This thread has slowed down significantly as CV has not been posting as much. I guess CV is just annoyed by more things than most of us.

I miss the old days of daily stories about dumps on a plane.

Paging CV...Paging CV...

This thread has slowed down significantly as CV has not been posting as much. I guess CV is just annoyed by more things than most of us.

Paging CV...Paging CV...

I know. Where has he been? I miss him.

Paging CV...Paging CV...

Probably getting himself some extra helpings of Turkish Delight

Paging CV...Paging CV...

I look forward to a daily dose of his wit. Where art thou, cv?

My twin boys found a YouTube channel of all Frozen songs as sung by other people. They played it on their iPads for about three hours yesterday, which drove me to the brink of madness. Today I woke up with the oddest song in my head. Not sure how stuff like this happens. The song is stuck in my head now. Been singing it all morning. Spike Jones - Der Fuehrer's Face. Better than having Let It Go in my head. I had to combat the Let It Go Channel by singing foul lyrics to myself - I eventually settled into Eat My Choad.

My twin boys found a YouTube channel of all Frozen songs as sung by other people. They played it on their iPads for about three hours yesterday, which drove me to the brink of madness. Today I woke up with the oddest song in my head. Not sure how stuff like this happens. The song is stuck in my head now. Been singing it all morning. Spike Jones - Der Fuehrer's Face. Better than having Let It Go in my head. I had to combat the Let It Go Channel by singing foul lyrics to myself - I eventually settled into Eat My Choad.

I guess I'm lucky that my 8 year old doesn't love Frozen. Likes it, but doesn't watch it non-stop... However, I do have to listen to constant stories about Minecraft. Crafting tables, Steve, pick axes, sheep. Blah.

I guess I'm lucky that my 8 year old doesn't love Frozen. Likes it, but doesn't watch it non-stop... However, I do have to listen to constant stories about Minecraft. Crafting tables, Steve, pick axes, sheep. Blah.

This is the first time they binged on Frozen. I hope it's not a trend. I'd hate to go nutty-coo coo and destroy those effin' ipads. ;)

This is the first time they binged on Frozen. I hope it's not a trend. I'd hate to go nutty-coo coo and destroy those effin' ipads. ;)

I wouldn't blame you.

I like "Let it Go." It reminds me of Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party" which has a similar theme.

You can't please everyone so you have to please yourself.

Third time having a deer run into the side of my car. I hate them. I hate, hate, hate deer. Dear hunters, shoot them all. They're useless, dumb forest rats and they should be exterminated.

/rant