Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Walked into a hostile situation this morning. I decided to be the sacrificial lamb, no matter the cost.   Asked raging lady if their was an office where we could have a conversation.  

While driving thru a less than desirable neighborhood today, I decided to hit the McDonald's drive thru for some McNuggets.   While a coworker and myself were I enjoying our processed myster

Posted Images

I hate having a teenager in the house. I want my quiet, clean house back.

At the end of the day....

At least you still have a house

:grin:

True. But, is it really necessary to cook at 1am and leave the remnants and a sink full of dirty dishes after I had the kitchen spotless before I went to bed? I also had to listen to all the banging of pots and pans. And grandma had made a full dinner last night so I don't know what this other meal was. Isn't that what taco bell is for?

True. But, is it really necessary to cook at 1am and leave the remnants and a sink full of dirty dishes after I had the kitchen spotless before I went to bed? I also had to listen to all the banging of pots and pans. And grandma had made a full dinner last night so I don't know what this other meal was. Isn't that what taco bell is for?

Luckily mine isn't nearing teenage hood yet, but she can still make it look as though a tornado has gone through the house in about 30 seconds flat.

Luckily mine isn't nearing teenage hood yet, but she can still make it look as though a tornado has gone through the house in about 30 seconds flat.

My 8 year old can do that but he is obedient when told to clean his mess. The teenager, not so much. He's inherited through marriage, so this is new to me....

Your teen cooks? :huh:

I spend a fair amount of time being concerned about #1 withering away when she goes to college because she's no good at anything involving the kitchen.

Unrelated: peer at work keeps saying accoladed when she means acclimated. Like, "She's still getting accoladed to the role, she's been here 7 weeks." I haven't corrected her yet, because I find her ridiculous and enjoy feeling smug.

Edited by giraffy

I spend a fair amount of time being concerned about #1 withering away when she goes to college because she's no good at anything involving the kitchen.

Unrelated: peer at work keeps saying accoladed when she means acclimated. Like, "She's still getting accoladed to the role, she's been here 7 weeks." I haven't corrected her yet, because I find her ridiculous and enjoy feeling smug.

It's noodles from a box, so, maybe that doesn't count. It still makes a lot of noise and mess.

They have food on campus. She will be fine.

I like it when people use big words incorrectly. It's amusing.

It's noodles from a box, so, maybe that doesn't count. It still makes a lot of noise and mess.

They have food on campus. She will be fine.

I like it when people use big words incorrectly. It's amusing.

My boys all cook. Only because I insisted that they not bring "I can fry a bologna sandwich....and that's it" into any domestic arrangement with a significant other. Like someone else I know did.

I had a supervisor who liked to "ast" me questions.

Not "axe me".

"Ast" me.

And when I'd respond with "Sure, flowers me anything", she never caught it.

She'd also get "weary" of taking on new projects or working with people she didn't know or trust. Not "leery" of working with them. You know. Just "tired".

I like it when people misuse even the small words.

• Admin

My husband uses the phrase "Let's table this." in the European fashion (to make an active discussion) and then wonders why people stop talking about the subject he wants to discuss. Because in America, it means to suspend discussion but he won't believe me on that.

:rolleyes:

"irregardless"

I think this is a SoCal thing. Drives me crazy. Bad crazy, not good crazy.

"Supposably."

Adverb describing how someone does something without thumbs.

"He quite supposably shuffled the deck, despite his obvious octiphalangedness."

Edited by ubercat

When gas company turns off the the wrong person. Happened to me. Woke up Saturday morning and had to take a whore bath. They made it right though. Had me turned back on a few hours later, and gave me a $10 statement credit, which I wasn't expecting.

My husband uses the phrase "Let's table this." in the European fashion (to make an active discussion) and then wonders why people stop talking about the subject he wants to discuss. Because in America, it means to suspend discussion but he won't believe me on that.

:rolleyes:

Make him watch C-SPAN for a few hours and he'll see what "tabling" a discussion means