Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

cv91915

The only things we have to write with in this house are:

- Dried-out highlighters

- Pencils

- Empty ball-point pens from Turkish pharmaceutical companies

Every time I haul out a decent pen from my secret stash it ends up in TD's backpack.

:aggressive:

My wife does the same thing...it is annoying as hell. I almost have to revert to the pen on a chain tactics of a bank.

I actually had my company order that for me. It has been attached to my desk for years. It works great. I love it!

Oddly, this talk of writing instruments has reminded me of a story my best friend from high school tells from that era, about his time working at Hardee's.

Several horrible things happened prior, but at the end of one particularly awful shift he was assigned the duty of cleaning the restrooms on the night someone decided to smear the F word in feces on the wall of one of the stalls. :lol:

Edited by cv91915

The only things we have to write with in this house are:

- Dried-out highlighters

- Pencils

- Empty ball-point pens from Turkish pharmaceutical companies

Every time I haul out a decent pen from my secret stash it ends up in TD's backpack.

:aggressive:

My wife does the same thing...it is annoying as hell. I almost have to revert to the pen on a chain tactics of a bank.

I actually had my company order that for me. It has been attached to my desk for years. It works great. I love it!

Oddly, this talk of writing instruments has reminded me of a story my best friend from high school tells from that era, about his time working at Hardee's.

Several horrible things happen prior, but at the end of one particularly awful shift he was assigned the duty of cleaning the restrooms on the night someone decided to smear the F word in feces on the wall of one of the stalls. :lol:

Someone took the guys pen so he had no other option.

I love a good beach, but I was really disappointed by the one in Nice. I left after less than five minutes.

People were elbow-to-elbow, and there was no sand. Just 6-12 inch round, flat rocks. Imagine sprawling out on a towel laid on top of bunch of giant stones. It's also very hard on the feet.

Once you finally accept all of that, you wade about ten feet into the water and you're already up to your hips.

So much for the mystical allure of the Cote d'Azur.

Oh, we have a nice beach. We went to Orange Beach, AL. There's a nice, less popular beach access that's part of Gulf State Park that the kids like. It's about 2 hours from home, so it's a day trip for us. We don't go when other people will be there. We homeschool, so we took our "holiday" on Wednesday. It was just us & the birds. I just hate the beach.

Edited by dansamy

We like this one particular beach access point that isn't very popular with the tourists. Locals aren't incredibly wild about it either. Half the area is fenced off for protected species of bird nesting areas. It doesn't have a large pavilion or large, comfortable public bathroom. (This one has "prison" toilets.) And the boardwalk to get out to the water is really, really long. There's also only about two dozen actual parking spots. If the lot is full, you CAN park under the bridge. Overall, it's one of the lest convenient public access beaches. Of course, during the height of summer, even the less popular spots are packed, this one included. I don't know why it's "off season" after Labor Day. It will still be hot for another 6 weeks.

Edited by dansamy

I went to a store this afternoon to pick up a few things, and my credit card is so worn, that it's not very swipeable anymore. Usually not a problem, it'll either work after the 3rd swipe or so, or I just type in the card number on the pad. Today, the cashier said "we don't allow customers to do that themselves," took my card from me, and started entering the numbers in himself...and reading them off aloud as he types. With people in line behind me. Yes, please tell the world my credit card number. This is why you should be making $2/hour as a cashier.

The manager should be in contact with me soon, I was told. Also sent a complaint to the credit card company about the store and cashier. Good Lord.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1442005732.879008.jpg

My view at this very moment. ;-). Sorry dansamy.

OBX?

Close. South of there, Sunset Beach.

Nice! I didn't grow up in VA, was always the gulf beaches for me but I've been to OBX once and traveled north/south quite a bit while there.

We nearly got stuck renting a jeep on the beach up near Corolla (tide coming in)...the guides kept us out waaaaay too long. We ditched the group on the way back just to find a bathroom. :blush:

My employer has a house in Kure Beach.