Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

cv91915

My so was born in australia but is a us citizen. He neither looks like a terrorist nor a ctd. Just an adorable aussie :grin:

:good:

Don't tell me you've never had a lapse in judgment, though. :D

Definitely. Keeping gfs in hs and college while still secretly playing with bfs. That way, I wasn't really gay, right? Wrong. Finally woke and grew up. So yeah, glad that phase is behind me. ;)

To be completely honest, though, I do miss the raw, seething envy of my friends when they saw me dating the hottest girls in school. :rofl:

Who knew that girls dig gay guys because they know you're not interested in "that" and relatively harmless.

My so was born in australia but is a us citizen. He neither looks like a terrorist nor a ctd. Just an adorable aussie :grin:

Definitely. Keeping gfs in hs and college while still secretly playing with bfs. That way, I wasn't really gay, right? Wrong. Finally woke and grew up. So yeah, glad that phase is behind me. ;)

To be completely honest, though, I do miss the raw, seething envy of my friends when they saw me dating the hottest girls in school. :rofl:

Who knew that girls dig gay guys because they know you're not interested in "that" and relatively harmless.

Safest prom date in town. And if you're lucky, he's got better taste in shoes AND will go shopping to pick them out!

When I was 21, a coworker introduced me to line dancing at his favorite gay bar. Circle dances weren't guys on the inside, girls on the outside. They were leads & follows. :D I danced with quite a few ladies AND gentlemen. And had a blast.

NPH in his tightly whiteys

I like him, but I don't need to see that.
Thus the need for the brain bleach.

I mean he's kind of pretty, but not the sort I like. I like mine tall, thin, surfer/skater type sort of look. Emphasis on tall & thin.

He's tall and thin, isn't he?
Not my kind of thin.

For reference, my husband was 6'3" & had a 28" waist. He was "reedy".

Edited by dansamy

NPH is just muscular enough that he falls out of my preferred physicality. His shoulders a little too broad, jaw a little too wide. Etc.

I like him as an actor though. And he narrates Epcot's Candlelight Processional every year the week before my family traditionally goes. (2013 we had the Allstate guy. 2014 we had some guy from Battlestar Galactica.)

This year, we'll be going the week NPH is usually there because our annual passes expire.

Edited by dansamy

I HATE test driving cars. but at least I know what I don't like-everything! :)

I know what I DO like! My Outlander. I just want something exactly like that, but a little bigger so that the third row is actually useful.
I feel your pain. I want this too-for 25K. Apparently, I live in a fantasy SUV land where they are affordable AND LARGE!

Go a couple years old, low miles. You can get so much more for your money.

Tried that. Still above budget, so I'm going to broaden the search or ditch the SUV idea all together. I test drove 10 cars today. My brain is mush!

Losluv,

What all have you test driven? I haven't started yet because I haven't been notified by USAA that they're going to total mine. (Yet. I'm pretty sure they're going to total it. *sigh*)

Like you, I need a large vehicle. I need to be able to seat 3-6 tall teenagers. For at least the next 6 years. I'd prefer an SUV. I really don't want to do the minivan thing again. I did that when they were babies.

Dansamy, there wasn't much that I didn't test drive-Subarus, Chevys, Kia, Toyota and Fords. Utterly frustrating because of the size and price. But I did spy some things that might work for you and your kids.

The Ford Explorer(2011, 7 passenger). I don't care for Fords, but this is a really nice vehicle with plenty of room for a big family. Priced around $25k here in CA. The XLT model has all the bells and whistles.

Also the GMC Denali Arcadia - again the 2011 model has the price sweet spot. Spacious (7 passenger),plush-I looked at a black one. Made me feel like a rap star lol. If you can score either of these with low miles ( the ones we found had 51K and 32k) it may be a great fit for you.

I would recommend the Explorer over the Acadia. The Acadia/Traverse/Enclave/and old Outlook are, for lack of a better term, junk. Their timing chains are known to stretch, their seats tend to, well, come loose, and on the models with HID lights, the headlamp housings melt where the DRLs are. They're nice looking, but there's no way I'd trust one as far as reliability. The only Explorer model that worries me reliability-wise is the Sport model, simply because it's twin-turbo, and I'm not sure I'd trust Ford with a turbo. The 3.5 V6 used in the XLT and Limited models has proven to be fairly good though. A buddy of mine bought a brand new Sport a couple years ago and it's a nice vehicle, but the panel gaps between the doors and the roof are way uneven, to the point I'd almost think it were in a rollover and repaired if I didn't know he bought it brand new. On the inside, though, it'a very comfortable and pretty high-quality.

Girls I went out with had no idea that I was gay (heck I couldn't accept I was gay) and we were doing "that" Not to go off into TMI but that kind of situation never ends well, and it wasn't emotionally healthy for me nor was it fair to others. Sure, this scenario may work out for people who exclusively are in it for hookups only but not for most people in the LT. And being dishonest hurts way too many people.

And back to the original subject, that was my bad judgement phase that cv was inquiring about. I grew up ...

Edited by TrevorHere

Trevor, I saw snow today on the mountains in Orange County. :D

It's beautiful, especially on the mountains :grin:

It was a lot more beautiful in the distance from my car than it was in our back yard in Mudland a few days ago!

I have to admit that TD made the cutest snowman in our back yard... while I watched from our living room, which was a perfect 72 degrees. :D

I wish we had enough on the ground to make a snowman. But nada. Just cold.

You should join TD next time to make a snowman. You might enjoy it!

I'm having a really hard time settling into a packing routine when I travel between SD and Mudland. I've gone below the bare minimum of what's prudent to take with me. It's only a matter of time before I miss a connection or a flight gets canceled and I'm stranded overnight with no toiletries or clean underwear.

It's cracking me up that I'm about to order disposable boxer shorts.

I HATE test driving cars. but at least I know what I don't like-everything! :)

I know what I DO like! My Outlander. I just want something exactly like that, but a little bigger so that the third row is actually useful.
I feel your pain. I want this too-for 25K. Apparently, I live in a fantasy SUV land where they are affordable AND LARGE!
Go a couple years old, low miles. You can get so much more for your money.
Tried that. Still above budget, so I'm going to broaden the search or ditch the SUV idea all together. I test drove 10 cars today. My brain is mush!

Losluv,

What all have you test driven? I haven't started yet because I haven't been notified by USAA that they're going to total mine. (Yet. I'm pretty sure they're going to total it. *sigh*)

Like you, I need a large vehicle. I need to be able to seat 3-6 tall teenagers. For at least the next 6 years. I'd prefer an SUV. I really don't want to do the minivan thing again. I did that when they were babies.

Dansamy, there wasn't much that I didn't test drive-Subarus, Chevys, Kia, Toyota and Fords. Utterly frustrating because of the size and price. But I did spy some things that might work for you and your kids.

The Ford Explorer(2011, 7 passenger). I don't care for Fords, but this is a really nice vehicle with plenty of room for a big family. Priced around $25k here in CA. The XLT model has all the bells and whistles.

Also the GMC Denali Arcadia - again the 2011 model has the price sweet spot. Spacious (7 passenger),plush-I looked at a black one. Made me feel like a rap star lol. If you can score either of these with low miles ( the ones we found had 51K and 32k) it may be a great fit for you.

I got the phone call. It is indeed totaled. $11.2k including my deductible & extra 20%. I should be able to find something in the $15k range. Right? Edited by dansamy