Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

AoTD: Sales Rep bugs me for weeks to get an appointment to do a conference call. I finally said "OK". Agreed upon a time and accepted the meeting invite. Called into conference call - nobody there. Finally did the ol' college class rule - 15 minutes and if nobody shows up, go home. Or in this case - hang up.

This Elysian Immortal IPA is a hair skunky.

Elysian Immortal is good. Elysian Space Dust is better. Fremont Lush is my favorite at the moment.

AoTD: Sales Rep bugs me for weeks to get an appointment to do a conference call. I finally said "OK". Agreed upon a time and accepted the meeting invite. Called into conference call - nobody there. Finally did the ol' college class rule - 15 minutes and if nobody shows up, go home. Or in this case - hang up.

7 minutes.

When us co-ops go out to lunch on fridays, we have a 7 minute rule. I came up with this rule because the other 2 clowns were willing to sit around and wait 20 mins for the 4th guy.

Not on my watch.

Water heater just gave up. :(

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

More expensive. Less hot water output. Lag time.

My parents' house (built in 2013) has tankless and they absolutely hate it. If you want to wash as sinkful of dishes after dinner you need to start running the water during the salad course.

Interesting. We have a tankless and my experience is exactly the opposite. Hot water to the kitchen sink takes ~15 seconds. Hot water output is the same plus it lasts forever. It was more expensive to install, but my gas and electric bills went down so over the course of 4 years it's probably been a wash - pun intended.

Interesting. We have a tankless and my experience is exactly the opposite. Hot water to the kitchen sink takes ~15 seconds. Hot water output is the same plus it lasts forever. It was more expensive to install, but my gas and electric bills went down so over the course of 4 years it's probably been a wash - pun intended.

We're selling this place in the next 0-2 years, so there is zero chance I'd ever recoup the extra cost.

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

My parents' house (built in 2013) has tankless and they absolutely hate it. If you want to wash as sinkful of dishes after dinner you need to start running the water during the salad course.

Depends on whether its electric or gas. If its electric I would agree with the above. Its the nature of electric to take longer to heat up things. I've seen gas tankless ones in action (a Rinnai to be precise) and they do as Pam said.

The new one is gray. I like the color better than the old beige one.

Edited by cv91915

Yea!!!

What brand?

Yea!!!

What brand?

Rheem

Time for a tankless.

No.

Why?

Depends on whether its electric or gas. If its electric I would agree with the above. Its the nature of electric to take longer to heat up things. I've seen gas tankless ones in action (a Rinnai to be precise) and they do as Pam said.

yep, mine is gas, so that makes sense.

Getting annoyed at my shower. More specifically the shower fixtures. It's a stall type, and I have a slightly better than the mid-range style Delta valve and head installed. Yet, 1. I have to have it all the way on hot in order to get lukewarm water 2. At full flow its like an old man with prostate problems. Found on my new sink faucets I just installed there's flow restrictors in there mandated by the Big G. Guessing there's one installed on the shower also.

I hate restrictor plates.

I have great water pressure coming into my apartment. Couple that with my old school non restricted shower head, and it's like riot control with fire hoses. Hope that comment doesn't trigger anyone.

Getting annoyed at my shower. More specifically the shower fixtures. It's a stall type, and I have a slightly better than the mid-range style Delta valve and head installed. Yet, 1. I have to have it all the way on hot in order to get lukewarm water 2. At full flow its like an old man with prostate problems. Found on my new sink faucets I just installed there's flow restrictors in there mandated by the Big G. Guessing there's one installed on the shower also.

I was never happy with the water pressure in the master bath shower in our California home until I bought a new shower head from this place AND took out the water restrictor inside.

https://www.highpressureshowerheads.com

It's still not exactly as powerful as I wish it was, but it's much, much better.

Edited by cv91915

I have great water pressure coming into my apartment. Couple that with my old school non restricted shower head, and it's like riot control with fire hoses. Hope that comment doesn't trigger anyone.

I have one of those too, from when I lived in an apartment ~1995. The maintenance man had swapped it out for the water-saver type and threw the old one in my bathroom trashcan. I fished it out and have taken it with me everywhere I've lived. Always on the top of my list of things to pack. It's still working, with the help of some Teflon tape.

I was never happy with the water pressure in the master bath shower in our California home until I bought a new shower head from this place AND took out the water restrictor inside.

https://www.highpressureshowerheads.com

It's still not exactly as powerful as I wish it was, but it's much, much better.

I don't know if that's the same one I have, but yes I bought a showerhead that i could take the restrictor out of, and it's made my life a lot better, shower-wise.