Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

cv91915

Words, Phrases and Other Stuff that Annoys Me

This morning I logged into my Wells Fargo checking account and found the balance had been drained to $137...

... because I paid a credit card bill from the wrong bank account. :swoon:

Close one.

I wrote a check (long story) from that account today for $231. Glad I happened to log in...

Does WF offer alerts for low balance functionality?

Probably, but I don't keep much money in this account, which means that the "low balance" alert would more often than not be an "overdraft alert," and it would be too late anyway. I got lucky this time because it wasn't a big payment compared to most of them that I make.

If it were your NFCU checking with CLOC, you don't have to worry about overdraft or NSF fees. :-)

I've made an error large enough to create an overdraft a couple of times in my life, and I've always gotten the fees waived by calling and asking nicely.

Enneffseeyou does have a memberlicious feature on their checking accounts, though, where they prevent you from initiating an ACH pull from another bank into your Enneffseeyou checking account.

They back that up with blocking mobile deposits for a period of time after you open a new account. This is an unbeatable combination if you are looking for a checking account that won't let you put money into it.

This morning I logged into my Wells Fargo checking account and found the balance had been drained to $137...

Close one.

I wrote a check (long story) from that account today for $231. Glad I happened to log in...

Probably, but I don't keep much money in this account, which means that the "low balance" alert would more often than not be an "overdraft alert," and it would be too late anyway. I got lucky this time because it wasn't a big payment compared to most of them that I make.

If it were your NFCU checking with CLOC, you don't have to worry about overdraft or NSF fees. :-)

I've made an error large enough to create an overdraft a couple of times in my life, and I've always gotten the fees waived by calling and asking nicely.

Enneffseeyou does have a memberlicious feature on their checking accounts, though, where they prevent you from initiating an ACH pull from another bank into your Enneffseeyou checking account.

They back that up with blocking mobile deposits for a period of time after you open a new account. This is an unbeatable combination if you are looking for a checking account that won't let you put money into it.

I think a few banks and CUs have this restriction for new customers.

I am changing my pay from account to Fidelity Cash Management account. Wonder how easy they are with waiving fees. I should probably delete old accounts I linked to pay from so I don't use them by mistake. Do they even have overdraft feature or similar on this account type?

Close one.

I think a few banks and CUs have this restriction for new customers.

I am changing my pay from account to Fidelity Cash Management account. Wonder how easy they are with waiving fees. I should probably delete old accounts I linked to pay from so I don't use them by mistake. Do they even have overdraft feature or similar on this account type?

Close one.

I know you don't like NFCU. So, I was just giving you a hard time. :-)

I don't use NFCU checking either.

Close one.

I get nervous when I realize I was in a hurry when pulling a payment. I can never remember which banks I have linked multiple accounts to and which I haven't and it seems like the order those accounts are in in the drop down menu changes. I want the accounts linked so I don't have to wait to use them but sometimes I think it's going to allow for a mistake someday. I'm be more worried about squeezing a lemon off the creditor than the potential NSF fee.

Close one.

I get nervous when I realize I was in a hurry when pulling a payment. I can never remember which banks I have linked multiple accounts to and which I haven't and it seems like the order those accounts are in in the drop down menu changes. I want the accounts linked so I don't have to wait to use them but sometimes I think it's going to allow for a mistake someday. I'm be more worried about squeezing a lemon off the creditor than the potential NSF fee.

I try to rename my linked accounts so I know which is which. I use the format [bank][Product][- Last 4 Digits].

Chase Total Checking - 9999

BofA Core Checking - 9999

NFCU Everyday Checking - 9999

Some account management sites don’t allow long names. In that case, I abbreviate the names.

Close one.

This is the account that my personal discretionary money goes into every month (we each get a sum that goes into an individual account to spend without feeling obligated to discuss with the other).

Most of our cards are linked to both our household and to my personal account. TAD is too frugal to spend any of his, so I don't have his personal account linked to any of our cards.

we each get a sum that goes into an individual account to spend without feeling obligated to discuss with the other

So you have accounts with Tinder and Scruff that don't get discussed? How can I get my wife to accept Filipina Cupid?

we each get a sum that goes into an individual account to spend without feeling obligated to discuss with the other

So you have accounts with Tinder and Scruff that don't get discussed? How can I get my wife to accept Filipina Cupid?

Not exactly what I meant, but I will say that if TAD hadn't won my heart I'd probably be coupled with a certain Pinoy biotech executive.

Or that Pinoy nurse.

Or...

Well, you get it.

I think cv is more of a Grindr kinda guy...

Saw a nice 5 car pileup on the freeway yesterday. About 100m in front was the pickup that lost the box that must have caused the pileup. From the looks of the occupants/vehicle, I highly doubt they were insured enough to cover things.

Less than 30 seconds later I exited the freeway and saw guys picking up tables that had fallen out of a pickup on the freeway entrance side. Guess they were lucky they came out there rather than literally seconds later.

Quite bizarre to see two dumped loads so close to one another in both time and location.

Stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Konrad2012

Safari for iPad needs an "Always Request Desktop Version" setting. I have to request the desktop version of CB every day.

With the mobile version of this site you do not these options when posting:

puhd0ch.png

I have the 12.9" iPad, so it's not like I don't have the space on my screen.

Safari for iPad needs an "Always Request Desktop Version" setting. I have to request the desktop version of CB every day.

puhd0ch.png

So does Chrome. I have been using TapaTalk and rarely use a browser to check CB.

puhd0ch.png

So does Chrome. I have been using TapaTalk and rarely use a browser to check CB.

You kids and your apps.

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

You should try it. For the reading and posting I do, it’s more than sufficient.

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

I've tried it on my phone. Me no likey.

The screen on my tablet is only an inch smaller than my laptop's, and I strongly prefer a browser to an app on a device this size.

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

The screen on my tablet is only an inch smaller than my laptop's, and I strongly prefer a browser to an app on a device this size.

I don’t use my phone much for content unless it’s the only device I have with me.

Apps on iPad are improving.

Do you use an Apple Pencil?

Edited by credit_help

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

I don’t use my phone much for content unless it’s the only device I have with me.

No Pencil. I also use my phone when it's the only device available, which is almost never.

puhd0ch.png

You kids and your apps.

No Pencil. I also use my phone when it's the only device available, which is almost never.

I don’t have it either. No keyboard either.

TAD apparently decided to stop at the Admirals Club for a snack upon arrival at SAN this morning...Even though he knows I am waiting in the cell phone lot.

TAD apparently decided to stop at the Admirals Club for a snack upon arrival at SAN this morning...Even though he knows I am waiting in the cell phone lot.

Does he not like to eat turkey? :lol:

Yes, I entertain myself.