Should I remove myself from this account?

jolandapgilbert

The last post in this topic was posted 3605 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello!

Credit Card Question!

I currently have 3 open credit cards. 2 of the cards have a balance of $0 and a limit ranging from $100-$300.The last card I have happens to be the oldest card on my credit history with a limit or around $3000, however has an 89% utilization. I was added to this card to help build my credit while in college, however, was never the primary user of this card. Needless to say the 89% usage has not been a result of any charges I have made to the account.

I was advised previously not to remove myself from this account because it was the oldest on my account, however, I'm not sure how beneficial that is being that the balance is so high and after a year has a remained high.

Thanks!

Please Advise!

I would call that lender and explain to them that you love the card but would like to have one in your own name and ask if they would consider at least dating it back to when your became an A/U if not when the original account was opened. AMEX did this for me when I was an A/U and later app'd for my own card. That way you might get rid of the utilization and still get something for you AAofA. It's worth a try if you don't mind an inquiry.

I would call that lender and explain to them that you love the card but would like to have one in your own name and ask if they would consider at least dating it back to when your became an A/U if not when the original account was opened. AMEX did this for me when I was an A/U and later app'd for my own card. That way you might get rid of the utilization and still get something for you AAofA. It's worth a try if you don't mind an inquiry.

Makes 0 sense! No CC company is going to open an account (or back date the new account if approved) for you just because you love the card...lmao! And the fact that you call them and tell them how much you love it will have absolutely no impact on whether you are approved for the same card with AMEX or any other CC company.

Edited by ZicMan

The last post in this topic was posted 3605 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.