Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

BBVA Compass bank and ews

The last post in this topic was posted 2340 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi all, im a newbie here but let me explain my story. About 2 1/2 years ago i got an overdraft of $500 dollars at my credit union that i was in (San Mateo Credit Union to be exact). Around the same time i lost my job and was unable to pay my bank back, after a certain time they sent me a letter saying that they reported me to the collections agency, and a few weeks later i got a letter from the collection agency asking to pay up but to my luck i was still un employed and had no job or money whatsoever. I recently got employed again and wanted somewhere i could deposit my money, so today i opened and account at BBVA compass bank. To my suprise it went fairly well, i was able to open a checking and savings account. But now im reading online that theres a possibility i could be shut down by somethimg called the EWS? If i was reported to a collection agency is there a possibility i was also reported to them? I deposited a fair amount of money, so im kind of worried something will go wrong, had anyone had similar problems? How can i know if i was reported to the ews?

Hello, I'm new to this site....I was curious what ever happened to your account if it closed or stayed open? Does anyone have any info on BBVA Compass bank? I just opened an account there today and I had no issues. I went to Chase and Bank of America and was turned down for checking accounts. I know many people claim EWS will result in closure but was curious if anyone had any recent updates...

Thank you

The last post in this topic was posted 2340 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By neveragain2014
      I just found this service called Chex Approval. They claim to get your chexsystem cleared. Has anybody used this or aware of a competitor? What was your experience?

http://www.chexapproval.com/#!process/ccjb

Get your negatives cleared for a fee from a site with no named personnel or testimonials ---I'm skeptical.

And would this work more certainly or faster than just writing a good will letter?
    • By Dan1004
      Hello. I saw a post a few weeks ago about BBVA Compass regarding EWS I was just curious if anyone has any info on this. I just opened up a checking and savings account and was curious if this account will be closed? Other banks told me no before the account was even opened so I was just curious how this may play out? any help, advice, or comments would be awesome...

Thanks
    • By neveragain2014
      So here is my situation:

-My checking account was closed after an overdraft and that amount plus fees (~$700 with fees) were put into Chexsystem
      -I have a closed, charged off credit card account where I owe ~$3500, with Capital One
      -Capital One merged with my old bank so both accounts are with Cap1

I have no checking account. I use Serve, and cash. I also have a ReadyDebit prepaid account that I dont actively use anymore (Serve is better)

I am about to receive a large check for helping some relatives renovate and sell some property. Next week I will be receiving a 4 or low-5 figure check.

How and where can I deposit it?

I have not tried to open a checking account and have not had the funds to payoff the accounts until now. I would like to negotiate my settlements in good faith and start a checking account somewhere without Capitol One just taking it off the top.
    • By gozu
      Hi folks,

360 days ago, I opened a secured credit card with capital one to rebuild/repair my poor credit with a $1000 deposit. I've always paid it on time and today I just received a pre-approved offer from them.

I only currently have their secured mastercard and an american express charge card so I figured it'd be good for my score if I got another credit card. I called them to see if I could convert my secured credit card (credit limit was $1000 a year ago, $1450 now) into an unsecured credit card but they said they don't do that.

How should I go about getting my Grand back without hurting my credit? Should I sacrifice a goat? If so, what words should I chant as I'm doing it?

I would appreciate the advice.

Thank you!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mackiedee
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines