Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Barclays cli upon approval

The last post in this topic was posted 2311 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Congrats!

If you weren't happy with the limit, call recon. You don't even have to wait for the card to arrive. I called as soon as I was approved.

866-408-4064

Lucky b, did they approve your request? What did you say to them? I have read on here they are very sensitive and watch you constantly, I don't want to upset them and they close the account.

Most people's impressions of this behavior are gross caricatures of the truth.

Congrats! If you weren't happy with the limit, call recon. You don't even have to wait for the card to arrive. I called as soon as I was approved.

866-408-4064

+1

Lucky b, did they approve your request? What did you say to them? I have read on here they are very sensitive and watch you constantly, I don't want to upset them and they close the account.

First request: I was approved for the Rewards MC last year with a $500 limit. I called immediately and got it bumped to $1500.

Second request: I hit the luv button and was denied a CLI. I called immediately and was bumped to $4500.

Third request: I applied for the Arrival+ and got the 7-10 day message. I called and was approved, and moved most of my Rewards MC CL over to the new card.

Most people's impressions of this behavior are gross caricatures of the truth.

I have still yet to see a "real" report of this happening. I have 2 barclays cards and massive amount of new accounts... Just sayin.

I recently went from 2 to 3k. Having a hard time getting nice CLI's due to my old CO's. I am tempted to apply for another Barclays card just to combine. Not quite yet though.

I was approved for a Barclays card for $500, called for a CLI two days later and was denied mainly due to Credit History. After my financial meltdown in 2007 I hadn't opened any new cards until Oct 2013 at which time I got a Cap1 card, started at 300 and with the credit steps they bumped it to 3300. The CSR told me to use the card and try again in 6 months. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to get a Barclays CLI in less time than the six months?

I was approved for a Barclays card for $500, called for a CLI two days later and was denied mainly due to Credit History. After my financial meltdown in 2007 I hadn't opened any new cards until Oct 2013 at which time I got a Cap1 card, started at 300 and with the credit steps they bumped it to 3300. The CSR told me to use the card and try again in 6 months. Has anyone in a similar situation been able to get a Barclays CLI in less time than the six months?

My experience: Barclays Rewards - Approved 250 4/13 CLI to 500 9/13 CLI to 1k 11/13 CLI to 5k 1/14 to 10k 7/14 (moved limed to UP) 1.5k 7/14

They just use the credit report they have on file from when I originally applied. They just ask more questions about income, what you will use the card for, reasons for negatives on your credit report.

First request: I was approved for the Rewards MC last year with a $500 limit. I called immediately and got it bumped to $1500.

Second request: I hit the luv button and was denied a CLI. I called immediately and was bumped to $4500.

Third request: I applied for the Arrival+ and got the 7-10 day message. I called and was approved, and moved most of my Rewards MC CL over to the new card.

I applied for a 3rd card with them today, the US Airways MC, and was approved for $5K. I called to recon, and was shut down this time. They are only willing to extend $12K total to me at this time because of the number of new accounts and the student loan baddies.

Here's more detail on my recon experience:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=531926

:rofl:

The last post in this topic was posted 2311 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By funkiehouse
      Hi all.

If you are looking to apply for the Barclays US Airways card and wish to help a brother or sister out by allowing them to refer you for the card, they will benefit from some bonus miles and you will benefit from 50k in miles. The offer is only good until January 18, 2015 so you would need to apply by then and get approved for the referring person to get the bonus miles. If interested, just PM the next person on the list with your email address as the thread moves along. If you are on the list and get a referral, please post and let people know who is next up for a referral. If someone has received a referral, please move to the next person on the list. I will also update the current order and other can help with that too.

So if you apply, please show some love for the following people:

Captivated
      nolanryan
      FromBadtoGood
      mizliz1011
      funkiehouse

If you want to offer a referral to a specific person because they helped you with credit repair or you just want to because you want to, then that's okay too. If you want to keep it private, just do it by PM and don't worry about posting in the thread.

If you received the referral email from Barclays and want to be added to the list, please let us know and I will update the order and add you.

If you are not ready to apply now, it looks like the card will be around until March 31, 2015.

Happy apping!!
    • By belairpatrol
      I made a mistake and BT into a New Barclays world master card with "0" interest for 15 months by doing the same amount twice. The 2nd BT request just popped on my Barclays transaction and showed me $2000
      over my limit. I spoke to Barclays and was told that since BT went thru, my credit line when the new statement is cut will be the amount that I am over the limit. She said there was no overlimit fee om World Master Card.
      I am a little stunned since when I got the card 7 days ago and I called back door for a higher CL they said NO!

• By funkiehouse
      Noticed this on the Barclays site. Any thoughts on this? Is there a BOA US Air product I don't know about? I think there use to be a BOA US Air debit card...

• By bunyan
      Hello,

I already had one $5000 Cash Rewards Visa with BofA and a $300 limit Signature Visa as well. The $300 Visa was open since 2007. The $5000 limit one has been open since 2011. I also have a $2500 Amazon store card since about 2011 and a Capital One Quicksilver Visa with an $800 limit, and a Capital One Platinum MasterCard with a $700 limit. Have had both of those since 2010. The $5000 BofA Cash Rewards card, Amazon Store Card, and both Capital One cards have all been as the limit since last summer. I never had any late payments. I have had my checking account with BofA since 2007. I also have a business account with BofA. No Money Market amounts or anything like that with them. My Experian score is 726 (That's who they pulled)

I was in the branch on Monday and the teller said I had a Credit Card offer. So I sat down with the representative, and had him put in an application for another Cash Rewards Visa with a $5000 limit. That was instantly approved and I got the credit card in the mail yesterday. So today I'm at work and decide to call in and do a balance transfer from my other cards to my new card. While I'm talking to the CSR I ask if he thinks I can get a CLI to 10 or 15 grand. He said he thinks I can and maybe they won't even do another inquiry since I just got this card yesterday. I said ok go for it. 15 grand. He doesn't get an immediate answer back and says I should hear something in the next 3 days. This was around 1PM today. I check my account at 4 and I see my limit is up to $15000 on my new card. Wooo hooo! The CSR also said that I can get a cash advance for up to my maximum credit line at 0% until April of 2016. Fees are 3%. He already had approved me for $4800 (Since my initial credit limit on the new card was only $5000) but said once I get my CLI just call him back and he can give me more.

I'll be calling him Friday! Lol I'm gonna put all my other card balances on here so I can get the 0%. They'll be paid off well before then.
    • By CreditLuv
      Since I've seen the light from this board and MyFico.com I now understand that to really help your chances in the future to increase one's current credit line limits it's best to try to run as much through your CC's as possible everyday instead of just using your bank debit card, cash or writing checks.

One poster on this board or Myfico (i forgot which one( stated he was running $10-$15K a month on a $5K limit card using this strategy without the cash advances though I think.

My question is two fold.

To help with mass usage of my credit cards (on all my personal and different businesses I own for day to day, monthly and yearly expenses) will CASH ADVANCES help or hurt me in the eyes of the credit card companies in regards to helping me increase my credit limits? Basically do CC companies see someone that takes cash advances differently then someone that spends the exact same amount on some product or service?

Like they're in need of the cash and more of a risk to them. For example instead of paying a contractor for work they do for you with a check you could pay them in cash through a CC cash advance. Yes, you'd get hit with a 2-3% fee. But you would get to run more transactions through your credit cards and thus in theory you would use your CC's more instead of just for purchases of products or services.

Again from everything I've read, besides keeping your CC at a zero balance and then leave $2 on one card every month. For maximum chances to increase your credit lines the more transactions the CC companies see you do every month the more likely they are in the future to give you a CLI but also a bigger one correct?

Please chime in with your first hand experiences with this.

Thanks so much.

I'm finally finalizing my Christmas Breaking Bad marathon (watching Season 5 episode 12) so all his cash has got me thinking cash!

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    datboykahn
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines