Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

maximum # of Barclay cards

The last post in this topic was posted 2316 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I currently have 4 and I was wondering what the max # is with them. The DW and I both travel for our jobs so we rack up the spending and like earning points. Here are our current cards with them

1. Rewards

2. Arrival

3 Travelocity

4 NFL..I got this one for the sign up bonus and my father charged his season tickets on them, so I got a nice little $ back.

We would like to get the priceline card because we have been booking through them a TON and would like the 5x cash back. On any given month we can easily spend 5-6 k on hotels.

If you think I am at my limit in the # of cards with them, I can transfer the limit from the NFL and close it and then app for the priceline. The NFL has only ever had 1 charge put on it, in about 6 months, it was PIF

What do you think?

If you app and are declined, I imagine that when you recon you will get the option of closing one card and opening another.

Have you thought about an Amex PRG or CSP/Freedom combo? One of the things I am learning is that points can be worth much more than cash back, and those two options are very flexible for redemption. Chase UR has a 5% bonus on hotels dot com right now, so that would be 7% UR points.

If you spend that much on hotels a month, having 1-2 hotel cards would also make sense. There's no reason with that kind of hotel spend to not try and earn status in at least 1 program, and also earn rewards.

If you app and are declined, I imagine that when you recon you will get the option of closing one card and opening another.

Have you thought about an Amex PRG or CSP/Freedom combo? One of the things I am learning is that points can be worth much more than cash back, and those two options are very flexible for redemption. Chase UR has a 5% bonus on hotels dot com right now, so that would be 7% UR points.

If you spend that much on hotels a month, having 1-2 hotel cards would also make sense. There's no reason with that kind of hotel spend to not try and earn status in at least 1 program, and also earn rewards.

Would love to be able to get an Amex! I cant remove the BK7 from EX. I was able to get it removed, for a while, from EQ but EX won't budge. When I had EQ free I was able to get a Marriot rewards with an OK limit. The problem arises with them as I can't ask for more $ with the 7 back on EQ in fear of losing the card.

I am just trying to work the point/rewards system to best benefit me in my current position.

I get my expense check on Wed and I will pay off all Barclay balances and try for the PL card next Monday.

We shall see the max number of cards allowed!

FICOS are 720ish accross the board. TIA

Would love to be able to get an Amex! I cant remove the BK7 from EX. I was able to get it removed, for a while, from EQ but EX won't budge. When I had EQ free I was able to get a Marriot rewards with an OK limit. The problem arises with them as I can't ask for more $ with the 7 back on EQ in fear of losing the card.

I am just trying to work the point/rewards system to best benefit me in my current position.

I get my expense check on Wed and I will pay off all Barclay balances and try for the PL card next Monday.

getting your bk removed is and getting a card after bk is fraud pure and simple. from time to time they will check and see your cr and they will close the card and possible investigation and why card was issue in the first place.

Good luck!

getting your bk removed is and getting a card after bk is fraud pure and simple. from time to time they will check and see your cr and they will close the card and possible investigation and why card was issue in the first place.

It's not fraud to expect that the CRAs be able to properly verify information that they are reporting.

Good luck!

It's not fraud to expect that the CRAs be able to properly verify information that they are reporting.

cb get their information from the federal court data base and all the information is from the paperwork that you and your lawyer sign. also show court district that you filed your bk and date that you filed.

How is it fraud to try and get it removed?

How about starting your own thread on the subject so that we don't derail this one.

Would it be better to use the upromise.com credit card, and go through the upromse.com priceline.com link, to get 5% cash back plus whatever the upromise.com link gives for cash back on your particular transaction with priceline? The upromise link cash back varies, but currently it is;

6% Name Your own Price hotel; 5% on Hotels; 3.5% on Activities; 3.5% on Cruises;6% Express Deal Hotels; 5% Name Your Own Price Car; 3.5% on Rental cars; 3.5% Vacation Packages; 3.5% Name Your Own Price on Airfare; 1% on Airfare.

So you get the 5% (online transactions through upromise.com only) plus whatever is listed above?

Would it be better to use the upromise.com credit card, and go through the upromse.com priceline.com link, to get 5% cash back plus whatever the upromise.com link gives for cash back on your particular transaction with priceline? The upromise link cash back varies, but currently it is;

6% Name Your own Price hotel; 5% on Hotels; 3.5% on Activities; 3.5% on Cruises;6% Express Deal Hotels; 5% Name Your Own Price Car; 3.5% on Rental cars; 3.5% Vacation Packages; 3.5% Name Your Own Price on Airfare; 1% on Airfare.

So you get the 5% (online transactions through upromise.com only) plus whatever is listed above?

Freaking BRILLIANT! I am going to read through their rewards disclosures later this morning and see if there is a cap. It might be worth closing two cards, transfering limits, and opening up two new ones. I appreciate the info!

How about starting your own thread on the subject so that we don't derail this one.

how... really let start one. tell it to sixteen people about 3.5 yrs ago on cnn noney program thoese people was looking at over 50 yrs each when all said in done got 5 yrs in dandury. there crime bk fraud and getting cc and loans by grtting bk removed by first getting old address del that connect your old address to the bk. there is a thread about it on how to do it. then apply for high level card they know they never get with a bk showing up on a cr. you knew when you applied for the card because you stated "The problem arises with them as I can't ask for more $ with the 7 back on EQ in fear of losing the card." so that is fraud', that is the reason theses 16 people when to prison for 5 yrs.

I myself have a ch 7 bk on my cr from march 2009 and I have learn many things about credit and living within my means. I have how have about 93,000 dollars in avail credit because of this board and myfico forum. there are cards, I can not have because of my bk and that is ok and some day I will.

how... really let start one. tell it to sixteen people about 3.5 yrs ago on cnn noney program thoese people was looking at over 50 yrs each when all said in done got 5 yrs in dandury. there crime bk fraud and getting cc and loans by grtting bk removed by first getting old address del that connect your old address to the bk. there is a thread about it on how to do it. then apply for high level card they know they never get with a bk showing up on a cr. you knew when you applied for the card because you stated "The problem arises with them as I can't ask for more $ with the 7 back on EQ in fear of losing the card." so that is fraud', that is the reason theses 16 people when to prison for 5 yrs.

I myself have a ch 7 bk on my cr from march 2009 and I have learn many things about credit and living within my means. I have how have about 93,000 dollars in avail credit because of this board and myfico forum. there are cards, I can not have because of my bk and that is ok and some day I will.

So because your stuck, everyone's stuck?

Link that CNN article, I'm more then sure there's more to that story then "disputed bk, got it removed, applied for AMEX, went to jail"

I'm MORE then sure it has to do with mortgage fraud and things like it.

So because your stuck, everyone's stuck?

Link that CNN article, I'm more then sure there's more to that story then "disputed bk, got it removed, applied for AMEX, went to jail"

I'm MORE then sure it has to do with mortgage fraud and things like it.

stuck? I follow the law. ch 7 stays for 10 yrs period. I don't lied, cheat and depute things on my cr. after 5 yrs I have fico 737 121 and 718. I am saying if you file for ch 7 and yes you are stuck for 10 yrs. that's the law.

it was not an cnn article it was on t.v. cnn news program. if memory served me correctly it was credit cards.

Freaking BRILLIANT! I am going to read through their rewards disclosures later this morning and see if there is a cap. It might be worth closing two cards, transfering limits, and opening up two new ones. I appreciate the info!

Gonna app tomorrow. I just paid all balances to 0. This will be crazy rewards! From what I read in the disclosures there is no limit. I should/could make almost 7k in a years time at no expensee to me. CRAZY! I appreciate the heads up themanwhocan. drumroll until tomorrow

Gonna app tomorrow. I just paid all balances to 0. This will be crazy rewards! From what I read in the disclosures there is no limit. I should/could make almost 7k in a years time at no expensee to me. CRAZY! I appreciate the heads up themanwhocan. drumroll until tomorrow

Good luck to you. Are the balances reporting to the CRA's or did you just pay them?

Approved 5k! will transfer 6k from NFL to the new card and transfer back next year when PSL come due. So that makes 5 cards with them. I do run a TON through their cards. good luck everyone

Approved 5k! will transfer 6k from NFL to the new card and transfer back next year when PSL come due. So that makes 5 cards with them. I do run a TON through their cards. good luck everyone

Congrats!

Nice! Congrats!

Congrats!

The last post in this topic was posted 2316 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.