Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The last post in this topic was posted 2285 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was rummaging through Amazon credit card marketplace and saw an offer for a $50 Amazon gift card for applying/getting approved for the SDFCU EMV Visa card. So, after thinking about it for a minute or a day I can't remember which, I applied. I was already a member of the American Consumer Council so that was my way in. This is how it played out...so far.

Applied yesterday morning

Yesterday afternoon received 3 emails from SDFCU/Docusign that I needed to sign.

Opened those up, they included the CC app, membership app, rate disclosure (11.99%), risk disclosure (stating I received this because although I was approved I didn't get the best rate), EXP score, letter stating they looked forward to serving me, yada yada yada, request for POI and whether I'd like card security on the card.

So I called member services and they said in order to complete the process I needed to fill out a member app, and I said ok, well there was one included in all the stuff I signed and he said well that could take a few days, he could do it over the phone and then notify the loan officer that was completed. So I said sure, filled out one over the phone, he sent me another membership app to sign and now that shows pending.

Has anyone had a similar experience with SDFCU? I'm assuming I was approved since they gave me my rate, gave me the letter stating although I was approved it wasn't for the best rate and said I just had to join in order to finish up the process, but I'm leery.

All this for a $50 Amazon gift card LOL!

I'm just waiting for the................. Sounds like amateurs..................comment to be posted.

I see he is online. :wave:

Edited by OilOperator

I'm just waiting for the................. Sounds like amateurs..................comment to be posted.

HAHA! I already know that's coming, at this point it's expected on every CU post. :)

No, I had the similar situation like you. I got denied due too many INQ and recently opened accounts. It doesn't you're approved yet.

Ron.

No, I had the similar situation like you. I got denied due too many INQ and recently opened accounts. It doesn't you're approved yet.

Ron.

Well shoot...I guess I'll wait it out and see what happens. Seems odd they'd give you an interest rate and all that other stuff and then deny you.

I thought I was going to get approved. I got denied on the following day. I emailed them to recon the apps. They still told me we weren't unable to approve. It was a month ago.

Good luck!

Ron.

I'm also still waiting on a membership app from almost two weeks ago to finish processing after doing the docusign and being told I needed to fill out something I'd already submitted. Called them again a couple days ago on Monday and was told I'd be contacted yesterday with membership info. Nothing yet.

Definitely some amet... Oh wait...

*looks around for cv to show up in this thread* :)

Sent using Tapatalk

HAHA! I already know that's coming, at this point it's expected on every CU post. :)

Yea, its getting old...CV needs a new catch phrase. :)

i have submitted three of the same applications, one with a check that they DID receive (tho not the application? and another with Docusign?) It is clearly a disorganized place but I am approved if they can ever find my signature. They have my money... I am just being patient as this will make a big change in my profile. They are very responsive to emails I send to them so it is not as though they don't care, they just can't find chocolate...

frustrating but it will be fine in the end. just hang in there.

In case you hadn't noticed, pretty much everyone has now noticed that I'm right. It's less a personal catch phrase of mine than it is the verbal embodiment of shabbiness - struggling in vain toward mediocrity, and the colloquialism has been embraced by an entire generation of snobs and drama queens.

In case you hadn't noticed, pretty much everyone has now noticed that I'm right. It's less a personal catch phrase of mine than it is the verbal embodiment of shabbiness - struggling in vain toward mediocrity, and the colloquialism has been embraced by an entire generation of snobs and drama queens.

Ahhhh, sigh... like, talk to the hand. Kay? :yu:

Edited by cputrwz

No thanks... I'm going back to my consumer advocacy now. My mission is to save everyone who is creditworthy, one precious soul at a time, from the inept talons of credit unions, and to help transition the CU-imprisoned to freedom when they qualify for real, worthwhile financial institutions and products.

Everyone can still get auto loans from a CU though. I mean, who doesn't love almost-free money? :P Just don't come crying to me when they pull Chex for a car loan, or only fund loans on the third Thursday of the month after the loan committee meeting.

Edited by cv91915

No thanks... I'm going back to my consumer advocacy now. My mission is to save everyone who is creditworthy, one precious soul at a time, from the inept talons of credit unions, and to help transition the CU-imprisoned to freedom when they qualify for real, worthwhile financial institutions and products.

Everyone can still get auto loans from a CU though. I mean, who doesn't love almost-free money? :P Just don't come crying to me when they pull Chex for a car loan, or only fund loans on the third Thursday of the month after the loan committee meeting.

You will never hear the CU romancer crying to you about that! But, please, carry on with your righteous quest... :P

Everyone can still get auto loans from a CU though. I mean, who doesn't love almost-free money? :PJust don't come crying to me when they pull Chex for a car loan, or only fund loans on the third Thursday of the month after the loan committee meeting. LOL! So true....Damn Loan Committees!!!

Oh....like the TARP banks and the rest of the banking cartel........ B)

You probably compost.

You probably compost.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE!

You probably compost.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE!

Vegetarian?

SDFCU finally opened my $10,000 secured LOC... DONE. now to increase it later after using it a few times. so it was slow but it delivered.

The last post in this topic was posted 2285 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.