Sign in to follow this  
ddamage

Credit report and Acct number question

I recently got my hardcopy TU report and I was looking at my lates. Well on the report it doesn't give me the full acct number and has the last four numbers as ****. I need to try and clean up 6 late accts but don't have the whole acct number For example on Capital One it shows

acct# 517604261529****. By the way that's a made up acct number just showing example. I was wondering how do I go about getting the complete number? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

you won't get the full number from your report.

why do you need the full number anyway?

If you are disputing the account with the CRA, you use the account number EXACTLY as it is listed on your hard copy credit report [including asterisks***]. The full account number is not needed for this purpose.

Thanks for response Shifter. I thought with the complete number they could find me better. So when I attempt a goodwill request they can remove the 60, 90, 120 day lates. Maybe I need to go back to the newbie section again and read some more. Haha.

Thanks Momma but Im trying to get a GW for the lates. Im hoping for a miracle and let them know I got medically retired from military and that was the reason for the lates because I could not work at that time.

Edited by ddamage

The creditor should be able to locate your account by ssn and other personal identifying information if you are only able to provide them the partial account number.

There's a military forum, you may also be able to get some useful advice over there based on others experience with your particular situation.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80